Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

headlight fog

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 11:30 AM
5 Year Member
headlight fog

I've got a 2007 Fit Sport and noticed today that I'm getting a slight haze on the inside of the headlight. I had the same issue on my Harley, but it was easy enough to take the Harley headlight apart. The Fit headlight looks a little more difficult aside from putting it in the oven to loosen the glue and pop it apart.

Anyone else run into this issue and how did you fix it? I don't think its affecting my light output all that much, but it looks pretty horrible to a perfectionist like myself lol

Old 11-18-2011, 12:17 PM
5 Year Member
Opening the headlight isn't all that difficult, it's the remembering to not touch anything part that's difficult.

Old 11-18-2012, 08:57 PM
5 Year Member
I almost got this issue fixed by accident lol. I few weeks ago I hit a deer and just got the fit back from the body shop and it looks great. No more chips on the hood or the bumper and I ended up with one new headlight. So now one is brighter than the other because there's still a haze in the other. I thought of trying to clean out the haze myself but the reflector thing on the inside is attached in a way that prevents me from removing it so I can get a rag inside there. Any other ideas? I really don't want to take the headlight apart if I don't have to. Is there another option?

Old 11-19-2012, 11:01 AM
Seek out another deer

Old 05-21-2017, 10:06 PM
5 Year Member
Yes, I know this is an old thread, but here's a trick I learned from the Harley-Davidson forum for cleaning haze off the inside of headlights.

You'll need to remove the headlight from the car and remove the bulb. You will also need ice, rubbing alcohol and a hair dryer.

I also recommend you use distilled water to make the ice, especially if you have hard water, like I have, or you'll end up with water spots inside the headlamp. I just put a little distilled water in a Ziploc bag and put it in the freezer.

Crush up the ice into small chips. Pour the chips into the headlamp and add about a half cup of rubbing alcohol. Shake/swish the mixture around like you're making a cocktail for a minute or so and pour it out. Next, use the hair dryer aimed into the bulb hole to dry the inside of the lamp. the inside will come out nice and clean.

To be sure, I haven't tried this on the Fit's headlamps, only on a glass H-4 headlamp, so proceed at your own risk.