Fit Freak Newbie / FAQs New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted. FAQs will also be answered here.

New member, New '15 Fit EX owner. Help on HKS Silent Hi-Power axle-back exhaust!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2015, 04:21 PM
Exclamation New member, New '15 Fit EX owner. Help on HKS Silent Hi-Power axle-back exhaust!

I just recently as of a few weeks ago traded in my '11 Honda CR-Z EX w/Nav for a new '15 Honda Fit EX in Aegean blue metallic. I had to do away with the CR-Z as I'm married and expecting a child within a month so we needed more than two seats and space. The Fit was the perfect fit for sure! Extremely happy with it in every way compared to the '11 Fit, which was my first car before the CR-Z. Gas mileage, styling, driving refinement, storage/passenger comfort, technology, is all better than before, completely revamped!
So from my introduction I get to my subject of interest. It needs a good exhaust to give it some soul! I'm interested in the sound and quality of the HKS Silent Hi-Power GK5 axle back exhaust for the '15 Fit with 1.5liter engine. But what about the CVT version? Same engine, different transmission (not MT), different exhaust layout axle back??? And this is the Mexican made American Fit versus the Japanese made version that HKS fits these exhausts to. Is the Japanese Fit different dimensions too???
Replies thanks.

Old 03-16-2015, 07:36 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Honda4Life15
......new '15 Honda Fit EX in Aegean blue metallic.........interested in the sound and quality of the HKS Silent Hi-Power ........
Congrats on the new ride and welcome. Don't have the answer for you on the HKS but am sure you'll get it from others.
As for differences, one thing we're all sure of are the JDM and MDM Fits have completely different f & r bumpers.
Looking forward to your Postings of pics and impressions.

Enjoy the drive!!!

Old 03-17-2015, 03:29 PM
ROTTBOY,
Thank you for the info on the JDM/MDM front and rear bumper differences! That gets me a little closer to assurance that it will fit on my Fit. I will look forward to finalizing the rest of the details. Much appreciated!

Old 04-03-2015, 05:50 PM
I ordered this three weeks ago now, it has an 8-12 week lead time. So sometime between 5 and 9 weeks, I can probably answer your question!

As far as the differences between the axle backs on the CVT and manual. I took a trip to the Honda dealership, where I crawled under both models determined that there isn't a difference. Since I have the CVT, I went ahead and took a chance and ordered the HKS. Like I said, I'll keep the forum updated. As far as I can tell no one has put the HKS Silent Hi-Power on a GK5 yet.