Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

Rally Lights mount

Old 03-17-2017, 07:53 PM
Rally Lights mount

First post on the forum! Woho!

Alright freaks, so I'm looking to put rally lights on my 2012 GE8 and I'm brainstorming mounting ideas.

I'm not looking to cut up any of the grill and was hoping I could get away with something like this setup. I used cardboard to make quick prototype but I'm thinking ultimately it will just aluminum or steel stock welded up:

Here's one of the 4 lights I'm thinking of using:

Here you can see where I'm trying to sneak it between the bonnet and grill. It looks like if it's made right with some padding I could pull it off:

And here's the bonnet popped, you can see more clearly of what the bends would have to be.

I was thinking of using the existing bolt you see holding the cardboard for mounting and also the hole underneath the top side of the frame

I'd like to find a way to use this hole also:

Let me know your thoughts and if you think I can go this route, or if you have seen any other ways to mount lights. Because I've looked extensively and haven't found squat of what people have done!

*Bonus*
My Fit with the Rally Armor Universal Mudflaps I installed yesterday! First Rallycross event this weekend!

Old 03-17-2017, 08:50 PM
Super Moderator
someone here in FF custom fabbed a grill for rally lights. i forget his user name though. if u dig thru what i have done to my ge8 today thread its in there somewhere.

Old 03-17-2017, 09:38 PM
5 Year Member
I'd buy another hood (they are fairly cheap) spray paint it or wrap it to match and drill holes in it to mount the lights and put quick disconnects in side.. Or buy a grill form a yard or rock or someone and cut it to allow the lights to be bolted behind it?

FWIW rally cross and a fit oughta be interesting,, ground clearance matters.. Try and get some video!

Old 03-20-2017, 02:48 PM
Originally Posted by xxryu139xx
someone here in FF custom fabbed a grill for rally lights. i forget his user name though. if u dig thru what i have done to my ge8 today thread its in there somewhere.
I will take a more in depth look, couldn't find anything at first glance. Thanks!

Originally Posted by dwtaylorpdx
I'd buy another hood (they are fairly cheap) spray paint it or wrap it to match and drill holes in it to mount the lights and put quick disconnects in side.. Or buy a grill form a yard or rock or someone and cut it to allow the lights to be bolted behind it?

FWIW rally cross and a fit oughta be interesting,, ground clearance matters.. Try and get some video!
Now there's an idea! Thank you, I'll definitely consider going that route.

Rallycross was spectacular. I will definitely be installing a skid plate and maybe 4 point seat belt and be back out there soon. Too much fun, highly reccomend if you're Fit isn't a garage queen! Here's some video: