Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

Need Good Recommendations. (seriously)

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 11:08 PM
Post Need Good Recommendations. (seriously)

ok so i never wanted to start stupid threads that have been asked about 3 thousand times over already, so i just snoop around this forum like a identity thief goes through your trash. seriously i just go through a bunch of threads with the search button. Point is i'm looking for yellow fog light films, and well i stumble across the one where you guys where talking about the film from "headlight armor." saw some pretty yellow stuff from the picture from the guy with the blue GE who said he bought his from the same place. Well i ordered it, because they looked pretty good and this is what i got.

yep. faint pee "jdm yellow" fail.

Its been on there for about 4 or 5 days now and its starting to bug the sh** out of me with its yellow failness. So now i want to get a new vinyl film that will actually look deep yellow. So now my Question is; what are YOUR personal recommendations that you know will be deep rich yellow? i'm kind of paranoid now because that was 24 dollars i'll never get back

Last edited by EvoFit; 02-02-2011 at 11:10 PM.
Old 02-03-2011, 12:48 AM
5 Year Member
Maybe add bulbs to the equation. I've not noticed much of a difference from pics of other people's setups between films. I had the yellow headlight armor ones on there for about a week and thought they were a little bit too boy racer for me, so I ordered clear.

Old 02-03-2011, 01:54 AM
5 Year Member
Hit up azncarbos for the yellow fog light film.

Old 02-03-2011, 11:46 AM
Originally Posted by JDMxGE8
already messaged him. Are you using his vinyl? did yours turn out to be really yellow?

Old 02-03-2011, 11:53 AM
Originally Posted by hayden
Maybe add bulbs to the equation. I've not noticed much of a difference from pics of other people's setups between films. I had the yellow headlight armor ones on there for about a week and thought they were a little bit too boy racer for me, so I ordered clear.
i do have bulbs also. i'm using 3000k HIDS so they're actually pretty yellow when they're on. i just want them to look yellow also when they're off. About the whole "boy racer" thing, to some people if your not completely stock, and just adding one little thing somehow instantly makes you a "tuner rice boy." So to anyone who ever says im rice i just tell them to donate me 15 grand and i'll make my car looks exactly how they want it to look. Even if my car was completely "RICED" out and i can still go to sleep at night loving it, then thats all that matters in my book.

Old 02-03-2011, 12:34 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by EvoFit
already messaged him. Are you using his vinyl? did yours turn out to be really yellow?
Yes I am using his vinyl. I even have PIAA Plasma Ion yelllow bulbs too. Mated with the yellow film, my fogs look hella piss yellow.

Old 02-03-2011, 01:02 PM
5 Year Member
+1, azncarbos' film is good stuff.
i've ordered film from him 3 years ago and mine are still bright yellow. they even protected my fog lights in a front end collision. everything had to be replaced: hood, bumper, both fenders, radiator, radiator support, head lights... everything except my fog lights lol

Old 02-03-2011, 01:11 PM
5 Year Member
i do have bulbs also. i'm using 3000k HIDS so they're actually pretty yellow when they're on. i just want them to look yellow also when they're off. About the whole "boy racer" thing, to some people if your not completely stock, and just adding one little thing somehow instantly makes you a "tuner rice boy." So to anyone who ever says im rice i just tell them to donate me 15 grand and i'll make my car looks exactly how they want it to look. Even if my car was completely "RICED" out and i can still go to sleep at night loving it, then thats all that matters in my book.
Not saying it's rice. Just looked a little too aggressive for my tastes. I see a lot of younger guys in Hondas running around this part of town with them. I thought it would convey Euro to me, but then decided that wasn't what I was seeing. I'm just picky is all.

Old 02-03-2011, 02:13 PM
5 Year Member

This was when I had 3000K HIDs. I currently have PIAA Plasma Ion Yellow bulbs now. I'll try to take a picture tonight so you can see the difference.

Old 02-03-2011, 10:18 PM

This was when I had 3000K HIDs. I currently have PIAA Plasma Ion Yellow bulbs now. I'll try to take a picture tonight so you can see the difference.
you sir! are my new best friend. anyways i'm trying to get in touch with him as we speak. by the way which did you find to work out better? 3000k or the piaa? in color and brightness i mean. also which brand of HID did you use? excuse all the mindless questions, because now apparently my HID i just bought are fail too. when you look at the car my whole fog light housing looks freaking BLUE! and the light on the ground is green! just shipped them back today actually. now im stuck with OE again. which is also bugging me, a week of waiting all for nothing again jsut like the vinyl.

Old 02-03-2011, 10:28 PM
Originally Posted by hayden
Not saying it's rice. Just looked a little too aggressive for my tastes. I see a lot of younger guys in Hondas running around this part of town with them. I thought it would convey Euro to me, but then decided that wasn't what I was seeing. I'm just picky is all.
its nice to be picky. I really only want yellow because i live in MN and when there's major fog or windy snow storms i want to make sure i'm seen.

Old 02-03-2011, 10:49 PM
5 Year Member
you sir! are my new best friend. anyways i'm trying to get in touch with him as we speak. by the way which did you find to work out better? 3000k or the piaa? in color and brightness i mean. also which brand of HID did you use? excuse all the mindless questions, because now apparently my HID i just bought are fail too. when you look at the car my whole fog light housing looks freaking BLUE! and the light on the ground is green! just shipped them back today actually. now im stuck with OE again. which is also bugging me, a week of waiting all for nothing again jsut like the vinyl.
Personally, I would stay away from aftermarket HID kits. They never last and the ballasts will eventually break over time/wear. I would invest in some quality halogen bulbs like the PIAA Plasma Ion Yellow. If you do choose to go the PIAA route, you can get them at www.tunersports.com

Old 02-03-2011, 10:50 PM
5 Year Member
its nice to be picky. I really only want yellow because i live in MN and when there's major fog or windy snow storms i want to make sure i'm seen.
Yeah, see I have no use for them. ha! I was also still stuck on the rally theme from my last car. It's weird transitioning cars...

Old 02-03-2011, 10:54 PM
Personally, I would stay away from aftermarket HID kits. They never last and the ballasts will eventually break over time/wear. I would invest in some quality halogen bulbs like the PIAA Plasma Ion Yellow. If you do choose to go the PIAA route, you can get them at www.tunersports.com
was starting to think the same thing. plus having to bury the ballast somewhere where it wont get wet but still reach the bulb is going to be a pain if i don't want to take my bumper apart in 10 degree weather.

Old 02-03-2011, 10:56 PM
5 Year Member
was starting to think the same thing. plus having to bury the ballast somewhere where it wont get wet but still reach the bulb is going to be a pain if i don't want to take my bumper apart in 10 degree weather.
Halogen bulbs are definitely easier to install.

Old 02-03-2011, 11:30 PM

Thats a sharp looking GE!