Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

yellow foglights

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 12:52 AM
yellow foglights

so ive been looking for these damn foglights for quite some time. i want to get just the bulbs, just have them yellow. i figure it would be a inexpensive and nice little upgrade to the car. but it seems the only thing that i can find is h11 bulbs rated at 80w, or the ebay bulbs 55w going for like 3 bucks that claim to be a hid that you can simply plug in...yeah ok. id rather spend more money and get something that works well, and isnt going to destroy my car. anyone know where i can find these bad boys? i really dont want to go with the 80w ones, id rather keep it the stock wattage to ensure i wont have electrical problems. and plus i need all the power i can get because i got subs that ill be putting in next week.

Old 05-04-2009, 01:04 AM
i think i finally found what im lookin for.

eBay Motors: Halo Solaris Yellow Halogen Bulbs H11 12v 55w Twin Pack (item 200331108713 end time May-13-09 01:03:39 PDT)

looks good to me. how bout u guys?

Old 05-04-2009, 01:06 AM
Just use your stock bulbs and get some yellow fog light film--makes easier replacement when the bulb goes out anyway.

Old 05-04-2009, 01:11 AM
Originally Posted by TekXoID
Just use your stock bulbs and get some yellow fog light film--makes easier replacement when the bulb goes out anyway.
if im gonna go with that approach i might as well do it right and get the housing or lense or we... id rather get the bulbs i like the clear lense when the lights arnt on.

Old 05-04-2009, 03:28 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MetalHead88
if im gonna go with that approach i might as well do it right and get the housing or lense or we... id rather get the bulbs i like the clear lense when the lights arnt on.
Just get some yellow foglight film from me and call it a day. One, it's cheaper then having to replace the entire housing if u get a crack in it (and trust me, LOTS of people out there are running with cracked housings), and two, ur gonna b using the oem sylvania bulbs that will last u a long time (mine are running 3+ years strong!) and u dont have to worry about aftermarket bulbs burning out or melting ur housings (i've seen it on a fit too!).

That's just my opinion and i think it's the best way to go. U get protection, oem bulb life, all for $10, compared to a set of bulbs running u $20+ and plus u can't guarentee ur housings r gonna b safe.

If u do decide to get the yellow bulbs, i also have clear film for the oem look but u still get the protection. But i have seen fits with aftermarket bulbs using the film that get burn spots in the middle because the aftermarket bulbs burn too hot.

Last edited by koolkevin1107; 05-04-2009 at 03:40 AM.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:21 AM
Originally Posted by koolkevin1107
Just get some yellow foglight film from me and call it a day. One, it's cheaper then having to replace the entire housing if u get a crack in it (and trust me, LOTS of people out there are running with cracked housings), and two, ur gonna b using the oem sylvania bulbs that will last u a long time (mine are running 3+ years strong!) and u dont have to worry about aftermarket bulbs burning out or melting ur housings (i've seen it on a fit too!).

That's just my opinion and i think it's the best way to go. U get protection, oem bulb life, all for $10, compared to a set of bulbs running u $20+ and plus u can't guarentee ur housings r gonna b safe.

If u do decide to get the yellow bulbs, i also have clear film for the oem look but u still get the protection. But i have seen fits with aftermarket bulbs using the film that get burn spots in the middle because the aftermarket bulbs burn too hot.

thats exactly what i was worried about. i looked into the film. and im gonna give it a shot. someone posted up directions on this site. and they came out very good. and im gonna give it a shot. if i mess it up, oh well it didnt coast me much.

Old 05-04-2009, 08:28 AM
I went with the bulbs from eBay. Not the same vendor as posted above. The bulbs were a little cheaper 19.99 I believe with free shipping and they came with a warranty. I've had them on the car since december of 2008.

I looked into the film and I know all the benefits of it (protection, etc.) but I preferred a stock look when the fog lights were off (much like the lexus's have). With the film your lights are yellow all the time, whether they're on or off. This looks a little over exaggerated or looks like your trying to hard to mimic the look of other vehicles in my opinion. It all comes down to personal preference, obviously, and for me it was stock when off and yellow glow when on.

Old 05-04-2009, 09:03 AM
Originally Posted by 09blackfit
I went with the bulbs from eBay. Not the same vendor as posted above. The bulbs were a little cheaper 19.99 I believe with free shipping and they came with a warranty. I've had them on the car since december of 2008.

I looked into the film and I know all the benefits of it (protection, etc.) but I preferred a stock look when the fog lights were off (much like the lexus's have). With the film your lights are yellow all the time, whether they're on or off. This looks a little over exaggerated or looks like your trying to hard to mimic the look of other vehicles in my opinion. It all comes down to personal preference, obviously, and for me it was stock when off and yellow glow when on.
i wanted that stock look as well, but after seeing pics on how the film came out, i figured id go for it. it'll also protect them from rocks and stuff witch these cars love to hit. ive heard alot about people cracking their foglights as well.

a 4x8 inch uncut sheet should be ok for each foglight right?

Last edited by MetalHead88; 05-04-2009 at 09:06 AM.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:32 AM
There are several people on here that have precut pieces for easy install. I would check the for sale sections before I purchase sheets. Will save you some time.

Old 05-04-2009, 10:49 AM
There are several people on here that have precut pieces for easy install. I would check the for sale sections before I purchase sheets. Will save you some time.
yeah, i looked into it already. the precut sheets are all around 60 bucks. apposed to the 12 dollar or so uncut sheets that were recommended to me.

Old 05-04-2009, 11:46 AM
5 Year Member
yeah, i looked into it already. the precut sheets are all around 60 bucks. apposed to the 12 dollar or so uncut sheets that were recommended to me.
here is the thread from KoolKevin were I bought mine from him for only $10 pre-cut. I can vouch for him that he sell what he says and stands by it.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/sale...-keyrings.html

Old 05-04-2009, 01:14 PM
5 Year Member
thats exactly what i was worried about. i looked into the film. and im gonna give it a shot. someone posted up directions on this site. and they came out very good. and im gonna give it a shot. if i mess it up, oh well it didnt coast me much.
Yeah the directions for the film are mine i did back in 2006 lol. Here is the link:

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...s-answers.html

Yeah. If u want, i have the clear film in stock for purchase for extra protection.

Actually, i'm the only one that is selling a foglight proteciton film. There is azncarbos selling a golden yellow film, however it isn't a protection film because it's merely too thin, like a pice of paper. Mine is .30mm thick which is THICK, but not noticeable installed.

NO WAY MAN! Precut is $10 from me shipped!

Originally Posted by comptrekkie
here is the thread from KoolKevin were I bought mine from him for only $10 pre-cut. I can vouch for him that he sell what he says and stands by it.

Yup! Many satisfied customers!

Old 05-04-2009, 01:15 PM
5 Year Member
swap out the bulbs. film sucks

Old 05-04-2009, 01:53 PM
Originally Posted by solbrothers
swap out the bulbs. film sucks
X2, the film has a tendency to burn over time. It'll slowly turn brown close to the bulb. It doesn't produce as yellow of a light as the bulb will either.

Old 05-04-2009, 01:56 PM
5 Year Member
plus putting film lowers teh output of light.

Old 05-13-2009, 09:52 PM
i got the film and put them on today. im very happy with how the car looks with them on and how they shine on the ground. but if you look at the lights at night, it doesnt look very yellow at all. so im gonna pick up some yellow bulbs as well.

i bought 2 sheets for 10 bucks. i got enough room to cut out 3, so when they burn, ill be ready. plus i made a template that i have kept

Old 05-13-2009, 10:00 PM
nokya 80w. Lasted me 4 months but I had them on during the day a lot for the hell of it. On my 2nd set now. Screw film. 10k miles and no cracked housing yet...

Old 05-13-2009, 10:17 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
My PIAA's are still going strong; totally worth the extra couple of bucks over the Ebay or Nokya brands.

Old 05-14-2009, 03:43 AM
jus get hids yellow

Old 05-14-2009, 11:44 AM
bulbs easier and cheaper. ill get around to hids, i gotta finish up my system still

Quick Reply: yellow foglights