Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

OE GE8 Foglight Removal

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 04:41 PM
OE GE8 Foglight Removal

To anyone who has maybe installed the OE kit, or removed the housings for Lamin-x or HIDs, I ask the simple question; can these housings be removed from the back instead of right out through the front?

I only ask this because my car has the Mugen front lip, and special garnishes cover the fog light surround making it impossible to removed the housing frontward without effectively removed the whole lip. I need to replace the fog lamp housing since mine is cracked and it obviously isn't warranty. Any input would be appreciated. I've noticed on the backside (which is easy for me to gain access to) there are 3 screws attaching the housing to the trim.

Really would like to replace the housing without removing the lip kit since its screwed in place and attached with 3m tape.

Thanks everyone!

Old 03-09-2010, 07:28 PM
5 Year Member
Those 3 screws are the only things holding the foglight housing to the front plastic bezel. So if you've already opened up the bottom of the liner by removing the plastic clips, and pulled the liner away, then yes... just remove the three screws, and disconnect the harness.

Old 03-15-2010, 01:26 AM
btw just to add. i just put in some yellow bulbs for my gf's fogs in her ge. im kinda surprised about how easy it is to take them off. its basically 1 screw and slide it off. isnt anyone scared of theft? when i found that out im pretty much just worried that someone would just take them. and foglights arent cheap to replace