Fit Freak Newbie / FAQs New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted. FAQs will also be answered here.

D you like your Honda FIT??!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2017, 03:57 AM
D you like your Honda FIT??!

after looking for a long time I went back to my first choice..a honda fit.
I wanted to know if You guys like you fits.
The one I will get is the 2017 ex (second trim) Is it a good car?

How many miles have people put on it? and how much money at the shops?

Would you guys get the civic or the fit?

Thank you

Old 04-03-2017, 07:14 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
yah i definitely like da fit. it is a super utility daily driver car, easy on da wallet, good looking, spacious, kinda slow but wife dont care, and i can take it anywhere without caring.

my wife (technically i own it per title) has da 16' EX.

Old 04-03-2017, 09:40 AM
5 Year Member
I would get the Fit.

More space
Cheaper to buy and insure
light weight
better gas mileage
better color selection
Easy to mod
large range of trims

Old 04-03-2017, 12:36 PM
5 Year Member
I find in "strange" when people go directly to a "Honda Fit" website and ask if people like their Fit, and whether they should get one.

This is "Fitfreak"...I'm just going to say the vast, vast majority of people bothering to spend much time here....like Honda Fits. So your results are going to be severely skewed.

That being said, Yes, I like Honda Fits...I've owned 2. 2010, and 2016.

Fit vs. Civic?
IMO they are both great vehicles. You are not making a mistake choosing either.

I picked The Fit, because I actually like smaller. For various reasons. Including but not limited to....(subjective)-a more direct connection feeling when driving. What I call an agile feel.
(Not subjective )- Easier to park, maneuver in the city, and also easier to wash and wax and cosmetically maintain.

Also IMO not subjective with the Fit, cool "Swiss Army Knife" like configuration capabilities. I love having a sub-compact that if I need to do so, I can configure to hold quite a bit. The entirely flat load floor, the ability to fold seats up...love that aspect.

I have also used "Refresh Mode"....making the long stretch your legs out seat, on long drives. And IMO it's great.
What's not to like about a sub-compact vehicle in which you can create a seat that actually allows you to stretch your legs out at a rest stop, like you are sitting in a lounge chair at home? There's not another vehicle available that can do that...well at least that I know of.

So for me? I like The Honda Fit.
But Also?

There are great things about the Civic.
If you don't like sub-compact hatch-backs? Well...it isn't one of them.
I think The Civic also has great driving characteristics.

If I wasn't buying a Fit? Civic would be high on my list.

As far as reliability? Well this Generation Fit hasn't been around too long. Honda has a great reputation but there is no way we can really get long term results until the vehicle has been in existence "long term".
I have had zero "real" problems with my New Fit...outside of IMO crappy wiper blades. But with a brand new vehicle, I wouldn't expect any problems. If I did start to have any? I'd' consider the vehicle a lemon.

But my bottom line opinion is.....while I like the Honda Fit...either Fit or Civic are good choices.

EDIT: I should add...the only problems I've had thus far with the Gen 3 have been crappy wiper blades....and I don't like the indirect TPMS system. Too many false alerts. Besides that? It's been great.

Last edited by fitchet; 04-04-2017 at 01:39 PM.
Old 04-04-2017, 02:20 AM
5 Year Member
Get the Civic.

I really can't stand my 2017 Fit. It's a mundane utilitarian vehicle. Civic gets close to the same milage and seems to be a much nicer car? Yes, the Civic is a little more money. It's funny how our significant others know us? My wife asked "are you sure you want to buy this?" My response was sure, I just want some cheap transportation to get me back and forth to work. I should have listened to her and bought something, anything else. I can't wait to my son gets his license so I can give him this crap box that I bought.

Old 04-04-2017, 06:00 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
I donno guy.. I'd commit to being economical and keep the fit. Do it like u mean it. Not an underpowered mediocre car like the civic which will still never be able to compete with the real sport compacts. Unless typeR..

Old 04-04-2017, 09:58 PM
I very much like my 2012 Fit. It's neither a luxury car nor a performance/sports car, by design. It does, however, do very well at what it's intended to do: provides reliable, economical, practical transportation for people or stuff (but not a lot of both at the same time). I think it's decently fun to drive, too.

That's not to suggest that the Civic is a bad car; it isn't.

Old 04-05-2017, 06:38 PM
you're comparing two great cars. The difference is in the utility, features, performance, handling, and look. They're not the same in any of the categories. They're both great. Like someone wrote above, this is Fitfreaks, not Fithaters.

Old 04-09-2017, 08:41 PM
I had a Mini Cooper before my 2012 Fit manual and I loved it, just got worried about
Maintaining it. The Fit is fun to drive, and I can put lots of Cargo in the back, in my case
Some RC planes. I've grown to love it like a friend. A friend I can depend on

Old 04-10-2017, 12:20 AM
interesting. Before I bought my fit *all I wanted was a Mini. I was just about to buy one having found one that I really liked, and thought I'd ask my mechanic what he thought. He said, quote "when things go wrong with the Mini it's a shitshow. Don't get one, unless you want to spend all your money at my shop". He told me to get a Fit or a Civic or a Corolla or a Matrix. I love my Fit. Love it more than any other car I've had. *except for the 73 Chevy 3/4 ton that I had for many years...but that's another story...)