Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-interior-exterior-illumination/)
-   -   Independent Fog Light (First Post has answer!) (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-interior-exterior-illumination/5845-independent-fog-light-first-post-has-answer.html)

fitzaretitz08 04-05-2008 06:22 PM

independent fogs would be nice! i work at a honda dealership i should look in the service manual lol............................................... ...................

Fit317 04-16-2008 02:29 PM

im thinking of just wiring my fogs to my running lights by running a wire out of my fuse box from my fogs to the running lights fuse. but Truthfully i want o use the oem switch instead of jank wiring it beacause thats just BEGGING for problems. And when somehting goes wrong and i go to Honda there gonna say" Well u shouldnt have done this".

jdjohnson9 04-16-2008 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Fit317 (Post 284897)
im thinking of just wiring my fogs to my running lights by running a wire out of my fuse box from my fogs to the running lights fuse. but Truthfully i want o use the oem switch instead of jank wiring it beacause thats just BEGGING for problems. And when somehting goes wrong and i go to Honda there gonna say" Well u shouldnt have done this".

It is worth a shot but honestly the best way to do it is by following what is posted earlier in this thread. Its alot less wiring and worrying then what your planning but thats your decision. Good luck on whatever you decide:wavey:

Fit317 04-16-2008 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by jdjohnson9 (Post 285123)
It is worth a shot but honestly the best way to do it is by following what is posted earlier in this thread. Its alot less wiring and worrying then what your planning but thats your decision. Good luck on whatever you decide:wavey:

Hey i followed parts of everyones directions. I got it workin with NO PROBLEMS at all. If you need any assistance let me know. Its almost too easy to do. i was amazed 1 wire solved it all.

BUMP!!BUMP!!BUMP!!

jdjohnson9 04-16-2008 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by Fit317 (Post 285170)
Hey i followed parts of everyones directions. I got it workin with NO PROBLEMS at all. If you need any assistance let me know. Its almost too easy to do. i was amazed 1 wire solved it all.

BUMP!!BUMP!!BUMP!!

haha and to think you wanted to rewire the lights threw the fuse box. haha. I told ya it was easy. Im glad it worked out for you:vtec:

Fit317 04-16-2008 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by jdjohnson9 (Post 285173)
haha and to think you wanted to rewire the lights threw the fuse box. haha. I told ya it was easy. Im glad it worked out for you:vtec:

hahah i know. idk what i was thinking.

BUMP

crushbent 04-22-2008 08:39 PM

that white wire that comes down from the red/yel goes down to the fuse panel right? the one thats connected to the "add-a-fuse". how do you bring it down and tuck it in cleanly? from what i see it looks like it just hangs there.

leonine 04-22-2008 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by crushbent (Post 290592)
that white wire that comes down from the red/yel goes down to the fuse panel right? the one thats connected to the "add-a-fuse". how do you bring it down and tuck it in cleanly? from what i see it looks like it just hangs there.

zip ties are your friend:D

crushbent 04-22-2008 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by leonine (Post 290627)
zip ties are your friend:D

hah ok. i guess ill take a look at it when the time comes. any chance you have a pic of how yours looks?

leonine 04-22-2008 10:57 PM

if i took a pic it would confuse you even more. i have the trans temp gauge, a/f gauge, hard-wired radar, scangauge, and the fog light all going thru that area. it's like a rats nest right now but eventually i will clean it up.

J_L 04-27-2008 05:29 PM

Performed this mod this afternoon, posts 173 and 232 made it easy, except...position 24 is unusable in my 08. In fact, all empty slots in my fusebox have no power, I ended up using 22. Anyone else run into this??

m-man@sbcglobal.net 04-29-2008 06:34 PM

Hey everyone, i got some schematics here, the first one is for the all the lights and the second is for the fog lights, ignore the drawings, we were marking on it when i was discussing it with someone,

in the fit you can only turn the fog lights on/off, when you have the low beams on

heres the situation that i would like to have,
the ability to turn on/off the foglights when the parking lights, and the lowbeams are on (and high beams if possible,), while everything else stays the same, what i mean is say you turn the parking lights on, you then turn the fog light switch to "on", and they turn on, and the fog light indicator comes on, and if you then were to turn off the parking lights, the fog lights would also turn off even though the fog light switch would still be in the "on" position

basicly take the way it all works stock, and just move it from the low beam position, to the parking light position

we thought this might be possible by takeing the red/white wire and connecting it to the blue wire, because basicly when you turn the headlights on, the headlight relay is "on" and that provides the ground for the fog light switch (giving you the option to turn on the fogs only when the low beams are on) so i think that if we could move the fog light relay ground from the low beam relay to the parking light relay it would work
not 100% though,
anyway take a look

the reason i would want to do it this way, is because in the other posts, they either 1. are not wired correctly, and you get annomilies, such as having the high beam indicator come on for no reason, and
2. you create the possibility of turning off you lights, and walking away from you car, leaving the fog lights on, where in the situation i would like, when you turn off your lights everything turns off.

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h1...ned-01-1-1.jpg

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h1...Scanned-03.jpg

mikow 05-12-2008 07:48 PM

wow.. someone PM me when this problem is solved

leonine 05-12-2008 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by m-man@sbcglobal.net (Post 297375)
the reason i would want to do it this way, is because in the other posts, they either 1. are not wired correctly, and you get annomilies, such as having the high beam indicator come on for no reason, and
2. you create the possibility of turning off you lights, and walking away from you car, leaving the fog lights on, where in the situation i would like, when you turn off your lights everything turns off.

neither of these are correct with the DIY's i posted. i can turn on/off the fogs whenever i want...by themselves, parking, low, and high beam. the only thing i noticed is that when the fogs are on the gauge lights dim very slightly. no high beam indicator. and when i turn off the car the fogs turn off even if the switch is on.

That is controlled by the fuse you connect it to. make sure you connect it to a fuse that only gets power when the ignition is turned to the on position.

That should solve all the confusion.

Sloto200 05-12-2008 09:59 PM

Does anyone have the short and sweet version of this thread anywhere? I have gone through this post twice now and all i do is confuse myself with the 100+ posts of do it this way, no do it this way... I have an 08 Fit and would like to use my fogs when ever i want with the OEM switch.

FitVic 05-12-2008 10:31 PM

I did the Add a Circuit to slot #24 and works good. Took a total of er.......20 mins i think EASY!!! My question is does it stay on with the highbeams?? if so i must have done something wrong lol its not a big deal but just wondering about it.

AtticusFit 05-12-2008 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Sloto200 (Post 307448)
Does anyone have the short and sweet version of this thread anywhere? I have gone through this post twice now and all i do is confuse myself with the 100+ posts of do it this way, no do it this way... I have an 08 Fit and would like to use my fogs when ever i want with the OEM switch.

i agree with you, im justing looking for a simple DIY on this as well some needs to make a to the point DIY and make a sticky with no added post, just the how to with pics possibly!!

m-man@sbcglobal.net 05-13-2008 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by leonine (Post 307323)
neither of these are correct with the DIY's i posted. i can turn on/off the fogs whenever i want...by themselves, parking, low, and high beam. the only thing i noticed is that when the fogs are on the gauge lights dim very slightly. no high beam indicator. and when i turn off the car the fogs turn off even if the switch is on.

That is controlled by the fuse you connect it to. make sure you connect it to a fuse that only gets power when the ignition is turned to the on position.

That should solve all the confusion.

ok, sorry for my mistake,
what you have is closer to what i want,
most people here want complete control of the fog lights, which is what you have aside from them turning off when you turn the car off

I think there should be a way to have it so your ability to turn on the fog lights will be available in "Parking lights", and "low beams", and they will be turned off regardless of the fog light switch when the key is turned to 'off' (which is what i want)
this should be possible by just splicing the foglight relay ground wire to the correct wire, that must be part of the parking lights system

dont know what that is yet, ill have to get a better wiring diagram
This wont give you Total control over the fogs, but it would be simpler and neater than running extra wires and tapping into the fuse box.

leonine 05-13-2008 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by kndlewis (Post 267761)
Pictures for the step-by-step can be found in post 173 https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-l...tml#post114502 (for the switch) and 232 https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-l...tml#post159509 (for the relay) in this thread.

take a look at the posts mentioned above i believe those are the ones i put up.

leonine 05-13-2008 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by Gotenkz00 (Post 307481)
I did the Add a Circuit to slot #24 and works good. Took a total of er.......20 mins i think EASY!!! My question is does it stay on with the highbeams?? if so i must have done something wrong lol its not a big deal but just wondering about it.

there is a separate DIY i put up for the high beams. i believe post 232 covers the high beams.