Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

HID Light Problem ;-(

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 09:34 PM
Question HID Light Problem ;-(

Hi;

I just had an HID kit installed on my Fit 2008 and the right bulb fails once in a while. At first they installed it with ballast but without a relay so when I started the car I didn't have any light at all until I started the light. But when I opened the light I had an on and off problem with the right bulb sometimes failing. They told me that by installing a relay it should fix my problem. They did install the relay but still the same on and off problem. They set it up so that when I start the car I am on the high beam and when I turn the light on, they fall back to lo beam. After they work normally but still with the rigt beam sometimes not working.

Any help greatly appreciated since I am sending back the car to the garage in 2 days and the mechanic is out of idea I guess.

thanks

Jules

Old 11-04-2009, 12:15 PM
Touched by his noodly appendage
Sell it and go back to stock, or get REAL HID system. This shows the quality of these plug and play kits.

Old 11-04-2009, 01:39 PM
5 Year Member
I don't know what type of HID conversion kit you got? I bought mine from eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390032291858&viewitem= &sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

If you follow the link you will see a diagram. You have to have a relay. Otherwise, it might void your car warranty if you had electrical issue.

The relay will get a signal from one of headlights socket. The power feeds directly from a battery. Hi and lo are controlled by Bi-Xenon Controller.

I don't have any problem with my HID yet. It has been 3 months on the FIT. However, I have HID on my 2007 Civic Si for almost 3 years now with no problem.

Please let me know if you need further assistant.

Old 11-04-2009, 09:22 PM
Originally Posted by FITMugen
I don't know what type of HID conversion kit you got? I bought mine from eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390032291858&viewitem= &sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

If you follow the link you will see a diagram. You have to have a relay. Otherwise, it might void your car warranty if you had electrical issue.

The relay will get a signal from one of headlights socket. The power feeds directly from a battery. Hi and lo are controlled by Bi-Xenon Controller.

I don't have any problem with my HID yet. It has been 3 months on the FIT. However, I have HID on my 2007 Civic Si for almost 3 years now with no problem.

Please let me know if you need further assistant.
Thanks for your help.

Jules