Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

HID Discussion.

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 12:57 AM
5 Year Member
HID Discussion.

HIDs. What brand? brightness? Any story you wanna share? such as "Did you got pulled over?" "how you got it?"

Old 10-01-2008, 01:04 AM
not sure if your ust looking for pull over storys or just storys on what kind people got and how thay like them. but i bought my 8000k Bi HID's from http://www.xenithxenons.com/ awsome service great product works fine iv had them for a few months now. and i just bought 3000k kit for my fog lights from an ebay store called Ultra-Vision thay are supposed to be a good comp. ill let you know when i get them and install them in a few days.

EDIT: and as for getting pulled over with them i dont think anyone has, and i dont think thay can, thay wouldent have enough to prove that your car dident come stock with them or thay would be pulling over BMW's and stuff to check if thay had them installed aftermarket.

Last edited by pwnstar; 10-01-2008 at 01:17 AM.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by pwnstar
not sure if your ust looking for pull over storys or just storys on what kind people got and how thay like them. but i bought my 8000k Bi HID's from http://www.xenithxenons.com/ awsome service great product works fine iv had them for a few months now. and i just bought 3000k kit for my fog lights from an ebay store called Ultra-Vision thay are supposed to be a good comp. ill let you know when i get them and install them in a few days.

EDIT: and as for getting pulled over with them i dont think anyone has, and i dont think thay can, thay wouldent have enough to prove that your car dident come stock with them or thay would be pulling over BMW's and stuff to check if thay had them installed aftermarket.
dont even trip bud i thought id get pulled over too before i bought em but the cops never bother you unless you have like the blueish ones they sell they might but i really dont think they would, ya as for what brand, i bought my headlights from http://stores.ebay.com/Ultra-Vision-HID these are the same ones pwnstar just bought for his fogs, they work great, plus they are a good price, id suggest getting a kit from here or http://www.xenithxenons.com/ , also for headlights the best seeing distance and visibilty would be 4300k to 6000k, if you want a little more blue than go with 8000k, but any higher and your going to loose the visibility.

Old 10-01-2008, 10:17 PM
Most cars over 25k have HIDs anyway. I can't see cops buggin people over these. But I've heard some SoCal horror stories (not about HIDs but about mods in general)

Old 10-02-2008, 12:11 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TurboManGT
Most cars over 25k have HIDs anyway. I can't see cops buggin people over these. But I've heard some SoCal horror stories (not about HIDs but about mods in general)
ya i dont think u would get bothered unless your car was completely modded to hell, then thats bec your car drew attention to the cop, but i wouldnt even trip about hids, i see em everywhere!

Old 10-02-2008, 12:43 AM
ballasts?

I am COMPLETELY ignorant about HIDs so please be patient. Where do you put the ballasts and is any special (heavier gauge) wiring required?

Old 10-02-2008, 12:48 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by feddup
I am COMPLETELY ignorant about HIDs so please be patient. Where do you put the ballasts and is any special (heavier gauge) wiring required?

i mounted my ballest behind the headlight, i took the whole bumper and headlamps out, you can mount the ballest anywhere they will fit, i just wanted mine behind there bec i didnt want it to look like i had hids, no heavier wires are required http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda...mZ150267854977

this is where i got mine, they have a whole bunch of info on hid lights and what you need and dont need, this kit is a direct plug and play, so all you do is plug the connecter ino the stock wireing harness and mount the ballest and you done. easy as that!

Old 10-02-2008, 01:08 AM
bumper

Originally Posted by xonexlifex
I took the whole bumper and headlamps out.
You have to remove the bumper? The fit's paint is SOOOOO fragile that that almost answers any further questions. Some of Honda's S%$t is DELICATE! (paint). Thanks for the information!!

Old 10-02-2008, 02:08 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by feddup
You have to remove the bumper? The fit's paint is SOOOOO fragile that that almost answers any further questions. Some of Honda's S%$t is DELICATE! (paint). Thanks for the information!!
ya i did, but you can do it without removing the bumper, all you do is go through the wheel well, i didnt feel like taking the wheel off so i just took off the bumper, dude HIDS are a piece of cake, i wouldnt drive my fit without em, they should come standard on every honda!

Old 10-02-2008, 02:34 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by xonexlifex
ya i did, but you can do it without removing the bumper, all you do is go through the wheel well, i didnt feel like taking the wheel off so i just took off the bumper, dude HIDS are a piece of cake, i wouldnt drive my fit without em, they should come standard on every honda!

lol i agree for every honda there should be HID and you are able to choose what brightness you want.

do HID burn your harness later in the long run?

and where did you mount your ballast? i'm just wondering.

Last edited by RandomKoko; 10-02-2008 at 04:35 PM.
Old 10-04-2008, 03:00 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by RandomKoko
lol i agree for every honda there should be HID and you are able to choose what brightness you want.

do HID burn your harness later in the long run?

and where did you mount your ballast? i'm just wondering.
nope the hid dont burn ur harness later in the long run, i try to turn my hids on everytime i turn the car on, and ive never had a problem, i mounted the ballests right behind the headlamp on the engine bay frame