Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

Brighter bulb without HID?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 01:09 AM
Touched by his noodly appendage
Brighter bulb without HID?

Hey guys, im getting the nokya H11 fog light bulbs and was worried that they might drown out the stock head light bulbs. Is there any bulbs that I can just drop in that would give me a brighter pure white color without having to go through the trouble of HID's? Thanks

Old 11-03-2008, 09:01 AM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
just grab teh 4300k Piaa bulbs

Old 11-03-2008, 11:03 PM
5 Year Member
silver star ultras

Old 11-04-2008, 01:29 AM
5 Year Member
i heard of Silverstars dying ALOT, not firsthand experience though.

I'd recommend PIAA if you wanna go baller but there are other okay ones.

eBay Motors: Nokya Magnum Cosmic White H4 Headlamp light bulb (item 170273786953 end time Nov-22-08 11:09:50 PST)

these look trusting, good brand too!

I have CATZ bulbs on my car if you can find some, i picked them up at the APEXi garage sale and they arent much whiter but definately brighter!! i wanted a subtle purple tone but i guess its a lil TOO subtle. go for the lighter tints if you can cause too much color will make reflectors bright but the actual road will be harder to see

Old 11-06-2008, 06:03 PM
5 Year Member
I too want to have brighter lights but I do not want the hassle of installing HID's.

I was looking at the Silver Star Ultras and PIAA's, but I was just wondering if these super powered lights will reach a temperature to burn any of the components in the fits light area. Because I saw that they use a lot more watts so I was just wanting to make sure...

Last edited by DarkFit; 11-06-2008 at 06:07 PM.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:21 PM
5 Year Member
Phillips Xtreme H4... Same wattage as stock, but a lot brighter...

Old 11-06-2008, 06:22 PM
5 Year Member
PIAA Super Plasma GT-X.

Old 11-06-2008, 06:31 PM
id save up for hid's. install is not hard at all. and the outcome is just 1000x's better than any halogen bulb

Old 11-07-2008, 02:33 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 94_accord
id save up for hid's. install is not hard at all. and the outcome is just 1000x's better than any halogen bulb
yep, i mean to me hids are about the same price as a really expensive halogen bulb but no where near as bright as hids, i got my hid kit from ebay for 58.88 shipped and they work perfect, plug and play set up and just as easy to put in as a regular bulb, you should really consider just going with an hid kit, i went through my share of halogen brighter bulbs and wasted so much money and time when the answer was right there, HIDS!

Old 11-14-2008, 01:30 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
nokya arctic white or nokya arctic purple. They have good output, color, clarity, and are under 20 bux shipped. Have used them on many cars in the past

Old 11-14-2008, 04:41 PM
Originally Posted by xonexlifex
yep, i mean to me hids are about the same price as a really expensive halogen bulb but no where near as bright as hids, i got my hid kit from ebay for 58.88 shipped and they work perfect, plug and play set up and just as easy to put in as a regular bulb, you should really consider just going with an hid kit, i went through my share of halogen brighter bulbs and wasted so much money and time when the answer was right there, HIDS!

ebay?! haha guess you got lucky.. try out ddmtuning.com they have super cheap hid sets, and are very good.. they even have the 55 watt ballasts

Old 11-14-2008, 06:18 PM
HID Addict
Originally Posted by Shaggs2Dope
nokya arctic white or nokya arctic purple. They have good output, color, clarity, and are under 20 bux shipped. Have used them on many cars in the past
yep, i use the nokya arctic white (7000k, i think what your looking for is 6000k, mines a lil blue) theres no "kit", its as simple as replacing the bulb. DBt its bright and gives off 10 more watts. dont get confused tho. the draw (watt need to be used) is still the same, but, from lookin at it, it looks like it gives off 10 more watts (output). i read this before i bought it. here is the site i bought it from Search Results : Car Lighting Xenon Halogen headlight upgrade bulbs HID make sure its either h11 tho and not all the other ones. hope u like it :] (i personally recomend them, havent burnt out and i ALWAYS have it on)

Old 11-15-2008, 04:14 PM
i love my hid's...

another thing with HID's is the way lights up the lines on the road...no matter how good of a halogen bulb you have they just dont light up even the lines like a HID bulb does.

Name:  HID001.jpg
Views: 626
Size:  152.4 KB

Old 11-15-2008, 06:32 PM
HID Addict
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 94_accord
i love my hid's...

another thing with HID's is the way lights up the lines on the road...no matter how good of a halogen bulb you have they just dont light up even the lines like a HID bulb does.
yep, i know exactly what your talkin about. i was so surprised and glad i bought when i saw the lines reflect BIG TIME. and no its not one of those reflect-powder lines, its ordinary and damn HIDs light em up like a bitch lol i want to take a comparison pics of that. idk if you guys are the same, but have you noticed that the signs are more reflected and white/blue? it does for me, and wow, sometimes on the highway, when im the first car of the highway, i think its because my lights lead the way pretty damn good

Old 12-27-2008, 01:36 PM
5 Year Member
I had a set of HID's in my Fit and just didn't care for the way they were reflecting light. Maybe I did something wrong. I just felt like I was blinding everyone. Output was amazing though.

Old 12-28-2008, 09:24 AM
cant you adjust the beam on the fit's? i really havent tried with my girls fit yet,

but i doubt your blinding anyone, you can always adjust the beam so its slightly down

ive had my HID's for a year and no one has ever flashed me

Old 12-29-2008, 02:04 PM
5 Year Member
Just got my hids installed and after 1 small issue (1 bad ballast which was replaced) all is good. Glad I went with the hid's. Installation was easy and the output is great. total cost for my bi-xenon 6000k's was $124. Got them at VVME.

Old 12-29-2008, 02:12 PM
HID Addict
yup, here you go, its where i got the info to riase mines ^.^

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...-its-must.html

Old 01-28-2009, 05:15 AM
5 Year Member
Brighter bulbs without resorting to HIDs?

I'm not sure if the whole OSRAM headlight bulb lineup is sold in the US (I know the Silverstars are, under the Sylvania brand), but OSRAM does make the Nightbreaker bulbs. These are quite bright at night, but the extra brightness comes at the expense of bad-weather visibility. Can't have them both I'm afraid.

I opted for visibility regardless of conditions, so I run their All-Season Bilux H4s instead. These have pale yellow light with a slight purple tint to the center of the bulb.

Old 01-28-2009, 04:59 PM
HID Addict
Originally Posted by Type 100
Brighter bulbs without resorting to HIDs?

I'm not sure if the whole OSRAM headlight bulb lineup is sold in the US (I know the Silverstars are, under the Sylvania brand), but OSRAM does make the Nightbreaker bulbs. These are quite bright at night, but the extra brightness comes at the expense of bad-weather visibility. Can't have them both I'm afraid.

I opted for visibility regardless of conditions, so I run their All-Season Bilux H4s instead. These have pale yellow light with a slight purple tint to the center of the bulb.
BLEH, id be embarassed driving around in that lol but then again, it would be turning heads, b\c of the curiosity lol

Quick Reply: Brighter bulb without HID?