Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

hid install on 2011 fit

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 12:49 PM
hid install on 2011 fit

Can anyone shine some light on how exactly to install? It looks alot more confusing than what I'm used to...

Old 07-10-2011, 12:36 AM
Nvm figured it out

Old 07-10-2011, 04:58 PM
5 Year Member
It depends on what HID kit you get? There are 3 types (I think).
1. Single beam HID - low beam HID only. You lose hi beam.
2. Bi-Xenon HID - Hi/Low HID.
3. Low beam HID / Hi beam regular bulb.

The installation should be PnP.

Old 07-28-2011, 09:28 AM
5 Year Member
Do I have to convert the headlight to projectors? How do I accomplish #3 below.

Originally Posted by FITMugen
It depends on what HID kit you get? There are 3 types (I think).
1. Single beam HID - low beam HID only. You lose hi beam.
2. Bi-Xenon HID - Hi/Low HID.
3. Low beam HID / Hi beam regular bulb.

The installation should be PnP.

Old 07-28-2011, 11:40 AM
Originally Posted by PEE_ES3
you can't. unless you somehow retrofit a separate section of the housing. bi-xenon projectors are the best solution in my opinion. awesome output and it won't cause other drivers to want to crash into your car. and not price-prohibitive (~$300 for a whole kit w/ projectors, ballasts, bulbs and a proper harness).

Old 07-28-2011, 02:42 PM
5 Year Member
You can buy a PnP HID kit that is set up this way, it is what I have and I think they are great and it doesnt require you to rip your headlight apart in an oven to install projectors. Personally I'd rather buy aftermarket headlights if I wanted projectors.

Old 07-28-2011, 05:19 PM
5 Year Member
Can you recommend a good aftermarket replacement? Thanks again.

Old 07-28-2011, 06:20 PM
read here. and check out the many threads on morimoto mini projector retrofits here. plenty of us have done it so i hope that gives you confidence that it's not that hard to do. the end result is worth the little bit of extra money and well worth the time to do.

Old 07-29-2011, 09:17 AM
5 Year Member

I got mine from here, haven't had any issues at all Top Speed Performance

Old 07-29-2011, 10:13 PM
5 Year Member
Just got my HID's installed on my 2011 Fit Sport....I chose the 35watt 5000k kit from
hidkits.com which has a plug and play kit.

Now here is something for all the Fits with DRL, you will have to unplug the DRL fuse which is number 15 I believe and each of the HIGH/LOW on the headlight has a seperate fuse at 7.5Amps...the hid kit recommends that you replace the 7.5 one with a 20amp fuse in which I did for all four. Otherwise if you install the HID's with the DRL in place they will flicker when off since there is not enough power to use the HID's for low on DRL mode.

Just giving everyone a heads up on Fit's with DRL. I got my HID's installed at Power Honda in Costa Mesa and it looks great now....no more crappy oem lighting anymore.

Old 07-29-2011, 10:43 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ediddyfit
Just got my HID's installed on my 2011 Fit Sport....I chose the 35watt 5000k kit from
hidkits.com which has a plug and play kit.

Now here is something for all the Fits with DRL, you will have to unplug the DRL fuse which is number 15 I believe and each of the HIGH/LOW on the headlight has a seperate fuse at 7.5Amps...the hid kit recommends that you replace the 7.5 one with a 20amp fuse in which I did for all four. Otherwise if you install the HID's with the DRL in place they will flicker when off since there is not enough power to use the HID's for low on DRL mode.

Just giving everyone a heads up on Fit's with DRL. I got my HID's installed at Power Honda in Costa Mesa and it looks great now....no more crappy oem lighting anymore.
I just want to clarify something because this is not entirely true.

Yes, you do have to pull the DRL fuse if you buy an HID kit that uses just a Lo beam Xenon bulb with no high beam option OR if you are using a Bi-Xenon setup that uses a magnet to move the cutoff shield to produce a lo or high beam setting from one bulb.

HOWEVER...you do NOT need to pull the DRL fuse if you purchase and install an HID kit that is a Hi/Lo setup with a Xenon bulb for the lo-beam and a halogen filiment for the high beam. This high beam bulb is capable of drl usage because it is a standard halogen bulb.

This is the kind I have installed and I still have drl use which is just overall safer to have with the morons on the road. I highly recommend this type of HID kit/bulb setup.

Old 07-29-2011, 11:59 PM
5 Year Member
Ummmm I have the BiXenon set up.... so I don't know what you are talking about not having to pull it, but I did get this flickering issue resolved by pulling the fuse.

Anyone else that's doing this with the same set up I have feel free to chime in if you ran into the same issues I did.

But yeah.....As I stated I am very happy with the result.

Old 07-30-2011, 01:06 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ediddyfit
Ummmm I have the BiXenon set up.... so I don't know what you are talking about not having to pull it, but I did get this flickering issue resolved by pulling the fuse.

Anyone else that's doing this with the same set up I have feel free to chime in if you ran into the same issues I did.

But yeah.....As I stated I am very happy with the result.
I said you DO need to pull for bixenon or single xenon, you DONT for a halogen hi/xenon lo combo bulb

Old 07-30-2011, 01:51 AM
5 Year Member
Yes you are correct my bad for misreading....

Old 07-30-2011, 06:47 AM
5 Year Member
I have B-Xenon HID kit and I don't have flickering issue since my HID kit comes with relay/harness. It gets power directly from the battery. Relay just get the signal from OEM harness to trigger ON/OFF.

Old 08-10-2011, 04:54 PM
sorry for bringing this thread back, but do i need to install a relay harness for my hids? i got hids for headlights and fogs, also do i need to swap the fuses for any of the lights prior to turning them on, or am i safe to just install and go. i have a single beam for fogs and hi/lo for headlights.

Old 08-10-2011, 06:03 PM
5 Year Member
I don't think you need to replace fuse if you install relay for fog lights since the replay circuit get power directly from the battery. The OEM fog light harness just trigger the replay.

If you get a Bi-Xenon HID kit, it should come with a controller/harness. No, you don't need to upgrade fuse. The controller/relay get power directly from the battery. One side of OEM headlight just trigger it. However, DRL light on the dash will turn on. There are some fixes on this issue.

Old 08-10-2011, 08:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by feichai
sorry for bringing this thread back, but do i need to install a relay harness for my hids? i got hids for headlights and fogs, also do i need to swap the fuses for any of the lights prior to turning them on, or am i safe to just install and go. i have a single beam for fogs and hi/lo for headlights.
if its a halogen hi/xenon lo then you dont need a harness, or have to do anything with the fuses, the halo hi filament will operate at the appropriate voltage for drl's. You should be good to go, hook em up and enjoy!

Old 08-10-2011, 09:29 PM
sweet! i'm pretty much almost done with the installation. got a weird question though, is the halogen hi supposed to be facing inward of the car or outward?

Old 08-10-2011, 10:12 PM
5 Year Member
sorry to troll a bit but, i cant believe this pnp hid kit trend hasnt passed yet.

fwiw please when you get the chance or the funds, retrofit a set of projectors instead of blinding others on the road. thanks!

Quick Reply: hid install on 2011 fit