Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

HIDs doing some strange things.

Old 06-10-2008, 12:49 PM
HIDs doing some strange things.

My headlights have started acting a little strange lately. Last Friday my headlights came on without me doing anything to turn them on. I tried turning the car off and using the light switch and nothing worked other then taking the fuse out that is for the ballasts power (you know the one that comes directly from the battery).

Currently, I take this fuse out when I am not driving b/c although after some time the headlight switch will allow me to turn the lights off, they will turn back on in the middle of the night/day/whenever they want. I'm not sure if this is due to the high heat we are having in the area or the humidity or what, b/c I haven't had any electrical surges in the car, nothing under the hood or in that area got wet and so on.

I'm lost, plain and simple. Everything else seems to work perfectly.

Here is some background as to my setup: I have XenithXenon ballasts (used to have the bi-xenon H4 kit), retrofit of FX35 projectors done by smeister (which I know it's not the retrofit causing the problem) which he included a wiring harness, and then to connect the ballasts to the HID bulbs I have AMP connectors (like these: http://www.gothids.net/ampconnectortod2base.aspx). My thought is that it's either the ballasts (can't see how) or there is an issue with the harness. what do you guys think? If you need more info please let me know.

Also, it's been really hot in the area (well above 100) and there has been some heavy rain, so it's been a bit more humid then normal (although I've never had any issues with humidity or heavy rain anywhere else since I've had HIDs on the car).