Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

H-Fit Short Shifter kit...

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 03:55 AM
5 Year Member
H-Fit Short Shifter kit... ***UPDATED W/ PRICE***

... will soon be released . They needed a car to test fit it in so I offered up my car to them, and got it at a discounted price. It was test fitted in my car earlier this evening and everything fits perfectly. Shifter height still looks the same as stock but the throw is shorter and shifts are more solid and crisp because they replace all the rubber bushings with aluminum ones. They told me to drive around with it and to give them my feed back in about a week. After that, they're off for production.

Also, with their Kit you have the option to go back to stock without having to buy any new parts, unlike the Skunk2's Kit.

Just wanted to share the news with the community.

Last edited by JamesBizzle; 10-04-2007 at 01:28 AM.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:57 AM
5 Year Member
lucky bastard! i do need one of those for better shifting =P

Old 09-20-2007, 04:00 AM
5 Year Member
Ohh you'll be happy. trust me.

Old 09-20-2007, 04:19 AM
tdk
NICEEEE!! Unfortunetly...I live in Indonesia hikss..hikss...MUGEN is the only choice here

Old 09-20-2007, 12:47 PM
5 Year Member
So is this a real deal short shifter... or is it just chaging the shifter height like Skunk2...? Because, in my opinion, that's not a short shifter.

Are the throws reduced? Is the actual shifter lever changed?

Old 09-20-2007, 01:01 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
i believe it is similar to the skunk2, however it does feel really nice because of the replaced bushings.

Old 09-20-2007, 03:48 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah, like chris said, it's very similar to Skunk2's but instead of raising up the original bushings, they are replaced with aluminum bushings that are about 1/16 of an inch taller then the OEM rubber/plastic bushings. I honestly can't tell the difference in the height, but can tell that the throws are shorter and more crisp. Also, with their Kit you have the option to go back to Stock throw/height if there ever comes a need to. This is not possible after installing Skunk2's Kit.

And to answer your question, no the lever is not replaced.

Old 09-21-2007, 12:58 AM
5 Year Member
bump it up yo!

Old 09-21-2007, 01:25 PM
5 Year Member
So this would solve the occasional crunchy feeling when shifting (i.e. for me, into 3, unless I make sure to have it to the left of the gateway, or whatever it's called)?

Old 09-21-2007, 02:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cojaro
So this would solve the occasional crunchy feeling when shifting (i.e. for me, into 3, unless I make sure to have it to the left of the gateway, or whatever it's called)?
Crunchy feeling? I'm sorry, but I'm not quite sure of what you're talking about? are you referring to grinding your gears? (When the clutch is engaged and you try to move the shifter)

Old 09-21-2007, 03:31 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JamesBizzle
Crunchy feeling? I'm sorry, but I'm not quite sure of what you're talking about? are you referring to grinding your gears? (When the clutch is engaged and you try to move the shifter)
+1 on that! I have always found the stock shifter in the Fit is pretty slick... should be no crunching!

Old 10-01-2007, 08:36 PM
5 Year Member
***bump***

I just spoke to passon an hour ago and confirmed that the H-Fit short shifter will be retailing for $75. (Though their website may state otherwise because it isn't updated yet.)

After almost two weeks of having it in my car, I'm already used to it and it feels great!

Hit them up. To order yours today!

Old 10-01-2007, 09:40 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JamesBizzle
I'm not grinding; I know what grinding sounds and feels like. Hmm, I dunno what I'm feeling then.

Either way, H-Fit shifter bushings should be on their way son :thumbsup:

Old 10-01-2007, 09:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cojaro
I'm not grinding; I know what grinding sounds and feels like. Hmm, I dunno what I'm feeling then.

Either way, H-Fit shifter bushings should be on their way son :thumbsup:
Sorry I couldn't help you, BUT hopefully the Short Shifter does solve your problem.

Old 10-01-2007, 10:16 PM
CRAP! You were there when I was leaving the meet and I totally forgot to check it out.... DAMN IT!

Old 10-01-2007, 10:41 PM
Banned
I'm confused why can't you go back to stock using the Skunk 2? All you have to do is take off the extension and take out the bushings no need to buy new parts???

Old 10-01-2007, 10:57 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by thejroisgo
CRAP! You were there when I was leaving the meet and I totally forgot to check it out.... DAMN IT!
And I forgot to check out your drop on your new susspension. Damn it!
lol. sorry man, you can check it out at the Meet Chris is hosting next month and I'll peep out your new Coils.

Originally Posted by claymore
I'm confused why can't you go back to stock using the Skunk 2? All you have to do is take off the extension and take out the bushings no need to buy new parts???
What I said up there was what I heard from H-Fit. According to them, the way that the screws are used to hold the adaptor in place will damage the shifter itself (the bar, or what ever you call it). Because of this, in order to go back to stock, you'll have to replace it.

I can't explain it too well, but if you'd like a better explaination, can email them at:
info@h-fit.com

If you do end up Emailing them, please post thier response for other members interested.
Thanks!

Last edited by JamesBizzle; 10-01-2007 at 11:02 PM.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:19 PM
5 Year Member
Any pics to share?

Old 10-02-2007, 04:29 AM
5 Year Member
Sorry, no pics of my own, BUT they were taking pics as they were installing it into my car. They told me that they were goin to use the pics for the instructions on how to install the SS Kit and I'm sure they'll post some pics up on their website as well.

I'll follow up with them tomorrow, and try to have them reply to this thread to make it easier for those that are interested and have question.

Old 10-02-2007, 04:41 AM
5 Year Member
i went on the site and it said $30 is that the price or am i reading it wrong ?

Quick Reply: H-Fit Short Shifter kit...