Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

HID Upgrade Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 03:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by bjanisieski
So you installed a LED bulb into the harness?
No, I did not install a LED bulb but I installed PIAA DENO6. PIAA DENO 6 is a daytime running lights from PIAA. It will always on when I turn on the ignition but it will be off when I turn on the headlights - low beams. However, the PIAA DENO 6 lights are on when I switch to high beam.

You can search for PIAA DENO on eBay or PIAA.com to see what it looks like.

Old 03-29-2010, 10:11 PM
Originally Posted by epijimenez
Hey i want to install HID in my Fit 09, but i came up with this two:

HIDExtra.com - The Best Source for HID Xenon Light Conversion Kits H4 Hi/Lo-10000K Automobile Xenon HID Conversion Kit

HIDExtra.com - The Best Source for HID Xenon Light Conversion Kits H4 Bi-Xenon-10000K Automobile Xenon HID Conversion Kit

I got the site from this post:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...sion-pics.html

But I want to know what's the difference between Hi/Low and BiXenon? :S

Im thinking that in the post, chrisng was using the Hi/Low HID kit, cause he stated that it was only $60 (although the site now has them for $75...)
Correct me if i am wrong, but don't GE's use a 9003 bulb? or do H4 bulbs work as well?

Old 04-03-2010, 08:29 PM
I'm ordering my HID kit this Monday and already pulled the fuse for the DRL's, I think its #17, so I don't expect any lights coming on the dash. I can't believe how cheap HIDS are now, amazing

Old 04-03-2010, 08:55 PM
Touched by his noodly appendage
They're cheap because people are finally starting to educate themselves on how poor quality these kits are, how much they reduce visibility, and scatter light into the eyes of oncoming drivers. Remember brighter isn't always better. Light waves coming out of a halogen filament act differently than that of a xenon arc light source. Reflector housing headlights are not meant to redirect xenon light. They are illegal, and cheap, for a reason.

Old 04-03-2010, 09:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by qbmurderer13
They're cheap because people are finally starting to educate themselves on how poor quality these kits are, how much they reduce visibility, and scatter light into the eyes of oncoming drivers. Remember brighter isn't always better. Light waves coming out of a halogen filament act differently than that of a xenon arc light source. Reflector housing headlights are not meant to redirect xenon light. They are illegal, and cheap, for a reason.
I hate being on a narrow 2 lane back road and having one of those bozos come over a hill or around a tree lined curve approaching me..... Even the legal ones are a pain but those guys can at least see where they are going.

Old 04-13-2010, 10:30 PM
Correct. What the OP doesn't realize (and what the linked website doesn't mention) is that ISN'T an "HID Kit," but simply the ballast and wire harness for an HID capsule. That "kit" leaves out the heart of the system, the projector. That's why it's so cheap, because they only give you 10% of what you really need (and as pointed out above, it's illegal). Most websites, including e-bay sellers, will have "for off road use only" in fine print somewhere.

And BTW, 10000K is WAY too high. You aren't getting any more useful light, only color. True white (and the most useful) is @ 4300K. Almost all factory HID systems are between 4300-4500K.

What the OP also needs to know is that HID is a strain on the stock wiring, which was designed for standard lighting. Igniting HID capsules pulls a TON of current, and can cook a factory wiring loom in about a year if not properly configured.

Old 04-14-2010, 10:10 PM
I have my HID kit ordered and didn't want to go over 6k because it looks like crap IMO, as well as many others for that matter. A while back my buddy and I both had Contours, mine had a set of custom quad projectors with HIDS rated at 4300k, while his were 6000k w/o projectors. Now I'll say this, in the morning drive out of Detroit to head down to the Dragon, while driving next to each other, mine looked like Halogens compared to his system. I know brighter isn't better as the blue color from the higher than 6000k system just gets absorbed into the ground when its foul weather out and also looks really bad.

Speaking of projectors, I hope someone comes out with a nice set of projectors for our cars that are mostly black inside, it will be a great day when that happens!

Old 04-14-2010, 11:31 PM
Your a bit confused. Projectors are just a reflective bowl that focuses the light, not a whole headlight. You can put projectors from other cars and put it into your stock headlight, and paint it black, like so:

Name:  myretro.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  182.9 KB

Its called retrofitting, and it is WAY better than buying those cheap china made headlights that come with generic projectors built in. These projectors do not focus light correctly and decrease visibility. Retrofit is cheaper and has OEM quality. The picture I posted are my headlights, with Infini FX35 bi-xenon projectors. Read more about retrofitting here:

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...rofitting.html

Here are the headlights on my car:

Name:  fitmeet021.jpg
Views: 316
Size:  154.4 KB

Old 04-15-2010, 12:32 PM
5 Year Member
To add a bit more, you can buy some high performance plug-n-play bixenon projectors for $135 that uses the hid kit bulbs. You get the performance of a true projector hid kit and the "cheap" replacement parts. If you are going with a pnp hid kit, might as well throw them into a pnp projector as well. Then your light will actually be usable and not dangerous to others.
Im not talking about the garbage g1 and g3 projectors either..

Old 04-15-2010, 01:00 PM
Old 04-15-2010, 01:11 PM
5 Year Member
The ones Im talking about (The Retrofit Source (U.S.) - HID Projector Retrofit Kits, Retrofit and HID Componenents, Projectors Lens, Wiring Harnesses, Shrouds and more!) perform as good (some say better) than the FXR and you dont need to cut anything in the reflector for the 1 I'm talking about. Here is the comparison pics:

Here is the FXR. The beams are wide due to me cutting the reflector uneven

Here is the H1 Mini. The beams are centered correctly because no cutting is needed

The only noticeable difference is the amount of color difference (fxr has better color and a tiny bit more width)

Last edited by ReeSpeed; 04-15-2010 at 01:13 PM.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:15 PM
Question

Your a bit confused. Projectors are just a reflective bowl that focuses the light, not a whole headlight. You can put projectors from other cars and put it into your stock headlight, and paint it black, like so:

Its called retrofitting, and it is WAY better than buying those cheap china made headlights that come with generic projectors built in. These projectors do not focus light correctly and decrease visibility. Retrofit is cheaper and has OEM quality. The picture I posted are my headlights, with Infini FX35 bi-xenon projectors. Read more about retrofitting here:

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...rofitting.html

Here are the headlights on my car:

First off I'd like to say your car looks awesome and it something our sports should have, atleast black headlight surrounds, no need for all the chrome, its not a CADDY! I like the black roof, the lower ride height on the stockers and yellow foglight overlays.

Now here's the question, are you going to be making these for other members?

Old 04-16-2010, 10:26 PM
You give me too much credit lol. I wish I had the abilities of performing such a clean retrofit. But I had these done. Just talk to Rich over at www.hidillusionz.com and tell him I sent ya. It will cost a pretty penny, but the fit, finish, and quality is all flawless. No condensation, no misalignment, no rattle, no flickering. Remember all the parts in my headlights are OEM. Check out his site and his work, he is a professional.