Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

New Fogs From Bluebatmobile

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 06:23 PM
Thumbs up New Fogs From Bluebatmobile

This is the yellow tint from Bluebatmobile. Very easy to do. Andy said he wanted close-ups, so 'look into the eye'. Also got light smoke tints today from him for heads and tails. Hope to get those on this weekend (or sooner) if I can wrangle the spousal unit for some of his time.

The tail light vinyl is in two pieces, I assume because it would be impossible to go over the seam and around the curve (and through the woods) with one piece. This should be interesting cuz now I'm gonna have to trim & make a visible seam. Too bad I have Parkinson's - it's probably not gonna look too good (kidding. no Parkinson's here)

Old 03-19-2008, 07:40 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
All I've got right now are some not-so-good cell phone pics. I can't find my digital camera to save my life. I'll post up the cell phone shots within the next few days though!

Old 03-19-2008, 07:46 PM
Squirrely,

I like the yellow fogs. By any chance have you tried lamin-x or xpel? Im curious to see if there is any difference between them all. My lamin-x keep burning and im getting tired of changing them. Let me know what you think about these new ones and if you have any problems with them. Thanks in advance.

Old 03-19-2008, 08:45 PM
Originally Posted by jdjohnson9
Squirrely,

I like the yellow fogs. By any chance have you tried lamin-x or xpel? Im curious to see if there is any difference between them all. My lamin-x keep burning and im getting tired of changing them. Let me know what you think about these new ones and if you have any problems with them. Thanks in advance.
Not sure if I'll ever know about burning since I never really use the fog lights. It's rarely foggy here and when it is, it isn't bad. And I haven't used lamin-x or xpel so I wouldn't know about that either.

Old 03-20-2008, 09:23 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
I apologize in advance for the lack of better pics. As soon as I find where my camera walked off to I PROMISE to post better pics!

jdjohnson9 - IIR, these are only $12 shipped. MUCH better price then Lamin-X (and only ever so slightly thinner)! Never used xpel.

Old 03-20-2008, 10:04 PM
Kelmar, it looks great! You must have found your camera! Ya know, after I got done putting the fogs back on my car and was taking pictures, I noticed that on the left side - just to the inside of the fog housing, there's flat solid peices of plastic. But on the right side (facing the car) it's open, and I wondered if I'd broken the right side somehow and didn't notice it. But now I see on your car and others, they're all the same way. Kinda odd...
Are you going to paint your housings black?

Old 03-20-2008, 11:25 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
It's the cell phone...

I think I'm going to paint them gunmetal, what do you think?

Old 03-20-2008, 11:43 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Squirrely

The tail light vinyl is in two pieces, I assume because it would be impossible to go over the seam and around the curve (and through the woods) with one piece. This should be interesting cuz now I'm gonna have to trim & make a visible seam. Too bad I have Parkinson's - it's probably not gonna look too good (kidding. no Parkinson's here)
Oh no! I hope mine doesn't come in two pieces. I have never applied this stuff before and with my luck something is going to go terribly wrong.

Old 03-21-2008, 07:36 AM
Originally Posted by Kelmar
It's the cell phone...

I think I'm going to paint them gunmetal, what do you think?
Isn't your car silver? Is that going to show up?

Old 03-21-2008, 11:26 AM
guys the overlays look great, how can i go about ordering them and thanks

Old 03-21-2008, 11:56 AM
5 Year Member
yeah id like to get these as well, how to buy?

Old 03-22-2008, 12:19 AM
Hey guys, if you want to order, go to this link:
Any interest in vinyl overlays?

Old 03-22-2008, 01:40 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Originally Posted by Squirrely
Isn't your car silver? Is that going to show up?
Correct, and I don't know... I guess if worse comes to worse it just looks dark...

My taillight overlay is in the mail!

Old 03-22-2008, 01:41 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Order by emailing Andy at bluebatmobile@san.rr.com

He'll give you all the info you need.

Old 03-22-2008, 07:02 PM
One smoked light down, three to go

Ok, I've done one tail light with the light tint from bluebatmobile. As usual, it proved challenging. Why are all our lights curvy and difficult? Sheesh! I'm sure the second one will be better (knock on wood). The tint is light - which is good. It's the subtle hue I was hoping for. Can't wait to put it on the headlights (probably tomorrow). Stay tuned

Here's a comparison.

Old 03-22-2008, 07:04 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
You went with the full tail?

Old 03-22-2008, 07:09 PM
You went with the full tail?
yeah, once I saw how light the tint was, I thought it would look good. And except for the seams and bubbles it does!! I'm not really laughing. Seriously.

Deep breath, calm blue ocean, calm blue ocean.......

Old 03-22-2008, 07:15 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Where do the 2 pieces meet at? Is it where the red meets the clear (at the top of the reverse) or where the crease is?

I've got the old one piece (of the 6/10) sitting here on the table but it was cut wrong so I'm trying to think if there is anything I can use it for.

Old 03-22-2008, 10:09 PM
Where do the 2 pieces meet at? Is it where the red meets the clear (at the top of the reverse) or where the crease is?

I've got the old one piece (of the 6/10) sitting here on the table but it was cut wrong so I'm trying to think if there is anything I can use it for.
They meet at the top of the clear, and since I couldn't get the bottom piece to fold over that corner of the clear nicely, I cut a seam there. It's not perfect but unless you're looking up close it doesn't really show. If two pieces butt-up together and don't overlap, you virtually can't see it! So I imagine you could do pretty much anything with you 6/10's.

Old 03-23-2008, 10:04 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Can you post closeups of where you cut the overlay to get it to go over the bump there in the clear part?

Quick Reply: New Fogs From Bluebatmobile