Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Costco's Coverking Neoprene Seat Cover

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 08:39 PM
Coverking (Costco) Seat Cover Pics!

Well folks, as promised, here are pics of my newly installed Costco Coverking Custom-Fit Seat Covers in Charcoal Gray for my new '09 Fit! It took me and my dad about 2 hours to install everything. Getting under the seats was a little tricky, but if I can do this, anyone can. They're supposed to stretch a little so the directions say to tighten again in 2 weeks after they break in. They feel smooth and cushiony. I was impressed with how custom they are, especially how nicely they fit on the back seats (I was nervous about that). The color difference is due to installing when the sun was going down... 1st and last are without flash and with sun...middle two are with flash and darker. Feel free to ask any questions. If this was helpful to you, give me some rep!

Name:  DSC09234s.jpg
Views: 1966
Size:  78.1 KB
Name:  DSC09239s.jpg
Views: 1589
Size:  54.8 KB
Name:  DSC09240s.jpg
Views: 1333
Size:  61.9 KB
Name:  DSC09237s.jpg
Views: 1440
Size:  60.9 KB

Old 09-01-2009, 08:44 PM
looks great...how much were they?

Old 09-01-2009, 08:45 PM
Looks great! My wife's 1996 Mustang seats are shot and we've been using the crappy one size fits all Autozone covers and they are trashed. I'm going to be looking into these for sure.

Old 09-01-2009, 08:45 PM
As promised...

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...tml#post737830

tell me what you think!

Old 09-01-2009, 08:50 PM
Coverking Seat Covers Installed. Pics!

tell me what you think.

Old 09-01-2009, 08:52 PM
Pics of Newly Installed Coverking Seat Covers

tell me what you think

Old 09-01-2009, 09:15 PM
5 Year Member
very nice, get them

Old 09-01-2009, 09:22 PM
Why so serious?
5 Year Member
For future reference, let's just make one thread about a single mod and put it in the appropriate sub-forum instead of 5 threads all over the place.

kthanxbye!

Old 09-02-2009, 12:12 AM
Hey Y'all,

Sorry for the multiple threads. I didn't think it would cause duplicate links all over the place... I was just trying to be helpful.

Fat Ping: I did get them.... those are my pics, lol.

It was $356 total for both front and back seats, but you don't have to order both rows. You can just do individual rows (front or back) and it would be half that much.

Old 09-03-2009, 01:26 PM
Update

Ok, after driving around with my new seatcovers for a few days, I've noticed something not so good. The neoprene smells awful - and when I get in my car, the smell almost knocks me down. The inside of my car smells like an oil refinery. I did some online research and discovered that this is a common complaint of neoprene. What's worse is that the smell rubs off on your clothes. I'm in my office right now and I smell it on me. Now granted I do have a highly sensitive nose, but still. I called Coverking and they said the smell goes away in 2-3 weeks. So now I don't know what I'm gonna do. If I do take them back, I hope I haven't tainted my original cloth with neoprene smell forever more.

Anyone else have this issue or knows if it does improve over time?

Old 09-03-2009, 05:49 PM
5 Year Member
haha sorry i only read the first few replies to this thread for some reason..

they look great but that sucks about the smell... you could possibly spend another 50 and some dollars and get the vent visors to keep fresh air moving through the car all of the time to help air it out

Last edited by Fat Ping Cat; 09-03-2009 at 06:08 PM. Reason: i thought the visors cost over $100..
Old 09-08-2009, 02:21 PM
So what did you decide about the covers?

They do look great.

Old 09-08-2009, 07:16 PM
Good news! After one week, the smell has subsided a lot. It's still present, but it doesn't knock you down anymore. I feel confident that the smell will continue to lessen over the next week or two. I continue to drive with my windows open as much as possible. I'll post back in another week, but I'm pretty sure I'll be sticking with them.

Old 09-15-2009, 07:41 AM
Update:

The smell continues to subside. Woohoo. The seat covers really add a sporty look and make me feel like my seats are totally protected. People have asked how they handle hair, but I don't have any pets so I can't really say. What I can say is that while the original cloth attracted lint and dust like a magnet, these seem to repel it, thus I would think it does so with hair too. If it doesn't, Costco has a full refund policy if you're not satisfied. I recommend them!

Old 09-24-2009, 06:54 PM
alz
How's the smell now? Do you think letting them "air out" before applying them would've reduced the severity of the smell?

Have you had to re-adjust them (due to stretching) since applying them?

Old 09-24-2009, 10:21 PM
There is still a faint smell, but it's barely noticeable now. I can't imagine they would have aired out better or faster just sitting in a room versus applying them and then driving around with the windows down a lot. I'm sure it was the flow of air rushing in the open windows which caused them to air out. For this, I would say it would be a bad idea to buy them if you cannot drive around with the windows open for a while due to climate or weather.

As far as re-adjusting, I'm sure in a few more weeks there will come a time when the will need tightening, but so far they are staying put fairly well. It makes sense that they would need tightening eventually. The material is stretchy by nature, so it will stretch as it settles into the seat (and my seat, lol).

Old 09-25-2009, 02:24 AM
Question

I went to costco online and the item is not available. I checked at the coverking online store and it costs $312 each! That's way too much. Where else could I find it in that same price? Thanks

Old 09-25-2009, 07:00 AM
Hmm, that's odd. Did you confirm with Coverking that they are not showing on the Costco site and ask why? It may just be a temporary thing.

Old 10-21-2009, 10:16 PM
Coverking at costco

They are back up at Costco's website! I just ordered the 2 tone black and charcoal for the front seats.

Old 10-21-2009, 10:45 PM
I still love mine and recommend them to all. They don't smell anymore. Just make sure to air them out by driving around with the windows down for a few weeks. I haven't even had to re-adjust / tighten them yet. They fit really well. My seats feel protected. Someone asked how they hold up against hair. They're not nearly as bad with hair as the factory fabric, but they don't repel hair either. Just think of a cat nestled on a scuba diving suit. Hair is still going to stick. I would think any textured cloth is going to keep hair, and the only option for hair is something smooth like vinyl or leather.

Quick Reply: Costco's Coverking Neoprene Seat Cover