Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

Puddle Lights possible on the Fit?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 01:47 PM
Puddle Lights possible on the Fit?

Does anybody know of an add on Puddle light modification for the Fit? We had them on our last vehicle and my wife loved them, especially since they turned on with the alarm disarm to identify the car in the lot. Security, identification, and of course the intended use of not stepping into something deep.

Opinions?

Rannous

Old 08-18-2008, 03:27 PM
Or stepping in someone else's vomit, as I did, in flip-flops, last Saturday night in the parking lot of our local Wal-Mart (oops, sorry Wal*Mart).

That was the most disgusting, vile thing that has ever happened to me (and I've stepped in a variety of different types of poop over the years).

At least it happened on the way IN to the store....I would've been pissed if somebody's puke had ended up in Pepe Le Pew.

Old 08-18-2008, 04:05 PM
5 Year Member
Hmm. You could do this:

1. Drill small hole at bottom of side view mirror housing
2. Add wide viewing angle LED [poking out of the hole. should be barely noticeable]
(be sure to use some silicone or something around the LED wires so that moisture can't get to any exposed wire)
You can get some wide viewing angle LEDs at superbrightleds.com/leds.htm .
3. Connect the wires to the fusebox/domelight.

I know there's an empty slot that turns on with the parking lights and the alarm, though if you were to use that one, the puddle lights would be on whenever your headlights are on. To remedy that, you could wire it up to the domelight by splicing into the the domelight's (+) wire at the furebox ( see https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...ome+light+fuse )

Last edited by cojaro; 08-18-2008 at 04:10 PM.