Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

Faulty Wiring in tail light ???

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 09:38 PM
Faulty Wiring in tail light ???

i ordered my tail lights about 6 months ago and the bottom line is that i think there may be faulty wiring
so they are the smoke LED tail lights

these have top and bottom, like the stock tail light on a 2007 FIT that light up red, which are connected by a green wiring board and are combined so that you only plug in one socket, instead of two. just like the stock ones, one socket for the top, one socket for the bottom.

so....what happened since day 1 and since i first installed them, on the drivers side, When the lights are OFF and you press the brake pedal, only the top lights up on the drivers side, and both sections(top+bottom) light up on the passengers side

but then when you turn ON the lights (switch near the steering wheel), both sections (top+bottom) on both sides of the car light up fine, and then when you press the brake pedal, only the TOP sections light up on both sides, and the bottom sections stay lit a lighter red. which is normal.

its just that the bottom on one side does not light up when the lights are switched off, so i have to drive around with the lights on 24/7 because it looks stupid if all the lights dont work, and i dont want to get pulled over for having a "burnt out bulb" which i dont.

the enclosure is glued shut, and there is no way to see inside if maybe one of the welds came loose or broke. and i talked to the website guy i bought the lights from and he said that they are not responsible, which is BS because that bottom section hasnt worked since i first got them,

any help at all would be greatly appreciated.
i was thinking about finding a place around here in CT where they do custom work and maybe have them check out the tail light for me

Old 11-09-2008, 12:20 AM
5 Year Member
Sounds like a defective light. I'd file a credit card dispute right away for sure.

Old 11-09-2008, 11:07 AM
i think it might be too late for that now...bcs its been like 5 or so months, AND i tried contacting the seller a boat load of times and no luck.