Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-interior-exterior-illumination/)
-   -   Bulb sizes: Fit 2015 - Complete List (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-interior-exterior-illumination/86220-bulb-sizes-fit-2015-complete-list.html)

xancholy 11-08-2014 10:02 AM

Bulb sizes: Fit 2015 - Complete List

Hi All,

I'm trying to find a list of all bulbs on the 2015 Fit EXL.

I'd like to replace all of them with LEDs.

Headlights: H4
Fogs : H8

But what about map/cabin/cargo/licence?

Thanks

andre181 11-08-2014 10:14 AM

These are what I used for the license plate lights. I am almost positive they are the same light for the map and dome light but I'm not sure.

And the front and rear turn signals AND the reverse light bulbs are 7440.

Keep in mind, for the front turn signals you'll need an amber LED 7440. Or you can get a white/amber switchback bulb like I got which gives you a result like in this video of my car. Solid white when they aren't blinking, alternate amber/white when they are. They are pretty cool IMO

andre181 11-08-2014 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by thaipinoy1 (Post 1276357)
Sweet! Did your switchbacks require a relay?

Nope, no relays. Just a load resistor.

And thanks for bringing that up. Front or rear, if you replace the turn signals with LED bulbs, you will need a load resistor on each one or you'll get hyper-flashing. They are easy to put on. You'll need 4 total. One for each turn signal.

DArkk 11-08-2014 09:46 PM

I can tell you the LED from Amazon will take care of all the lights inside the car and license plate:

Amazon.com: Jtech 10x 194 168 2825 T10 5-SMD White LED Car Lights Bulb: Automotive

I do suggest getting a "pancake" LED bulb for the cargo area. Really makes a huge difference:

Fitmo 11-09-2014 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by DArkk (Post 1276375)
I can tell you the LED from Amazon will take care of all the lights inside the car and license plate:

Didn't someone here use those for the front side marker lights? Did they turn out to be too bright?

cheesewhiz 11-09-2014 09:26 AM

Side Marker LED's

Originally Posted by Fitmo (Post 1276400)
Didn't someone here use those for the front side marker lights? Did they turn out to be too bright?

I used the JTECH (10 pack) bulbs in the front side markers and they worked out "wicked pissa"! I posted a pick in one of ADVphotography's "how To" thread page 1, scroll down the page:

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...bulbs-led.html

Fitmo 11-09-2014 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by cheesewhiz (Post 1276426)
I used the JTECH (10 pack) bulbs in the front side markers and they worked out "wicked pissa"!

Thanks for the cure for my CRS.

I posted a pick in one of ADVphotography's "how To" thread page 1, scroll down the page:

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...bulbs-led.html
Here's a forum tip in return. The post number, #18 in this case, is a link to your post. You can either copy it to your clipboard or click on it, in which case the URL in the browser window will have the direct link to your post. Won't have to tell folks to scroll down to it.

LED Side Marker Lights

Thanks again!

DArkk 11-09-2014 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Fitmo (Post 1276431)

Here's a forum tip in return. The post number, #18 in this case, is a link to your post. You can either copy it to your clipboard or click on it, in which case the URL in the browser window will have the direct link to your post. Won't have to tell folks to scroll down to it.

LED Side Marker Lights

Thanks again!

Very nice. I still have few of the LED bulbs left so may do the side markers as well long as it looks "yellow" which it does.

cheesewhiz 11-09-2014 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Fitmo (Post 1276431)
Here's a forum tip in return. The post number, #18 in this case, is a link to your post. You can either copy it to your clipboard or click on it, in which case the URL in the browser window will have the direct link to your post. Won't have to tell folks to scroll down to it. Thanks again!

AHA! I couldn't, for the life of me, figure out how to direct link to a specific post. Thank you FITMO, sir! You are a gentleman and a scholar!:bowdown:

Originally Posted by DArkk (Post 1276464)
Very nice. I still have few of the LED bulbs left so may do the side markers as well long as it looks "yellow" which it does.

Yes the side marker's lens is amber, so the white LED works fine ... if anything it shows up as more yellow than amber. Someone mentioned using uni-directional lamps in the side-marker .... you can check this thread as well (another contribution from ADVPhotography)

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...ml#post1264336

(FITMO = GOD!!)

Fitmo 11-09-2014 07:08 PM

Fitmo ≠ God -- Fitmo <3 God :)

cheesewhiz 11-09-2014 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Fitmo (Post 1276518)
Fitmo ≠ God -- Fitmo <3 God :)

God is Love
Love is Blind
Ray Charles is Blind
Ray Charles is God

(I know, I know :offtopic: ... couln't help myself )

DArkk 11-09-2014 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by andre181 (Post 1276277)

And the front and rear turn signals AND the reverse light bulbs are 7440.

Keep in mind, for the front turn signals you'll need an amber LED 7440. Or you can get a white/amber switchback bulb like I got which gives you a result like in this video of my car. Solid white when they aren't blinking, alternate amber/white when they are. They are pretty cool IMO
2015 Honda Fit Front LED Turns - YouTube

The white and amber switching lights just friggin cool. Looking around on Amazon looks like this is what I needed which includes load resistors:

andre181 11-09-2014 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by DArkk (Post 1276524)
The white and amber switching lights just friggin cool. Looking around on Amazon looks like this is what I needed which includes load resistors:

Robot Check

Looks like those should work. The poor reviews concern me though.

One thing to note is there are two types of switchback lights. Mine are type B. That product from amazon doesn't specify which type it is so you may end up being disappointed.

I ordered mine from superbrightleds.com https://www.superbrightleds.com/more.../Photos&Videos

$20 per bulb is pricy but they are great quality. I would definitely purchase them again.

DArkk 11-10-2014 02:39 AM

Originally Posted by andre181 (Post 1276560)

One thing to note is there are two types of switchback lights. Mine are type B. That product from amazon doesn't specify which type it is so you may end up being disappointed. Switchback LED bulb Type A and B - YouTube

I ordered mine from superbrightleds.com https://www.superbrightleds.com/more.../Photos&Videos

$20 per bulb is pricy but they are great quality. I would definitely purchase them again.

Thanks for the heads up. High quality is what I am looking for and not too concerned about the price as these are "safety" items so it has to work 100% of the time.

So I will be ordering these and get them installed soon!! Can't wait!!

Fitmo 11-10-2014 09:00 AM

According to the manual, the front parking/turn signals are dual-filament 28/8W bulbs, which means they're probably really 7444NA (25/6W or higher) with three contacts, not 7440, a single-filament 21W bulb with only two contacts. For all 744X bulbs, the base is 16mm x 3mm. FWIW

ydnality 11-14-2014 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by andre181 (Post 1276560)

One thing to note is there are two types of switchback lights. Mine are type B. That product from amazon doesn't specify which type it is so you may end up being disappointed. Switchback LED bulb Type A and B - YouTube

These are cool - Are the whites really bright? I'm afraid that they will blind people at night. I wanted to use them as DRL's ... how bright do they appear relative to the regular headlights in low beam mode? and are they visible in daylight?

andre181 11-14-2014 03:32 PM

They are perfect for DRLs in my opinion.

They are not bright enough to blind others, day or night. They are bright enough that they can be easily seen in the daytime, but are not brighter than the low-beams at night.

BILLBOGEY 11-17-2014 11:01 PM

Are the switchback lights a simple unplug and replace for drl and headlights? Is there 1 headlight bulb for low and high beams? Has anyone replaced the headlight bulbs with Sylvania brighter? bulbs? Thanks, Bill

andre181 11-17-2014 11:25 PM

The switchback bulb replaces the stock parking lights/turn signals. You just replace the bulb and you'll need to put in a resistor because the LED will cause hyper-flashing. (Using any LED including the switchback as a turn signal bulb will require a resistor).

To use it as a DRL, you'll need to keep the parking lights on at all times (which will also cause the tail lights to be on too).

Or you can wire the DRLs to power the the parking lights instead of the main headlights at reduced power. I know this is possible, but I'm not familiar with exactly how you'd do this.

nullxposur 11-20-2014 09:53 AM

Some questions..

1. The Amazon link looks like type A. Did anyone order them and find out which type they are?
2. I get using switchback for the front turning signals. Which ones did you guys use for the rear turning signals?
3. Did you guys replace the reverse light as well?