Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

A real Sub and Amp setup for the Honda Fit!!! (USDM)

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 08:46 PM
5 Year Member
I am not sure, i was looking on ebay, but that feels odd... i want to get a full harness, so i can patch all wires across, i'm trying to do it too...

=|

I can make you one, i'll be going to the Junkyard on friday.

I can grab one more.

71-1722 06 Honda Civic/07 Honda Fit; This harness is to be used when the OEM harness in the dash has been damaged and needs to be replaced; <-- Male end...
70-1722 06 Honda Civic/07 Honda Fit; This harness is to be used when replacing the factory radio with an aftermarket one; <-- Female end...

Parts for 2007 HONDA FIT - photos, charts and more <<--- All other things.. for the honda fit.... i want the scosche kit... @_@

Last edited by CuTeBoi; 06-06-2007 at 09:06 PM.
Old 06-06-2007, 10:56 PM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
nice, wanna come install mine next? lol

Old 06-06-2007, 11:20 PM
5 Year Member
I'd love to =P

I'm making 3 sets of harnesses, 1 for stock harness to stock headunit that branches off to my 5 channel amplifier <3

one for stock harness to sony headunit with a branch to 5 channel amplifier

and one that is stock to stock with no branching, but with the rear speaker line out on a hi-low converter to RCAs.... =D

just something to make my life easier in the long run... so, i just ordered 3 sets of those, and will be getting the pin removers tomorrow, and see about getting new pins, so i can make new cables and use those plug housings with my own wiring... =D

<3

Old 06-15-2007, 10:29 PM
I ordered those two harnesses from Installer.com (thanks for the link!). It cost around $40 after shipping, but I think it's worth it to leave my stock wiring intact. As far as the remote wire to the amp goes, is there a wire I can tap into that goes into the stock stereo that only has power when the stereo is turned on? I really don't want to have to wire up a switch just to turn my amps on. ALSO, does anyone have an idea of what amperage the Fit's alternator is rated at? I'm trying to figure out if a capacitor is going to be necessary.

Last edited by pgreene; 06-15-2007 at 10:35 PM.
Old 06-16-2007, 06:47 AM
5 Year Member
i wired my remote to the red wire, i'm sure that's the worst way, but most new amplifiers have circuits and resistors to block high voltage spikes.

Either way, the 12v red line is what i used to splice into mine.

and i'm making my harness tomorrow night after the San Luis meet for norcal.

Either way, i'll have this one done, with remote wire quick release, harness with the high-low converter, then if on tuesday the scosche kit doesnt arrive, i'm installing this into my system, and wiring up my new amplifier =D

it looks sexy in the trunk, and i need to take some photos of the woodwork my local auto sound place did, it looks quite impressive <3

And the amount of amps allowed by your alternator, people told me to look on the alternator, but i can't see anything legible that makes sense.

Old 06-18-2007, 08:50 AM
One of my amps is an old Soundstream Reference, so if I tap into the 12v line then I think I'll put a fuse on it just to be sure. Hopefully my wiring harnesses will get here today so I can get all of this done tonight.

Old 06-19-2007, 01:50 AM
5 Year Member
Let me know how it goes, right now, i can't seem to find my double layered shrink tubing (shrink tubing with glue/epoxy inside). So i'm sort of stranded till this Thursday when the electrician shop has more in stock.

Old 06-19-2007, 02:46 AM
I made a lot of progress tonight, but things still aren't perfect. Those two wiring harnesses from Installer.com are Metra kits. The one that plugs into the dash harness is missing three (or four, I can't remember for sure) pins that are needed for the stock headunit. One of these is the ground wire of the "dimmer", which is for all of the lights above the AC controls. I tried to rig up my own pins with paper clips but that didn't work at all. I didn't have time to pull up the trim on the driver's side and run the RCA cable, so for now it's just sitting in my floor. I did get my sub and amps hooked up. Unfortunately when I built the box for the sub I made the hole for the speaker just a little too large, so there's a small amount of air escaping. I'm hoping I can buy some kind of foam sealant or something to help eliminate this problem.

I wired up an equalizer in my glove compartment so I can directly control the volume of my sub. When I get some component speakers in a couple of weeks I'll be able to fine tune those as well. However, my immediate concern is fixing the wiring behind my dash. I guess I'm going to have to buy some pins for the Metra harness in order to "complete" it.

edit - Oh yeah, I had a question I was going to ask here. I noticed my lights dimmed slightly when my radiator fan came on, but not when my sub was hitting. Is this an indication that I need a capacitor, or does this happen to every Fit? I want to say I remember it happening before I put my sub in, but that may just be wishful thinking.

Last edited by pgreene; 06-19-2007 at 02:57 AM.
Old 06-19-2007, 07:19 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by pgreene
I noticed my lights dimmed slightly when my radiator fan came on,
Normal operation

Old 06-20-2007, 02:36 AM
5 Year Member
That is very normal, it happens when you lower the windows too... sad i think.

Anyways, for those 3 missing wires, youre right, i just mucked around with mine sitting on my desk, it's very odd, but i'm sure getting pins and the special crimps for it wont cost too much, i think it was around $15.00 when i got mine.

As for getting the actual pins to crimp, let me know where you get them, cause i can't find any info on them.

Old 06-20-2007, 09:11 AM
Originally Posted by CuTeBoi
That is very normal, it happens when you lower the windows too... sad i think.

Anyways, for those 3 missing wires, youre right, i just mucked around with mine sitting on my desk, it's very odd, but i'm sure getting pins and the special crimps for it wont cost too much, i think it was around $15.00 when i got mine.

As for getting the actual pins to crimp, let me know where you get them, cause i can't find any info on them.
Heh, I was going to ask you if you would know where to get them. I've been searching the internet and I haven't been able to find them anywhere. I think I'm going to just e-mail Metra and ask them where I can find the pins.

Old 06-20-2007, 06:28 PM
5 Year Member
heh, i'll be going to the electrician shop on friday, and i will ask them about it, i'm sure they can special order them.

Old 06-21-2007, 09:00 AM
If they're able to special order them could you order an extra set for me? I would be more than willing to pay for shipping and everything if it saves me the trouble of trying to track them down myself.

Old 06-22-2007, 05:19 AM
5 Year Member
yup, will be passing by later today. Pickup for the double layered stuff, and i need some fuse boxes for a case i'm making for all the LEDs i'm installing. Jeez, i really need to find who makes those nice car Fuse interface boxes.

Old 06-23-2007, 03:31 AM
5 Year Member
I got to talk to the electronics guy, and he said he would get back to me on Monday morning with information on Metra kit parts and tools to crimp with. I got some pin removers too. They ended up selling me a set of Dentists pick for $12.00

Got my double layered shrink tubing too =D

I'm making my RCA extensions to the trunk tomorrow after my girlfriend's mother's birthday.. urgh, 10am... too early for me.

Old 06-27-2007, 01:00 PM
Have you found out anything new about the pins?

Old 06-28-2007, 07:37 AM
5 Year Member
I checked on monday, they said they haven't gotten any info on it yet, will try on friday morning.

=\

It may be next to impossible to obtain, but i want these pins...

Old 06-28-2007, 07:41 PM
Heh, I'm about ready to just take my dash apart again and use some paperclips to rig something up.

Old 06-30-2007, 01:48 AM
5 Year Member
and bad news, i have been in the hospital the last few days, just got my baby boy at home now, missed my schedule to go to the electricians shop, it has to be done on monday. =O

if not, i will start to harass people at Metra =P

Old 08-13-2007, 10:59 AM
Good job. Putting in a sub sounds like a lot of work though.

Quick Reply: A real Sub and Amp setup for the Honda Fit!!! (USDM)