Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

LED Conversion Kits - 2015

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2020, 08:18 PM
5 Year Member
LED Conversion Kits - 2015

Hey all,

I used the search function, but rooting through everything was just super daunting and...well...

I want to change out my traditional bulbs for LED lights when I replace my head light.

Anyone have any they suggest?

I'm going to be ordering a Bra and some other stuff from CARiD, so bonus points if it's on there?

-Cheers
-K

Old 05-17-2020, 08:30 PM
5 Year Member
Looks for bulbs that emulate the stock bulbs filament location as closely as possible.

Old 05-17-2020, 10:30 PM
5 Year Member
The guy hit the nail on the head. I tried LED, even with the 2 filament chips, the broadcast beam just wasn't right. The Fit housing is designed for halogen bulbs, not LED chips. I returned them and got my money back. I ended going back to the upgraded halogen Sylvania Silverstar ULTRA 9003/H4. They are not long lasting bulbs, but they are brighter than the OEM. They are expensive, around $45 a pair. But, check eBay I found them for around $30.

Last edited by wasserball; 05-17-2020 at 10:36 PM.
Old 05-17-2020, 11:49 PM
Originally Posted by KByers12
Hey all,

I used the search function, but rooting through everything was just super daunting and...well...

I want to change out my traditional bulbs for LED lights when I replace my head light.

Anyone have any they suggest?

I'm going to be ordering a Bra and some other stuff from CARiD, so bonus points if it's on there?

-Cheers
-K
as mentioned they aren’t ideal housings. You will need to play with aiming.

I am currently running https://www.carid.com/piaa/platinum-...rsion-kit.html PIAA Platinums. They are significantly brighter, but I’ve had to aim them quite low and to the right (the Platinums allow of rotation of bulb) to prevent oncoming drivers from flashing me. I like them but it’s not as clean a lighting pattern as on other cars I’ve seen or driven with projectors.

Installation went well enough with the PIAA LEDs. You will have to sandwich the rubber boot between the bulb base and the heat sink. It’s easy to do once you figure it out, hard to describe with words. The heat sink screws off, allowing you to feed the power cable through the rubber boot. Once you do one side the other is a breeze. High beam pattern moves the light distribution up, but does not get noticeably brighter. I’m still happier with them, and feel safer with these LED bulbs. My second option would have been Osram Nightbreakers, which are still a big improvement over factory.

Old 06-08-2020, 06:58 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cojaro
Looks for bulbs that emulate the stock bulbs filament location as closely as possible. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnD_sDWNjEw
Goodness gracious he went on for 13.5 minutes about something he could have said in 2 minutes.

Halogen incandescent bulbs, which are glass bulbs with wire filaments inside, and the reflectors for those incandescent bulbs, are designed to work together. Every standard bulb model number, no matter who the manufacturer is, has the same size glass bulb with the same size wire filament or filaments inside, placed in the same location within the bulb. Car manufacturers design reflectors to work with those filaments. If you replace the original bulbs with bulbs that have filaments that are of a different size or in a different place, the light from the replacement bulbs will not be directed ahead of the car properly. Your headlights will not work well at all. LED replacement lamps can never have LEDs that are placed so as to precisely mimic the location and placement of the wire filaments in wire filament lamps, however there are well designed LED replacement lamps that mimic filament placement much more closely than poorly designed LED lamps. Those well-designed LED lamps will tend to have 2 sets of LEDs with one set facing the opposite direction from the other, one set facing 180 degrees away from the other set rather than have LEDs that are facing in 3 or 4 directions. The well-designed LED lamps will typically have 1 set of LEDs on each side of a thin board,

That didn't even take me 2 minutes to say. It took me about 1 minutes and 25 seconds.

Last edited by nomenclator; 06-08-2020 at 07:49 PM.