Fit Freak Newbie / FAQs New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted. FAQs will also be answered here.

New owner turning enthusiast.

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2018, 08:36 AM
New owner turning enthusiast.

Hey folks, so when I totalled my subie 2.5 rs I was destroyed. I was then forced to get another car to be able to get to work, and it had to be fast.
Dealership I got my car from, only car on the lot I could get financed was a 07 Fit Sport, auto......
I am not a fan of autos.
This has been a love that has grown in me, I immediately enjoyed the car. At first I didn't do anything fun with the car, cause in my head, it's a fit. This car showed me what's up. I have now taken the fit to a lot of my old subie squirrelly roads, IT KEEPS UP!
So when I got it, I wasn't going in this direction with this vehicle at all. Now I'm not even looking for a "play" car.
Plus this thing fits my entire drum kit, 2 guitars and 2 amps in it!

So since owning it. I had a cat CEL come on, then 2 weeks later terrible misfires on all cylinders. It became undrivable.

As I looked into it. I pulled cyl. 1 ign. Module and spark plug. Both looked fine.
When I did cyl. 2, 3, & 4. The bottom boot of the coil over had melted to the spark plugs, so they tore, coil stayed on plug. Once getting the plugs out..... I'm not sure how it ran. So fouled out!
So it looked like the previous owner replaced coil and plug on cyl. 1 and the others were all original and by the way they came out of the head, never been touched.
So replaced all 4 coil overs and spark plugs. Reset the light, and all codes we're gone. Drove about a week, now the Cat Light is back.
So now more fun to be had! Haha!

Take it easy folks.

Old 08-22-2018, 01:59 AM
Love it lol. I really want my fit to make more power. Once you upgrade the exhaust it sounds great. I may be supercharging it once it gets back from the shop. (Got rear ended)