Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

Dash Z Projector Headlights???

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 02:55 AM
5 Year Member
Dash Z Projector Headlights???

Hey guys, new to the boards here and a new Fit owner as of Sunday. I know eventually I want to get HIDs put in and do it right with projectors. I was looking around at the popular sites on here and say that kits from the retro source cost about $400, then about another $300 or so to get them properly retrofitted through hidillusionz. Plus on top of that I couldn't be out of a car, so I'd probably have to spend $400 or so on a pair of used headlights. So we're talking $1000+ easily here.

Anyways, I stumbled upon dashzracing.com while searching for Depo tail lights and wondered if anyone has any experience with them or if these headlights are too good to be true? Seems like I could cut my cost to get projectors by at least half, if not more. I like the design and was looking to get both Angel Eyes and LEDs anyways, so I'm not really questioning that. Just wondering if there is something I'm missing here, because this seems too good to be true. Any advice?

Thanks,
Indie

Old 02-04-2011, 03:54 AM
5 Year Member
They have 3 different kinds with a black and chrome version (making 6 listings).

I have the first type, listed as for the 08-09 Fit. I bought it from another site for a bit cheaper. Well... they don't fit. the best theory so far, its simply for JDM Fits (hence the 08, since the GE came out in Japan a year earlier).

There was another thread looking into buying the same type of housing as the other two on that site (but from another site).

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/gaug...ghts-ccfl.html

However, the thread starter is currently awaiting word from the seller about beating the ebay price.

I'll be honest... if the pictures are accurate... I don't think they'll fit anymore than the set I have.

Old 02-04-2011, 10:13 AM
5 Year Member
Hmm, thanks for the reply. I suspected the same issue and I've already emailed them asking if they are for JDM or USDM, so I guess we got double coverage on awaiting that answer. Aside from that, is there any downfall to these? Again, everything else I was looking at getting done separately would be well over $1000 and whenever there is a huge price difference, I tend to question things. Is the quality of the ones you bought up to snuff?

Old 02-04-2011, 10:25 AM
Why would you pay someone to retrofit your headlights for you? Man up, save some cash and do it yourself. A bixenon kit can be had from theretrofitsource for $350, plug and play harness included. No spare headlights needed, read up on hidplanet to get yourself familiar with the process and you'll be fine.

Old 02-04-2011, 10:59 AM
5 Year Member
Why would I do that when a risk free alternative with angel eyes, leds, and dual projectors is being offered for the same price? =|

Old 02-04-2011, 03:38 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gd3vbp
Why would you pay someone to retrofit your headlights for you? Man up, save some cash and do it yourself. A bixenon kit can be had from theretrofitsource for $350, plug and play harness included. No spare headlights needed, read up on hidplanet to get yourself familiar with the process and you'll be fine.
Not everyone wants to "DIY" everything in their cars. These headlights aren't being sold as retrofits. For the most part, they are single to dual bulb conversions. Instead of using a single H4 bulb, they use two H1s (in my case) or an H3 along with an H1. LEDs and halos aside, I prefer the look of dual bulbs to the single projector retrofit of our frog eyed headlight housings. The stock reflector is just flat out too big, and putting a single projector makes it look just as goofy. But that's just an aesthetic opinion.

If you can provide a link to someone "DIY"ing our frog eyes to dual projectors, I'm all for it! I still have my stockers.

Originally Posted by theindiearmy
Why would I do that when a risk free alternative with angel eyes, leds, and dual projectors is being offered for the same price? =|
The headlights I bought were $253, but got a discount on them, bringing them down to $235.

But remember, I have issues. I'm content with it.

Old 02-04-2011, 03:58 PM
5 Year Member
Most of your issues had to do with fitting, right? I emailed them and they said the ones I'm looking at would fit USDM only.

Old 02-04-2011, 04:06 PM
5 Year Member
Yup, the two upper mounts. The one that is supposed to attach to the upper grille and the one up close to the hood hinge.

If I hadn't already gotten mine, I might consider ordering a new set too. But alas... not feeling like spending any more money on it.

good luck, don't forget to do a review for those interested and take pics!

Old 02-05-2011, 09:33 AM
Originally Posted by theindiearmy
Because what you'd be buying is a cheap, horrendously ugly product, even if you put HID into the projector you wont have nearly the same output you would have if you retrofit your headlights.

Old 02-05-2011, 01:01 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gd3vbp
Because what you'd be buying is a cheap, horrendously ugly product, even if you put HID into the projector you wont have nearly the same output you would have if you retrofit your headlights.
Horrendously ugly? Sorry, but these are some of the best retrofitting headlights I've seen for the Fit. I don't recall coming in here asking "Do you guys think these look good?" So keep your negative opinions to yourself. Have you seen these in person? No, so you have no idea about the quality or the output. Goobers has a similar pair and he's already expressed his opinion on the quality of them.

Last edited by theindiearmy; 02-05-2011 at 01:03 PM.