Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

Question: Wiring my 09 Fit's interior LED lights a certain way

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 07:54 PM
Question Question: Wiring my 09 Fit's interior LED lights a certain way

Hello everyone!

This is my first post, I just bought an 09 Fit and I'm very excited to light up the insides!

I learned a lot from the many threads about wiring interior lighting, but I'm still very new to this and I hope I can get some more tips so I don't do this wrong!

I want to set up some lighting in the foot-well area with a switch connected to it. What I would really like it to do is to have it connected to both the dome lights and the head lights. So no matter if the switch I have is ON or OFF, opening the door will always turn the LEDs on, but if the switch is ON, then the LEDs will stay on if my head lights are on.

I know it shouldn't be too hard to set up either of them (just a matter of finding the right place to connect the wires) but is it possible to link them together?

Any feedback and tips would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks!

$2

Old 10-28-2009, 02:38 PM
5 Year Member
That sounds a little bit like what I did (see link in my signature). Except, to tie it to the headlights you'll need to run the ground side of your switch to the red wire on the combination switch (pin 10 on the combo-switch connector or pin 5 on the 'M' connector on the back of the fuse panel).