Fit Freak Newbie / FAQs New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted. FAQs will also be answered here.

Loud Noises??

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2018, 02:00 PM
Loud Noises??

Hello Everyone!

First of all, thanks for having a place where we can ask and answer questions solely about our lil fits.

Now onto my questions/observations.

(Two things to note, I just had rear brake work done a few days prior to this. And the vehicle was in a front end collision with a bear a few months back that bent the hood in slightly and dented the ac condenser as well bending the radiator support bar up a bit)

I have a automatic 2008 Honda Fit Sport, and today I was driving around town in sport mode and had come to a stop light where I had braked and realized I needed to be in the next lane over, so I put my blinker on and accelerate to move over only to have a massive thunk sound happen then some grinding and loud screechy noises and I couldn't move, not forward or backwards. I pushed it up into normal Drive to see if that made a difference but nothing happened then either. So with a line of cars behind me I threw my 4-way flashers on and shifted to neutral so my passenger and I could push the vehicle into a parking lot to the side. Once we got it into a parking space I tried shifting into Park and there was more loud screeching and thunking and the car still tried to roll backwards even though I had shifted into Park.
Next I just pulled the e-brake so the car would stay in place and opened the hood while the car was still on and in Park and there was still some additional loudness even idling. I was asked to get back in and try to reverse a little just to see if it would move and see if brakes had locked up but when I shifted, the same loud noises again.

Does it sound like transmission issues? The Solenoid Shift Control? It doesn't seem like brakes locking up if we were able to push it in neutral. CV Joint slipping?

If anyone has any ideas or feedback or even similar experiences I would gladly accept it,
Thank you!