Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

GE8 Honda Fit with Mori Mini D2S

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 02:37 AM
thanks! yup, I'll be sure to mount and align before I stick the headlight lens back on. I'd like to be done in the next week or two but I'll try not to rush it.

Old 04-29-2011, 05:18 AM
Fantastic look. I can't believe this is such a pain in the arse though. I can't believe someone doesn't sell these as complete easy install aftermarket lamps. I would love to just buy them - get them home and swap them out. Too much rigamarole.

Old 08-03-2011, 08:11 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Jmsnwbrd
Fantastic look. I can't believe this is such a pain in the arse though. I can't believe someone doesn't sell these as complete easy install aftermarket lamps. I would love to just buy them - get them home and swap them out. Too much rigamarole.
I have something up my sleeve...

Old 08-03-2011, 08:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Jmsnwbrd
actually... for me... it took me much longer to take off the lights and put them back in, and set up the ballasts, than to bake the lights and put in the projectors ... I guess its cuz it was the first time I've taken off my bumper, but that IS required to take off your lights

Old 06-17-2014, 09:41 PM
5 Year Member
old thread but is anyone having issues with their projectors vibrating at idle? the output of my passenger side projector shakes at idle.....dont know if its too loose, or if its something that happens to everyone else. the pass side actually feels tighter than the drivers side, but no vibration there........

Old 06-17-2014, 09:46 PM
Super Moderator
i think there is more vibration at idle passenger side due to the engine. when i drive, the vibration is gone. sometime the gimp wiper vibrates at idle too.

Old 06-18-2014, 06:30 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by k-man
old thread but is anyone having issues with their projectors vibrating at idle? the output of my passenger side projector shakes at idle.....dont know if its too loose, or if its something that happens to everyone else. the pass side actually feels tighter than the drivers side, but no vibration there........
Mine vibrates too. Only at idle without any AC though, and it depends on the temperature and day.

I think the tighter they are, the more likely that they will vibrate. With it loose, I think the vibrations are naturally dampened.

Old 05-18-2016, 09:17 PM
I'm just wonder guys, what are you guys doing with the dust covers on the back of the headlight. The d2S igniters are too big and bows out for the OEM dust cap to fit even if I trim it. Any recommendations? Would this work?

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/ac...l#.Vz0UHGNnLw8

Old 05-19-2016, 02:51 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ALwAyS4SaLe
I'm just wonder guys, what are you guys doing with the dust covers on the back of the headlight. The d2S igniters are too big and bows out for the OEM dust cap to fit even if I trim it. Any recommendations? Would this work?

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/ac...l#.Vz0UHGNnLw8
It looks like those could work? I don't have any cover on mine and regret not putting something there. Even though my headlights were sealed from the outside... moisure can still condense on the inside when it's humid out, and cold outside, similar to how moisure condenses on your windshield. So I do recommend sealing it. And it's probably best to put in your bulbs on a dry day, so the air that stays in there stays dry. I should probably seal mine... better late than never...

Old 05-19-2016, 07:04 AM
Originally Posted by ydnality
It looks like those could work? I don't have any cover on mine and regret not putting something there. Even though my headlights were sealed from the outside... moisure can still condense on the inside when it's humid out, and cold outside, similar to how moisure condenses on your windshield. So I do recommend sealing it. And it's probably best to put in your bulbs on a dry day, so the air that stays in there stays dry. I should probably seal mine... better late than never...
I kind of have a better solution...

What do you guys think. It's not on the fit but with the same idea....

Attached Thumbnails GE8 Honda Fit with Mori Mini D2S-45adb7de-06aa-42c9-963f-f14c784fe699.png