Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

My Scosche kit doesnt fit!! OMG!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 11:01 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by CuTeBoi
The material is durable, but someone templated the faceplate wrong for the bottom mounts. After i cut it completely down, to the proper height, everything fell together without having to squeeze anything into place. =O
-Tony
While I know it is a tall order to ask, hopefully you did the same to the uninstalled second kit and can post pictures of what us self installers will have to trim.

As for the rest of the thread, it is useless. I think 805 has generally good information, but this may be verging wacky. Scosche and you are good buddies, free face plate...nice stuff. Skunk2 and I are good buddies but if there is photographical evidence of a product being defective or causing an issue, it is hard to dispute. It is also, if being a friend of John or representative of Scosche, unprofessional to want someone to change their "tampon". But that is just my opinion which I know doesn't matter.

Facts are facts...the kit has been delayed and now doesn't fit. I am all about the finished product and wanting it to be the best possible. Case in point, waiting for the forced induction for the Fit is the SMART thing to do to prevent major engine failure and proper R&D. Molding plastic from a company who produces waves of kits shouldn't be such a demanding process. And the representative should attempt to contact their target market and EXPECT to answer questions be it an open forum or e-mail or returning a phone call...ESPECIALLY if the person put that information out in the first place.

Food for thought, when I called last Thursday or Friday and ordered directly from Scosche, I mentioned that I was trying to get in on the GB for a month and that I have tried to contact John but to no avail. The person who took my order said and I quote, "John has been out this past week but other than that, there's no excuse." So go figure.

If my kit doesn't fit, well, I won't be too pleased but I am handy enough to modify it. However many aren't. Oh well...such is life.

Old 06-26-2007, 11:59 PM
well im sorry if im coming off as a ass, but i have installed 2 of these and they have been a perfect fit, john is away and not able to post. i was just getting sick and tired of all this whinning from people on here saying they are getting ripped off and stuff. don't take offense or get butthurt cause i told you to change your tampon... it was joke. ask people here that have met me personally, all i do is help, i try to give imformative information about things especailly in the HP department. i have gotten dozens of PMs about seting up nitrous systems etc.
im just here to help you guys out, just be patient for once. and cuteboi i will look into your fitment problem when time premits... expect a PM tomorrow.

Emmanuel

Old 06-27-2007, 02:22 AM
5 Year Member
I havent modified the second one. But i think i will go and complete it. I'll take some photos of it too.

Old 06-27-2007, 03:47 AM
5 Year Member
i can vouch for 805 he's a great guy and really helpful but again, the guys that are complaining about the product should just lay off it. I would understand if it was a huge problem like a huge gap or crooked controls, but cmon a buncha tabs? hands down the kit is from a great reputable company that throws out new products all the time that fit perfectly. Just my $.02

Old 06-27-2007, 04:24 AM
5 Year Member
I'll be taking more pictures tomorrow of the areas it doesn't fit on the right passenger side.

The tabs?

I don't think you looked at the photos close enough. I cut off 3.5MM of plastic from where you mount the screws into. if it isn't cut, you can't properly mount the knobs on the front. They don't `snap` into place, and are loose because of this. My friend suggested just filling the gap, but that gap is the problem.

Anyways, I live by scosche, i use metra cable harnesses because they aren't THAT special, and are quickly obtainable, i don't know any reputable auto sound shop in the San Francisco peninsula that carries Scosche in stock at all times. it's all Metra.

Scosche dash kits are defacto the only type of dash kits i see in auto sound shops around here (San Carlos/San Francisco)

I will keep purchasing Scosche stuff either way, but i feel lots of companies are playing it wrong with the fit for some odd reason.

Here is my thread for fixing the kit.
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...-omg-fits.html

Old 06-27-2007, 04:42 AM
5 Year Member
i have other fitment problems, but I'll help out where needed, 805 said he would PM me later, I can wait for tomorrow. My second kit will need some things checked out.

Old 06-27-2007, 06:41 AM
Banned
Good deal Boi...and 805...I understand you bring a lot to the table...Just this thread went south for a bunch of reasons. I too agree a lot of people are getting antsy about little things...But for a lot of people, this may be their first car to "tune" or mess around with. Trust me, I know things suck from time to time with parts not fitting, delayed production, etc. I have had super and not-so-super experiences especially with a particular turbo kit...But it is all a learning process.

Pics look good and I am ready to get home to change stuff!

Kris

Old 06-27-2007, 08:12 AM
Originally Posted by koolkevin1107
i can vouch for 805 he's a great guy and really helpful but again, the guys that are complaining about the product should just lay off it. I would understand if it was a huge problem like a huge gap or crooked controls, but cmon a buncha tabs? hands down the kit is from a great reputable company that throws out new products all the time that fit perfectly. Just my $.02
Ah, so most of their products fit perfectly people should just shut up that this one needs to be modified? That makes sense.

I think you guys are letting your emotions and personal friendships get in the way of logic. I could understand if it was a ghetto discount kit and you had to jerry rig it to work.

But if you sell something twice the price of your competitors, it should be perfect out of the box. Period.

Old 06-27-2007, 06:31 PM
5 Year Member
may be the order so rush for everyone............some of them are not right!!! Mine either the air control icon look so funny

**Can somebody help me how to fix this stupic look icon???

Old 06-27-2007, 06:36 PM
WTF? That's just comical.

Old 06-27-2007, 06:38 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Ro_Ja Boy
WTF? That's just comical.
yeah right....... when I took it out I was laughing about it!!!

Old 06-27-2007, 06:41 PM
Im sorry it happened to you, but that is just ridiculous. How could they put that on sideways?

Old 06-27-2007, 06:48 PM
when did you get your kit i still did not get my kit yet.

Old 06-27-2007, 06:52 PM
I just call them and he look at this page and he going to talk to someone on this now. i hope my kit ok and no one got a hat too.

Old 06-27-2007, 07:00 PM
5 Year Member
Could be a "classic" and a conversation piece I'd keep it...Just me!
Good Luck whatever you do.
AC

Old 06-27-2007, 07:51 PM
Banned
805 backed me up in my thread that proved K&N's Typhoon SRI was crap. He's not all bad, and kind of funny, and good to have around because of his tech. experience.

Old 06-27-2007, 08:35 PM
Retired Moderator
I belive that sticker for the switch is about 2$ from the dealer.... but man ...somebodys quality control.... kind of blows dog squeeze

Old 06-27-2007, 09:19 PM
That is really weird! Mine was just fine. Perhaps you have #1 in the production run.

Old 06-27-2007, 10:23 PM
Originally Posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
I belive that sticker for the switch is about 2$ from the dealer.... but man ...somebodys quality control.... kind of blows dog squeeze
Indeed, the part number for the recirc switch decal is 79605-SLN-A01ZC, and Majestic Honda has it for $1.46.

Aaron T.

Old 06-27-2007, 11:05 PM
I really don't know why people keep bashing the Metra kit. The color match and fit on mine is perfect and I paid $25.00 for it from Crutchfield.

Quick Reply: My Scosche kit doesnt fit!! OMG!