Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

UK, RHD Jazz Headunit removal help.

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 09:09 PM
UK, RHD Jazz Headunit removal help.

Hi guys,

I'm trying to install an aux input on my UK Spec 2003 Jazz Sport and like many others from what I've read, I have a problem with removing the headunit.

I've read a few tips on the forum and I've downloaded the music link pdf. In theory I should be ready to go! I've removed the screw under the AC controls, I've also removed two cables (can't get to the 3rd!) from behind the glove box and the AC harnesses. I've also removed the two screws holding the headunit to the dash... and I've pulled... but nothing.

I also read this post:

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...light=headunit

and I thought I better ask before I break something.

Is there anything special that needs to be done for removing the headunit on the RHD Jazz, or like it says on the thread above I just need to pull harder??

I know this subject has been beaten to death and I'm sorry for bringing it up again.

Thanks for you help.

Theo

Old 05-29-2007, 04:49 AM
5 Year Member
Old 05-29-2007, 08:38 PM
Just to let you know that once I was confident enough that all I needed to do was to pull hard (er than I was!!) from the AC controls the headunit came out in seconds. I lost two of the clips down the back, but once I put the headunit back in its place and put the two screws that secure it to the dash it's just fine... and it'll be easier to pull out the next time! :-)

Just make sure that you do take those two screws out. They're at a really awkward place and you have to somehow get your head under the the AC controls (or thereabouts) to actually see them.

Finally I followed the wiring diagrams shown here:

http://www.hondafitjazz.com/audio.htm

and it works just fine. I think I'll add a pre-amp tho cos it sounds a bit weak and flat.

Another thing is that I had a few CD audio cables for PCs. The ones that connect the CD drive to the soundcard. It was great for the headunit's first 4 pins. I also found a similar cable for just 2 pins so with those two connectors I had covered all six pins. A little bit of soldering and heatshrink and in the end it looked quite professional (if I may say so myself!).

Perhaps someone will find this helpful.

T