Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

DIY: Change Parking Lights

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 04:25 AM
5 Year Member
Post DIY: Change Parking Lights

OK, I've been looking everywhere for how to change the parking lights for the 2007 Jazz and couldn't find anything specifically for them, so I had a go at it today and decided to write one (I don't know that much about cars but if this can help anyone then I'm happy ).

The first few steps are the same for changing the headlights. I found the easiest way was to steer all the way to the left (or right) for full lock, then remove the 2 front clips from the fender lining to allow it to be pulled back and "bent" to create the most space for my arm to fit through.

The part we are looking for is the cable/plug near the top of the image. To remove the cable, it needs to be squeezed on both sized to release the clip and then pulled away from the plug.

Once the cable has been disconnected, remove the plug by twisting slightly clockwise and then pulling away. This is what it looks like without the cable attached:

And here is the cable that was disconnected:

It looks as though there is only one way to reconnect it to the plug, so I wasn't worried about putting it back the wrong way .

Below is the stock parking light with the plug that was pulled out:

I bought a pair of xenon blue kinda coloured parking lights from the local market here in Thailand (they're from Japan).

And here is the plug with the new parking light attached:

Then all there is to do is reinstall everything the way it came out (insert the plug and light back into the headlight compartment, twist anti-clockwise to lock into place, plug the cable back into the plug, "bend" fender lining back into place, insert the plastic clips back into place and you're done!!)

Old 10-10-2009, 12:45 PM
5 Year Member
i spy hks filter

any pics of the new bulbs lit up?

Old 10-10-2009, 02:01 PM
CTR
I have these in my civic and they are awesome, much whiter and brighter than standard.

Old 10-11-2009, 11:22 PM
5 Year Member
Yep, HKS filter .

I agree, I found these lights were much brighter than the stocker amber-coloured ones. They're a pure white colour, which go really well with the white headlights .

Here's a pic of my installation, the quality isn't good though, it's a little over exposed but it's the best I have:

Last edited by supafly50; 10-13-2009 at 04:00 AM. Reason: Picture had headlights on
Old 04-05-2014, 03:14 PM
I know this it's an old post, but thought I would give my 2 cents. It is easier to change out the parking from inside the engine bay under the hood. On the passenger side, you can just reach in.
On the drivers side, there is a plastic panel that is held with 3 plastic rivets that comes out easily, then you can access that side as well.

Old 02-26-2015, 12:49 AM
Originally Posted by MonkeyMD
I know this it's an old post, but thought I would give my 2 cents. It is easier to change out the parking from inside the engine bay under the hood. On the passenger side, you can just reach in.
On the drivers side, there is a plastic panel that is held with 3 plastic rivets that comes out easily, then you can access that side as well.
I hope this is true. I'm having a difficult time replacing the parking lights on my 07 Honda Fit. I've gotten as far as removing the cable but can't remove the part I'm suppose to "twist off". ( Is there a trick to this part?

Old 11-02-2015, 10:11 PM
Originally Posted by viiennuhh
I hope this is true. I'm having a difficult time replacing the parking lights on my 07 Honda Fit. I've gotten as far as removing the cable but can't remove the part I'm suppose to "twist off". ( Is there a trick to this part?
I just bought a 2007 Honda Fit from a Car Lot cash. Didn't even check the damn lights. Both the front parking lights on the bottom are not working. And the passenger side top rear light is out. Crazy huh

Looks like I'll be replacing 4 new bulbs.

Any tricks to the lower bulbs up front? Or the rear bulbs?