Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

HID Upgrade Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 06:27 PM
HID Upgrade Question

Hey i want to install HID in my Fit 09, but i came up with this two:

HIDExtra.com - The Best Source for HID Xenon Light Conversion Kits H4 Hi/Lo-10000K Automobile Xenon HID Conversion Kit

HIDExtra.com - The Best Source for HID Xenon Light Conversion Kits H4 Bi-Xenon-10000K Automobile Xenon HID Conversion Kit

I got the site from this post:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...sion-pics.html

But I want to know what's the difference between Hi/Low and BiXenon? :S

Im thinking that in the post, chrisng was using the Hi/Low HID kit, cause he stated that it was only $60 (although the site now has them for $75...)

Old 11-17-2009, 08:27 PM
5 Year Member
i think the hi/lo kit uses a halogen bulb for the high beams.

Old 11-17-2009, 08:53 PM
5 Year Member
Bi-Xenon has both high and low beams as HID. However, hi/lo Xenon has high beam as halogen and low beam as HID.

Old 11-17-2009, 11:28 PM
Is there a difference in the installation of these two? is there a guide some where?

Im planning of getting the Bi-Xenon... Are there any suggestion of why I should get the hi/low instead of the Bi-Xenon?

Old 11-18-2009, 12:06 AM
I believe, but i could be wrong, with the hi/lows youre able to retain your daytime running lights as they are. However, with the bi-xenons the HIDs would be on all the time and you'll likely get a DRL circuit problem light on your dash.

Old 11-18-2009, 12:38 AM
Originally Posted by Dee K
I believe, but i could be wrong, with the hi/lows youre able to retain your daytime running lights as they are. However, with the bi-xenons the HIDs would be on all the time and you'll likely get a DRL circuit problem light on your dash.
That was another question that I had.. what will happened to the DRL if I change to Bi-Xenon. Can anyone else confirm this?

Old 11-18-2009, 01:32 AM
Formerly "bitoy"
5 Year Member
^A DRL light on the dash will come on but there's a fix to this just remove the #15 fuse in the fuse box problem fix. refer to your manual on where the fuse/fuse box is located.

Old 11-18-2009, 01:46 AM
i wouldn't call that a FIX... in normal operation, why does the DRL light comes up in the dash?

Old 11-18-2009, 02:46 AM
It comes on because of the way these Bi xenon PnP HID kits are designed. You are only drawing power from one of factory headlight connectors. The other one's not in use and isnt plugged into anything so the car thinks there's a circuit problem.

Old 11-24-2009, 02:11 PM
I just noticed that HIDextra was banned? Is there a problem with them and are the kits any good? Sorry to thread jack but this may help you also? Anyone with good/bad experiences?

Old 11-25-2009, 04:12 PM
as well if you go with the hi/lo (with the halogen high) there is no extra wiring required, all plug and play

Old 11-25-2009, 06:33 PM
Touched by his noodly appendage
Originally Posted by m-man@sbcglobal.net
as well if you go with the hi/lo (with the halogen high) there is no extra wiring required, all plug and play
I like your sig

Old 11-25-2009, 09:24 PM
Originally Posted by m-man@sbcglobal.net
thanks for this!! really useful in considering HID

Old 11-26-2009, 04:27 AM
5 Year Member
LED as DRL

Originally Posted by epijimenez
i wouldn't call that a FIX... in normal operation, why does the DRL light comes up in the dash?
I ran into the same problem but I wanted LED as DRL. So I pluged LED as DRL to low beam on both sides. The problem fixed.

Old 11-26-2009, 02:45 PM
5 Year Member
i think they were banned because there is a premium to be a vendor and their membership expired

Old 01-23-2010, 12:34 AM
if you pull out the DRL fuse, will the "DRL" light stay on (if there is one.. friend has a GE and wants HIDS)

Old 01-23-2010, 07:40 AM
5 Year Member
Bi-Xenon HID

Originally Posted by HONDAMATIC
if you pull out the DRL fuse, will the "DRL" light stay on (if there is one.. friend has a GE and wants HIDS)
No, if you pull the DRL fuse out, DRL is no longer operational. However, I have Bi-Xenon on my car and I resolve DRL issue with LED. Since Bi-xenon kit gets power directly from the battery and its controller connects to one side of headlight connector. So DRL does not complete circuit. I installed LED and DRL on the dashboard went away. I assume it completed DRL circuit.

Old 03-14-2010, 10:36 AM
Originally Posted by FITMugen
I ran into the same problem but I wanted LED as DRL. So I pluged LED as DRL to low beam on both sides. The problem fixed.

I am thinking about installing HID in my 09, what do you mean you plugged LED as DRL and it went off?

Old 03-14-2010, 02:20 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by bjanisieski
I am thinking about installing HID in my 09, what do you mean you plugged LED as DRL and it went off?
In stock DRL/headlight configuration, when you turn on the ignition switch, DRL is always on. If one of high beam bulbs burn out, DRL on the dash will turn on.
In Bi-Xenon HID configuration (what I have). The HID ballasts get power directly from the battery. However, the Bi-Xenon controller connects only to one side of headlight harness. When you turn on the ignition switch, it triggers the controller to engage the relay. So HID will complete it circuit. However, since HID harness connects to only side of the headlight harness, DRL on the dash will turn on. If you turn on the headlight switch, you won’t see the DRL on the dash.
To complete the DRL circuit while headlight switch is off but ignition switch is on, is to install LED as DRL to both side of the headlight harness. DRL on the dash will be off as normal.
I hope I answer your question.

Old 03-14-2010, 03:38 PM
Originally Posted by FITMugen
In stock DRL/headlight configuration, when you turn on the ignition switch, DRL is always on. If one of high beam bulbs burn out, DRL on the dash will turn on.
In Bi-Xenon HID configuration (what I have). The HID ballasts get power directly from the battery. However, the Bi-Xenon controller connects only to one side of headlight harness. When you turn on the ignition switch, it triggers the controller to engage the relay. So HID will complete it circuit. However, since HID harness connects to only side of the headlight harness, DRL on the dash will turn on. If you turn on the headlight switch, you won’t see the DRL on the dash.
To complete the DRL circuit while headlight switch is off but ignition switch is on, is to install LED as DRL to both side of the headlight harness. DRL on the dash will be off as normal.
I hope I answer your question.
So you installed a LED bulb into the harness?

Quick Reply: HID Upgrade Question