General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Tire Debris On Fwy Knocked My Fog Light Loose Is This Covered Under Warrenty!?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 04:00 AM
s0x
5 Year Member
Tire Debris On Fwy Knocked My Fog Light Loose Is This Covered Under Warrenty!?

i was on the freeway and a piece of a blow out hit my car on the pasanger side. it knocked my fog light housing loose and now my actual fog light is bouncing around in there. im wondering if this is covered under the warrenty? my lip is all effed up 2 so either im gunna try and clean it up with some rubing compound or just buy a mugen lip lol . oportunity knocks? maybe so

Old 01-15-2008, 05:28 AM
Not sure if it's related, but my fog lamp was bouncing around the day after I pulled off the lot. Noticed the aim was off, got out & it looked ok. I pushed it with my index finger and it fell inwards!!! Turns out the factory bracket was broken - my dealer handled under warranty (actually, the part is in - haven't had the time to get down there for the repair yet, but I am confident it'll go well). If you don't have visible damage, they may just cover it...

Old 01-15-2008, 08:50 AM
Banned
NO...... and why should it be Honda did nothing wrong. Warranty is for Honda caused problems not road debris.

Old 01-15-2008, 08:57 AM
Originally Posted by claymore
NO...... and why should it be Honda did nothing wrong. Warranty is for Honda caused problems not road debris.
If it was truly caused by road debris, then you are correct. If it was, as was my case, incorrect / faulty equipment and/or installation, then it should be covered. Just because he had some debris kick up in the general area doesn't mean that caused the issue - mine wasn't evident (aside from the 'floating alignment') until I actually poked the light with my finger. Not hard, just a gentle nudge that made me freak when it fell through...
If the road debris hit close to it (and let's face it, everything is 'close' to it on the fit ), but not on the lens, then he may have had the issue I had and just didn't notice until then. (giving them the benefit of the doubt)
Either way, those puppies are pricey...

Old 01-15-2008, 09:25 AM
Retired Moderator
Yeah Honda is not at fault for the road gator that you hit. My buddy hit one before and it basically ripped up his front end They really suck...

Old 01-15-2008, 10:33 AM
Not responsible

Warranties cover items that fail, not items that are damaged by road debris. If a truck throws a stone from the rear tire, and it hits your hood, tough luck. Same as hitting road debris. They will laugh at you.

Old 01-15-2008, 12:01 PM
Retired Moderator
Yeah man unfortunetly they are not responsible. Good luck on fixing it though, it shouldnt be to hard.

Tyler

Old 01-15-2008, 12:13 PM
Agreed on the damage by road debris not being Honda's fault / responsability, but wanted to let folks know to check their fog lamps because mine were faulty from the start...

Old 01-15-2008, 12:22 PM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
i agree with everyone here, it shouldn't be covered by warranty, it's more like an accident.

Old 01-15-2008, 12:50 PM
5 Year Member
Car insurance is your only fall back. That is if you want to make a claim for something as minor as a fog light housing. I'd just suck it up, put tape on it, call it a battle scar. That or use it as an excuse to get something new. I took a hit in the NSX at speed once, rock came up and punched a hole in my radiator. DOH! Needless to say that had to be sent to the insurance gods. But for a fog light housing, tuff call.

Old 01-15-2008, 04:06 PM
s0x
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by claymore
hey claymore thanks for the stern NO followed by cocky explination. your always there for me

Old 01-15-2008, 04:08 PM
s0x
5 Year Member
hrmm i does anyone happen to know how much a new clip for the fogs would cost??? looks like i got some work to do today

Old 01-15-2008, 04:17 PM
5 Year Member
Hey tony. Just got ur texts n i replied. What kinda clip you looking for? I don't remember any clips and i've taken my s**t apart like a bazillion times lol.

Edit: the fog light is held on by 2 screws.

maybe the plastic tabs broke? Only way to find out is to take it apart n look.

Last edited by koolkevin1107; 01-15-2008 at 04:23 PM.
Old 01-15-2008, 05:07 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
i think i saw some cheaper ones over at zetaproducts.net

check them out too, if you need to get replacements.

Old 01-15-2008, 05:19 PM
s0x
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by koolkevin1107
Hey tony. Just got ur texts n i replied. What kinda clip you looking for? I don't remember any clips and i've taken my s**t apart like a bazillion times lol.

Edit: the fog light is held on by 2 screws.

maybe the plastic tabs broke? Only way to find out is to take it apart n look.
i took it apart and fixed it but you see that screw your looking at it hit the housing so hard that the screw RIPED its way through the plastic and poped out. didnt even break the plastic so i took the screw out replaced it and put it back in and JBWELD! the plastic back to gether lol all better cept for the scratches im gunna go get some detailing stuff and try and get it back to sexy.

Old 01-15-2008, 06:07 PM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
nice it sounds like you got it down. i hope it works out.

Old 01-15-2008, 07:53 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
It should be covered by insurance not a warranty..

Old 01-15-2008, 10:24 PM
s0x
5 Year Member
haha

Originally Posted by storm88000
It should be covered by insurance not a warranty..
haha not worth the 1k deductable for fog lights i washed and waxed it up today looks beeeeeutiful lol you gotta get low to see it.

Old 01-15-2008, 10:27 PM
5 Year Member
I feel your pain. I too was attacked by a highway gator. I didn't notice that it cracked my foglight until WAY later, but as everyone else said, no way that Honda will cover that. Your best bet is to assemble it as best you can or just get that piece replaced. I had to take apart and reassemble my entire front end because of the damage.

Old 01-15-2008, 10:47 PM
s0x
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by osborne
I feel your pain. I too was attacked by a highway gator. I didn't notice that it cracked my foglight until WAY later, but as everyone else said, no way that Honda will cover that. Your best bet is to assemble it as best you can or just get that piece replaced. I had to take apart and reassemble my entire front end because of the damage.
haha ya i came to that conclusion when i woke up and everyone was like yea right. lol so i took apart the assembly and the damage wasnt to bad there is rash all over that side of the lip and the fog housing but its really hard to see unless you get down there. and i waxed it up today so that makes it even harder to see. so im not to worried about it. plus im thinking of maybe geting a mugen style front lip so if thats the case it will be totally covered up.

Quick Reply: Tire Debris On Fwy Knocked My Fog Light Loose Is This Covered Under Warrenty!?