Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

dictionary definition of "independent", independent fog lights

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 10:32 PM
Banned
Location: Negative Repland (exiled by fragile ego's and "can't handle the truth" babies) LMFAO ;P
dictionary definition of "independent", independent fog lights

this is for the true definition of what it means to have an "independent" fog light system
fog lights turn on AND STAY ON when u turn the switch on and turn off ONLY when u switch them off

i.e. fog lights stay on - when there is no other lights on
- when the low beams r on
- when the parking lights r on
- when the HIGH BEAMS r on
- when ALL the lights r on
- even WITH NO KEYS, just like how all the other lights r supposed to (and do) work (don't worry the "u forgot to turn off the light u idiot" alarm will chime if u forgot to do the aforementioned)

ALL of the above conditions MUST BE MET to be truly "independent" in the operation of the the fog lights

please note-
although the operation of the fog lights r not dependent on any exterior factors, turning on any lights will tell the dash lights to operate under "night mode" i.e. if u have the instrument lights set at a lower illumination for night operation, then when u turn on any lights the dash will dim
n.b. nothing will change if u have night illumination set to max

if u want the most INDEPENDENT FOG LIGHTS with NO EXCEPTIONS.......

1. cut the red/white wire coming from the fog light relay under the dash and ground the wire coming from the relay
2. cut the red/yellow wire coming from the 16-pin connector underneath the steering column cover and attach the wire coming from the connector to fuse slot #30 (unused, and live with no key in ignition)

fog lights will NOT TURN OFF with activation of HIGH BEAMS
fog lights will NOT TURN OFF with removal of the keys (don't worry ALARM WILL CHIME just as if u left on the lows, or highs)

for pics follow AtticusFit's amazing write-up EXCEPT use empty fuse slot #30 (near the top right)
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...dent-fogs.html

Last edited by SFactor2; 01-18-2009 at 10:40 PM.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:44 PM
Banned
Location: Negative Repland (exiled by fragile ego's and "can't handle the truth" babies) LMFAO ;P
Post dictionary definition of "independent", independent fog lights

this is for the true definition of what it means to have an "independent" fog light system
fog lights turn on AND STAY ON when u turn the switch on and turn off ONLY when u switch them off

i.e. fog lights stay on
- when there is no other lights on
- when the low beams r on
- when the parking lights r on
- when the HIGH BEAMS r on
- when ALL the lights r on
- when any combination of lights r on
- even WITH NO KEYS, just like all the other lights

ALL of the above conditions MUST BE MET to be truly "independent" in the operation of the the fog lights

please note -
although the operation of the fog lights r not dependent on any exterior factors, turning on any lights will tell the dash lights to operate under "night mode"
i.e. if u have the instrument lights set at a lower illumination for night operation, when u turn on any lights the dash will dim
n.b. dash illumination will NOT CHANGE if u have night illumination set to max

if u want the most INDEPENDENT FOG LIGHTS with NO EXCEPTIONS.......

1. cut the red/white wire coming from the fog light relay under the dash and ground the wire coming from the relay
2. cut the red/yellow wire coming from the 16-pin connector underneath the steering column cover and attach the wire coming from the connector to fuse slot #30 (unused, and live with no key in ignition)

fog lights will NOT TURN OFF with activation of HIGH BEAMS
fog lights will NOT TURN OFF with removal of the keys (don't worry ALARM WILL CHIME just as if u left on the lows, or highs)

for pics follow AtticusFit's amazing write-up EXCEPT use empty fuse slot #30 (near the top right)
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...dent-fogs.html

Last edited by SFactor2; 01-18-2009 at 10:47 PM.
Old 01-24-2009, 01:42 PM
Banned
best mod for total control

Old 01-24-2009, 07:48 PM
5 Year Member
if you only do the first step and ground the fog light relay under the dash, will the fogs operate as stock except not turn off when the high beams are triggered?

i like the fog lights to turn on and off with the headlights but would like the extra visibility of the fogs when my brights are on. anyone know the answer? i asked on the original thread but it's closed so no responses.