Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

New Fit Owner: Fog Lights/ Head Light questions

Old 02-07-2008, 01:57 AM
5 Year Member
New Fit Owner: Fog Lights/ Head Light questions

ok ... soo im pretty new to cars.. i know nothing about cars.. but am learning... i just bought a black 08 fit and was wondering if anybody can help me out and answer some questions i have...

1) Should i get yellow bulbs (PIAA) or should i just get vinyl/yellow film and if so where can i find these both at a good price? a web site or such? which one looks good or the best?

2) Hid bulbs or the kit? what's the difference? if i want the lights to look nice and reflect a lot of stuff on the road.. (road markers) which should i get ? price range/ website... and what kind of brand of bulbs are the best if i decide to just get HID bulbs?

3) The bulb sizes for each? headlights / fogs?

Old 02-07-2008, 02:07 AM
headlights H4 55w low/60w high
foglights H11 55w

keep them stock unless you got those projector headlamps

Old 02-07-2008, 02:14 AM
5 Year Member
what are the projector headlamps? i got the 08 fit sport edition ...

Old 02-07-2008, 02:15 AM
Originally Posted by cKranez
ok ... soo im pretty new to cars.. i know nothing about cars.. but am learning... i just bought a black 08 fit and was wondering if anybody can help me out and answer some questions i have...

1) Should i get yellow bulbs (PIAA) or should i just get vinyl/yellow film and if so where can i find these both at a good price? a web site or such? which one looks good or the best?

2) Hid bulbs or the kit? what's the difference? if i want the lights to look nice and reflect a lot of stuff on the road.. (road markers) which should i get ? price range/ website... and what kind of brand of bulbs are the best if i decide to just get HID bulbs?

3) The bulb sizes for each? headlights / fogs?
1-yellow film cause its cheaper, actually protects the fog light, and gives off a sweet yellow glow. If you want more yellow then go with both film and bulbs. It wont hurt if you instal the film right. They are H11 bulbs. Heres the link to instaling the film https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...s-answers.html

2-depends on how much light you want. i would personally go for the hit kit. Its a bit more but the light output is much better. It kinda depends on which temp you go with but thats anouther topic. Heres the link to xenith xenons. The owner is great and they are pretty inexpensive. The bulb size is H4 if my memory serves me well. Heres the link https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/merchant-group-buys-new-product-sales/15998-gauging-interest-xenith-hid-kits-140-shipped-anywhere-us.html. Hope that this helps you out a bit. There is alot more info on the forums if you look around a bit. Let us know if you need more help or are confused.

Joshua

Old 02-07-2008, 02:19 AM
what are the projector headlamps? i got the 08 fit sport edition ...
Projectors are a completely different headlamp then you have. Projectors are nicer but a crap ton of money to get them retrofitted into your headlights. Just stick with the HID kit. Look at the link i gave you for the HIDS and it will show you the diference between OE bulbs and aftermarket HIDS.

Old 02-07-2008, 02:27 AM
5 Year Member
thnx man very helpful ... i was wondering also the Xenons that i mite order... do i have to tell them the size of the bulbs that i need or is it like a one size fits all sort of deal? is it e z to install..? or hard... and how much do i xpect to pay for a professional to install it ? lolz sorry man im really new.. lolz

thnx for your help .... gladly apprciated

Old 02-07-2008, 02:32 AM
thnx man very helpful ... i was wondering also the Xenons that i mite order... do i have to tell them the size of the bulbs that i need or is it like a one size fits all sort of deal? is it e z to install..? or hard... and how much do i xpect to pay for a professional to install it ? lolz sorry man im really new.. lolz

thnx for your help .... gladly apprciated
For the HIDS you have to tell them H4 bulbs when ordering, or else 08 honda fit. You also have to decide what temp you want, most go with 6000k or 8000k. The instal isnt hard but the bumper has to be removed to wire in the ballasts. Im not 100% sure how much the professionals charge but with your lack of car knowledge it might not be a bad idea

Old 02-07-2008, 02:35 AM
5 Year Member
ok does the temperature make a differnce on how bright the light output is?... yea imma have to consult a professional... i hope they dont rip me off lolz .... your a great help

Old 02-07-2008, 02:48 AM
ok does the temperature make a differnce on how bright the light output is?... yea imma have to consult a professional... i hope they dont rip me off lolz .... your a great help
Yes my friend. Different temps are different color. Heres a link to Xenithxenons and you can look through the site. Xenith Xenons - Superior Quality HIDs and World-Renowned Customer Service! See For Yourself Today! If anything else you can call George and talk to him or shoot him a pm. He is pretty quick with returning your questions. Im not gonna lie. HIDS are not my strong point but i know enough about them to get by. Haha

Old 02-07-2008, 02:54 AM
Heres a color chart link. Its not the one i remember but it will give you a decent idea. http://www.delonixradar.com.au/images/HID_poster.jpg.

Old 02-08-2008, 03:02 AM
5 Year Member
yea ive decided to get the nokkya or watever brand yellow bubls / film for the fogs and the Xenon 8k HIDS for my car... lol think itll b nice?

Old 02-08-2008, 03:05 AM
yea ive decided to get the nokkya or watever brand yellow bubls / film for the fogs and the Xenon 8k HIDS for my car... lol think itll b nice?
Hell yea it will be nice. Thats the same setup im going for. I have the yellow film and yellow bulbs just havent sprung for the HIDS yet. You getting lows only or the Bi Xenons for the headlights?

Old 02-08-2008, 05:17 AM
5 Year Member
wth is lows only / bi xenons? .... it gets even more specific?

Old 02-08-2008, 08:39 AM
Yes. If you are just getting a regular HID kit it is probably just low beams. If you want high beams you have to specify with your order and they are called Bi Xenons. Most run just low beam cause the kits are so bright you dont need hi's but thats up to you. I guess you werent lieing when you said you knew nothing about this. Haha. Dont worry though if you ask you will get an answer. If worse comes to worse PM me if you have questions. Good luck with the lights. haha.

Old 02-08-2008, 11:27 PM
5 Year Member
alrite i got the nokyaa bubls for my fogs and i got PIAA hid bulbs... it looks alrite was just a bit pricey... but i mite just rethink about it and go with the xenon hids... gotta think it over drive a lil bit more... to see if its ok with me... if its not imma get the xenons lolz... imma go check out a fellow fit fend who has em installed later on today and see if it makes a big diff thnx for the help bro

Old 02-09-2008, 02:21 AM
5 Year Member
Yea even those say it HID bulb like PIAA, they dont offer true HID....if you want to have all road sign and other kind of reflector to reflect go w/ 8k, I have xenith xenon 8k HID kit, and im loving them and fog try out luminics bulbs, and also go w/ the vinyl films too. And for installation by pro. they will charge you and arm and leg and sometime they will do it wrong too
Check out DIY on installing the kit, so you can get idea and ask for pro ask them to install this way for clean set-up.

Old 02-10-2008, 04:28 PM
5 Year Member
thnx!!! ill check out

Old 02-20-2008, 03:52 AM
5 Year Member
nic einfo here guys, thanks

Old 02-25-2008, 06:40 PM
Originally Posted by Infinitifxrules
theres so much rice in here
alrighty there......

Old 02-26-2008, 01:30 AM
5 Year Member
These are projector headlamps for the Honda Fit 07/08 (I think they both share the same front end)

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...-retrofit.html

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Fit Owner: Fog Lights/ Head Light questions