Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

H4 Philips Ultinon LED

Old 10-18-2015, 09:07 PM
H4 Philips Ultinon LED

Anyone tried the new Philips LED Ultinon H4 size? They seem to have just been released recently. Wondered if anyone had them on their Fit or plan to.

Many have praised the Philips as being the only LED on the market they would ever put into a headlight housing meant for traditional halogens. Although I have no idea how this translates into real-world performance with the Fit.

Official page:

??????? ?????? H4 LED | ??????

They can be bought domestically "soon" from H4 Philips X-treme Ultinon LED Bulb | 12953BWX2

These are not my videos but I found them on youtube that might be helpful:

They are expensive so I think this thread is warranted to discuss how they perform in the Fit so any contributions are welcome.

Old 10-20-2015, 12:16 AM
5 Year Member
I've been looking at these for a couple weeks now.. They are pricy.. Especially converted to Canadian .. And not sure on output.. It's a big gamble

Also not sure how to run these with DRL..

Found a good review with pics.. Not a fit though
H4 Philips LED Headlight Review | H4 LED kit Review | 12953BWX2

I'm quite tempted to just order them..

Also been looking at LEDs for the rest of the turn signals and stuff.. Let me know if you get it

Old 10-23-2015, 11:17 AM
5 Year Member
here's a pic in the GK headlight..

no output shots though..

diy with the install process
PHILIPS X-treme Ultinon LED H4?????? ?????d(´??)b??fit3/HONDA?Maintenance Handbook???????Minkara - The Car & Automobile SNS (Blog - Parts - Maintenance - Mileage)
(need to translate - use google chrome)

*edit - found pics of it on in the GK*

Last edited by g95pteg; 10-23-2015 at 11:19 AM.
Old 10-23-2015, 11:56 AM
5 Year Member
some really good pics and blog comparing the led to regualar halogen.. my only thing im trying to figure out is DRL.. otherwise i may pull the trigger and try them out

the blog (need to translate):
?PHILIPS X-treme Ultinon LED H4 ?????? ?????????...??????????????????!!???v?????????????? ??????? Always Going My Way ??Blog???????Minkara - The Car & Automobile SNS (Blog - Parts - Maintenance - Mileage)

GK output pic:

and why I think they will work well.. placement of led bulbs look spot on with H4 placement... and the led's are small to mimick halogen sizing.. just need to figure our DRL

Attached Thumbnails H4 Philips Ultinon LED-ultinon_h4_compara-c3-a7-c3-a3o.jpg  

Last edited by g95pteg; 10-23-2015 at 12:15 PM.
Old 10-23-2015, 10:53 PM
I would get these LED headlights instantly if they are compatible with DRL.

Old 10-23-2015, 11:31 PM
5 Year Member
The xenon depot Link above has a drl module.. But from my understanding that just makes the led headlight run full power all the time..

I have a GE and was thinking of doing the switchback mod to have the turn signals run as drl and run these only for night time

Old 10-27-2015, 11:35 PM
They are now "available for shipment" on XD. I'm in the US so DRL can be legally disabled for us. I might give this a try when I get back to my mom's place in a few weeks (The Fit is actually her car, I drive an Accord). She's always complaining about poor lighting on the 2015, which I would agree after comparing to even stock H11 projector halogens on the Accord. I just wonder if these would be better than something like the X-treme vision 130%+ halogen bulbs.

Old 10-28-2015, 04:40 PM
5 Year Member
yeah i was worried to shell out $300+ cdn and then if an led or something goes out..

i was also thinking of just trying the 130% x-treme vision bulbs now.. its 25% off at powerbulbs.. i may do that for now until i get more reviews on the LED and for long term durability

Old 01-17-2016, 11:57 PM
5 Year Member
Sorry to bring this back up. I have a pair on GE8 and here's my opinion.

Installation is very easy. Take less than 15 minutes. It will light up right the way, but driving during daylight hours the DRL warning will come on due to low wattage.

At night, there is a different story. Comparing to halogen bulb, this LED (fitted to stock DOT VOR headlight), the lights are scattered. Lots of glare right above the hot spot. Otherwise the color is very white. Have TRS LED fog and these LED is not as "blue" as the fog. I would want to post some pictures but have not yet been able to. Hopefully I will find a night to drive around and see.

Probably these LED are better suit for ECE lamps rather than DOT lamps (especially DOT VOR lamps).

Old 11-04-2017, 08:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 82801BA
Sorry to bring this back up. I have a pair on GE8 and here's my opinion.

Installation is very easy. Take less than 15 minutes. It will light up right the way, but driving during daylight hours the DRL warning will come on due to low wattage.

At night, there is a different story. Comparing to halogen bulb, this LED (fitted to stock DOT VOR headlight), the lights are scattered. Lots of glare right above the hot spot. Otherwise the color is very white. Have TRS LED fog and these LED is not as "blue" as the fog. I would want to post some pictures but have not yet been able to. Hopefully I will find a night to drive around and see.

Probably these LED are better suit for ECE lamps rather than DOT lamps (especially DOT VOR lamps).
I heard that the high beams actually put less light on the road than the oem halogen high beams, and that the low beams are whiter than the oem halogens, but only slightly brighter. The small roads in my area often don't have shoulders. You go off the edge of the road, and you are in a ditch. My main need is to get more light onto the sides of the side road when turning from a main road onto a side road, so that I don't drive off the road into a ditch, and to get better visibility on high beam, on roads where my headlignts are the only source of light. The Ultinons don't sound like they will help me; may even make things worse.

Old 11-05-2017, 07:32 PM
5 Year Member
Has anyone heard much about the RCP FLA H4 "bulbs" that I mention in this thread? Or tried them? Similar "filament-emulation," via placement of the LEDs, to the Philips Ultinon. Much much cheaper. Brighter. As are several other bulbs.

Old 10-03-2018, 12:21 AM
Hi,

Sorry for reviving this old thread but I think this falls under the same topic instead of creating a new one.

I got this item about a month ago from Amazon Japan (I am from the Philippines though) and mounted it on my GK5 (Thailand made on L15Z engine).

So far I am satisfied with the output and I can say it's better overall than Philips X-treme Vision +130% that I had previously. Compared to the stock eco-vision halogens, it's significantly brighter and definitely whiter.

Beam pattern is very near the stock and it's not scattered in my case. The ASEAN spec'ed GK could have different HL bowls though as based from the feedback above that it had scattered beams. So far I didn't get any flashing from incoming vehicles when on low beam.

The only issue I just found out lately is when (I think and I suspect) the temperature in the engine bay gets too hot, there seems to be momentary blacking out when I switch to low/high and vice versa. It won't totally black out though (as in like it shuts off) but it's noticeable kind of milliseconds off state in between low to high to low transition/switching. This happened 2 nights ago when city traffic was so bad that it went down to a crawl and I got caught up in the jam for about an hour of stop and go traffic (about 10km/h to 20km/h average). I usually don't turn off my HL when just stucked in traffic as I read somewhere it's not really a good practice especially if you run on halogens as the constant on/off could prove detrimental to the bulb filaments. But I think I have to now especially when it's really a stand-still for longer than usual to at least momentarily cool down the heat sink and the LED driver.

When it cooled down, it went back to normal... I thought it was the low/high switch but it seems that was not the case. I will further observe this.

Light to moderate city traffic jam seems OK though.