Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

GE8 Dome/Map light question

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 03:03 PM
GE8 Dome/Map light question

so im looking at ebay today and I came across this White 48-LED Interior Dome Panel Light 211-2 212-2 578 | eBay

I want to purchase it but I dont know the size of the led panel that will fit my fit. Does anyone know the biggest size i could fit in both dome/map light?

Old 07-22-2012, 09:13 PM
bump! I would like to know more about the parameters as well for installing map lights in my 2012 fit, too. to @airmike, do you also have a 2012 honda fit (base?) as well?

Old 08-01-2012, 06:12 PM
5 Year Member
i only trust ordering from Automation Lighting | REAL . BRIGHT . LEDS

email them and they will set you up with the brightest LED interior kit you want

the prices are always lower than any other LED website too, i don't trust ebay when it comes to warranty

Old 08-01-2012, 06:23 PM
Originally Posted by aallbbeerrtttttt
i only trust ordering from Automation Lighting | REAL . BRIGHT . LEDS

email them and they will set you up with the brightest LED interior kit you want

the prices are always lower than any other LED website too, i don't trust ebay when it comes to warranty
^^^^Agreed^^^^

In the 2012 dome light and map lights they are the Festoon type.

31mm long and 10mm round (diameter). I would not go much wider than 2 LED's wide to be on the safe side. Mine are only one wide in blue and they are plenty cool for ambiance.

I changed the Dome and cargo to blue and kept the map lights white. when I open my car doors or hatch I get a nice blue light but when I need some serious lighting the map lights in white are great.

Last edited by Dwalbert320; 08-01-2012 at 07:10 PM.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:49 PM
installing map light from scratch

hi, thanks @aallbbeerrtttttt and Dwayne for the input thus far.

I bought the 2012 Fit Sport, and there is nothing but ceiling (not sure the proper term for this) where the map light should be. Thus, I'm looking to install the map light from scratch. Besides the measurements for the LEDs, do you happen to know the part # for the actual map light compartment (again, don't know the term for this... including the actual 'box' with on/off buttons)

Thanks.
JT

Old 08-01-2012, 08:01 PM
Originally Posted by jonreytan
hi, thanks @aallbbeerrtttttt and Dwayne for the input thus far.

I bought the 2012 Fit Sport, and there is nothing but ceiling (not sure the proper term for this) where the map light should be. Thus, I'm looking to install the map light from scratch. Besides the measurements for the LEDs, do you happen to know the part # for the actual map light compartment (again, don't know the term for this... including the actual 'box' with on/off buttons)

Thanks.
JT
Ok lets get the terms right first.

In the middle of the roof is your compartment light.

Just above the windshield , above your rear view mirror, are two map lights. Left and right.

The light in your hatch....in the back cargo area on the left looking from the rear....is the Cargo light.

I've also change the light in the cup holder area in the middle above your shifter....

For the compartment area it is a Festoon type light. 31mm long and 10mm round same as the cargo light.

you need something like these

http://ledautomotive.com/product.php?id_product=30

The map lights you should leave white when you need some real lights. My two cents.

this way when you open your car doors you get an nice coloured light....but when you need some real lighting you can push your map lights on/off to white.

Makes sense?

edit: just read your post again...do you mean to tell me that you purchased a 2012 Fit and there is no light in the middle of your roof?

Last edited by Dwalbert320; 08-01-2012 at 11:13 PM.
Old 08-01-2012, 10:01 PM
5 Year Member
Assuming that the GD and GE have same size dome assemblies, I would suggest this:

1pcs BA9S/921/Festoon Dome Bulb 15-5050 SMD LED Light board,Warm White #B15WW | eBay

I bought this for my car and they fit really snug inside the dome housing. Comes with 3M double sided tape for more security. The thing I like about the kit is it comes with 4 adapters and you can use it for whichever application you want. In your case, you're just going to use the festoon adapter.