Fit Freak Newbie / FAQs New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted. FAQs will also be answered here.

Getting a Fit soon...

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2013, 08:57 AM
Getting a Fit soon...

Maybe that is...

Hi everyone,

I may be getting a Fit soon. My wife drives a 2006 Subaru Impreza. I drive a 2010 Honda Odyssey. We are expecting a third child this coming February, so the Impreza will not be working for my wife. She wants my Odyssey. After she gives birth and recovers, she's going to be trying out my Odyssey. If she likes it, she's taking it.

I, on the other hand, do not want her Impreza. So I will be trading that in and getting a car of my choice. I wanted a car that is good on gas, yet can be fun to mod. So I'm thinking of the Fit.

Why not a car/suv/minivan that can hold 5? I need a car that can take me to and from work, and drop off my two older daughters to school. My wife needs the minivan since she will be picking up the two girls, as well as bringing along our new one. The minivan would be very good vehicle for her.

I hope to be joining the community soon. One question, would you get the current version, or wait for the next one coming out this summer/fall in 2014?

-exit2302

Old 12-31-2013, 10:58 AM
Welcome! You may also want to consider a Prius as it has even better mileage with more passenger and cargo space. Granted, it's more $$ and the Prius isn't great in the snow, as it won't allow any wheel spin in order to protect the electric motors. And as a Prius owner, I can tell you that there's plenty of Prius hate out there, even with a NRA sticker in the back window.

Old 12-31-2013, 11:10 AM
The Prius is an excellent car. My coworker has one, the all-electric one. However, like you said, it costs a bit more. My "coworker" is a supervisor, so he gets supervisor pay.

Also, from what I have been reading, the "2015" model coming out will have better mpg than the last model. I am graduating at the end of 2014 with my master's, so I'm thinking of waiting for the new model and taking advantage of any graduate incentives it might bring.

As far as space is concerned, it will only be me and my two daughters. For the whole family, it's the minivan.

Oh, and my commute to work is only about 8 miles one way.

Thanks for the welcome!