Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

H-Fit Short Shifter kit...

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by cojaro
So this would solve the occasional crunchy feeling when shifting (i.e. for me, into 3, unless I make sure to have it to the left of the gateway, or whatever it's called)?

I understrand the crunching I believe. Its not really a crunch that you guys are thinking of. its doesnt go crunch. its just kind of goes into the gear rough a little bit. maybe. Its really a hard thing to describe. But I have had my fit for 1month and noticed it right away.

but I am used to Redlines supershock proof oil in my honda trannys.. smoothest shiznit ever...I will be changing my tranny fluid next month. and I am ordering this short shifter kit.

I have had nothing but bad experience with skunk2. their customer service sux.! I would rather pay the extra $20 bucks for h-fits product. it looks more solid anyways.

skunk2s short shifter just looks like a little pecker nipple.

Old 11-30-2008, 04:58 PM
Originally Posted by wdb
Installed the H-Fit kit yesterday. Very straightforward,...

The H-Fit parts are nicely made and fit very well. The instructions were complete and clear... If there is any advice I'd offer to prospective installers, it is to definitely tap the adapter down onto the end of the lever ball. Tapping it with a plastic hammer caused the adapter to go on about 1/4" further and allowed the setscrews to bite into the shaft proper -- where they're designed to bite. ...

Shifting performance is definitely better. Throws are shorter and crisper, with a little increase in effort but nothing excessive; I swear the only reason I notice is because the shifting effort was so very light to begin with. Precision feels about the same. Rubbery feel in the lever is gone due to the hard mounts. I noticed no increase in NVH whatsoever, which makes sense given that the whole deal is cables and plastic to begin with.

I find plenty to like about the H-Fit kit, and nothing to dislike. It's well designed, well made, and works as advertised. I'm satisfied.
I agree -I just put in the H-fit short shifter kit (it uses 4 set screws to mount) has custom hard mounts and mated a Skunk2 shift knob on top ... the installation on the 09 GE8 is simpler than it appears in the instructions. (though the instructions are not complicated - the detail makes it seem like a bigger job than it is). It appears to me that the GE8 has a slight advantage in making this an easier install.

It works very well in my opinion and looks nice. Throws are shorter and crisper and you get a nice gate like feel to the shift points. There is a sound increase to go with the crisp end points, but that is due to the solid mounts instead of rubber ... this is actually a plus in my book and is just noticeable not an excessive thing.

Old 01-01-2009, 04:53 PM
wdb
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by wdb
I'd still like shorter shifts, but that's probably because I'm comparing the Fit to an STi with a heavily modified shift mechanism. I may combine the H-Fit kit with a T1R lever, if I can find somebody who sells them...
Well, I ended up doing what so many people theorized about but never did; combining the H-Fit kit with a Mugen short shift assembly. My shifts are shorter than ever! Writeup can be seen here:

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...t-shifter.html

I've only had it in the car for a day so I'm not completely finished learning about it and playing around with it, but so far so good. I also have the Circuit Hero lever extender and will be toying around with that in combination with the short-short shift setup.

Old 05-23-2010, 11:05 AM
5 Year Member
If any of you ever have installation problems or questions, contact the guys over at H-Fit. They are extremely helpful.

Last edited by hayden; 05-24-2010 at 11:26 AM.
Old 01-23-2011, 07:55 PM
Thanks for the info on this old post. The SSAS is still $75 and looks to be a solid investment with the combo of the Skunk2 weighted knob. Thanks again

Old 01-31-2012, 09:23 PM
I apologize for bumping an old thread, but i just ordered this kit a few minutes ago and am stoked for the install!