Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Dash Cover + Fit?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 10:11 PM
Dash Cover + Fit?

I have a charcoal-colored dash cover coming next week and wanted to know if anyone else has purchased one for their Fit. I live in (see username) the fiery pit of Hades when it comes to Sun damage potential. So I thought a little proactive care on my part would help keep our (wife and mine) investment in good shape. I'll post pictures once it's installed.

So dash covers? Got'em? Let me know!

-Jeff

Other add-ons in the few weeks I've owned the Fit...
*Armrest (Zeta Products, non-folding, very nice)
*Exhaust tip (Honda issue)
*Rear bumper applique (black)
*Cargo cover flappy thingy (vinyl and worth it)
*Dead pedal (Zeta scores on this one, very easy to install!)

Notable Mishaps...
*Punctured sidewall on one tire within first week!
*Pizza-faced the bottom of the front bumper's body kit (not super noticeable, but not happy about that as it's scarred for life).
*Forgot to deploy parking brake on incline, whines occasionally when I go into reverse.

Considering I owned a Ford Focus ZX5 before this... The Honda would have to catch fire and fall into the ocean before it fell into the same score/satisfaction category as the Ford!

Old 08-30-2007, 12:39 AM
5 Year Member
dont have a dashmat, but might be considering getting one! im gonna wait on your pics first

Old 08-30-2007, 10:09 AM
5 Year Member
yes I have a dashmat black carpet type and I love it i can hide the wires to my xm under it and I can use velcro to stick all kinds of stuff to it.
I got mine online from a shop in az. 30 bucks deliverd.

Old 08-30-2007, 11:11 AM
Banned
I've had my dash mat for about a year- got it on costco.com in the auto accessories section for $20.00, made by Coverking. Absolutely perfect fit.

Old 08-30-2007, 02:04 PM
5 Year Member
ooooo since so many ppl have it, i bet not all are exactly the same. ppl show some pics! greyblackvelouretc etc

Old 08-30-2007, 04:19 PM
Originally Posted by Jazz GD3
ooooo since so many ppl have it, i bet not all are exactly the same. ppl show some pics! greyblackvelouretc etc
Actually, the picture you're requesting is exactly what I have coming next week. I wanted the greyish black and the velour vs. the carpet. Hang tight, be Fit!

Old 09-03-2007, 01:25 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hondafitAZ
whines occasionally when I go into reverse.
Just letting you know about the whine in reverse its a honda. If it is the same whine i am thinking of all hondas got it. so i wouldn't worry

Old 09-03-2007, 03:43 PM
Any pics of the dash cover?.. I'd be interested in getting one as well.

Old 09-06-2007, 11:01 PM
Installed this evening... Pictures tomorrow come rain or shine!

Old 09-06-2007, 11:08 PM
Sweet...I'm installing 4 1/2" component speakers in some pods I'm making where the little windows are (perfect size and angle for speaker enclosures And the dash is pretty reflective so a good dash mat would really aid in sound quality.

Old 09-07-2007, 09:57 PM
Pictures as promised! Sorry for the first one, it rained last night!

The dash cover is still in the 'settling' period, so you may see some, ahem, fitting issues.

And of course no Fit is complete without...

Old 09-07-2007, 11:05 PM
Beautiful !,can you please tell us where did u buy them ?

Old 09-07-2007, 11:10 PM
Originally Posted by boyetssilverfit
Beautiful !,can you please tell us where did u buy them ?
Buy Car Covers, Seat Covers, Dash Covers, Floor Mats online

Cost was $39 w/shipping. They had to send it to the factory to get it precision cut, which took about 10 days, but well worth the wait considering the airbag on the passenger side is accounted for as well as the upper dash vents. They have darker colors for those you don't want grey.

Old 09-07-2007, 11:38 PM
And ordering one now ... thanks alot. Very much what I was looking for!

Old 09-08-2007, 11:04 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Injundon
And ordering one now ... thanks alot. Very much what I was looking for!
If you are a Costco member, you can order this brand through the costco.com web site for about 25% less. That's where I got my dash cover.

Old 09-08-2007, 11:32 AM
5 Year Member
hey guys, thinking about buying one of these as the dash gets dirty quick. but what is the center sensor?

Old 09-08-2007, 11:42 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by sterVin
hey guys, thinking about buying one of these as the dash gets dirty quick. but what is the center sensor?
I wondered the same thing, and emailed the mfgr. to ask. Got no reply, so since this is Costco and I could return the mat if unsatisfied, I ordered "without center sensor". Whatever it is, we don't have it because the mat fit perfectly. At the same time, I ordered a mat for our Scion XB. As weird as the dash geometry is in the Scion, that mat fit perfectly also. You can't lose here- GREAT quality and price.

My reason for buying the dash mat was the dust accumulation from static electricity, and wanted a place for easy velcro mounting of my radar detector. No more dust now, and if you use the "hook" side of velcro on the bottom of your radar detector, it will stick to your mat until you pull it loose, without tearing or pilling the mat surface.

Last edited by manxman; 09-08-2007 at 11:57 AM.
Old 07-22-2008, 04:54 PM
To those of you with the coverking dashboard cover - did anyone get it with the center sensor cut out?

I emailed as well, with no reply, but selected that they cut out the center sensor to make sure it didn't impact any of the car's existing systems... Hopefully this wasn't a mistake.

I was thinking, since I know of no sensors on the dash, maybe their website gives that option for all dashboard covers. ?!

Old 07-22-2008, 06:46 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by hardac
To those of you with the coverking dashboard cover - did anyone get it with the center sensor cut out?

I emailed as well, with no reply, but selected that they cut out the center sensor to make sure it didn't impact any of the car's existing systems... Hopefully this wasn't a mistake.

I was thinking, since I know of no sensors on the dash, maybe their website gives that option for all dashboard covers. ?!
I hope that you didn't make a mistake, but I think that you might have. Let us know what the "cut out" is and where it is please.

Old 07-28-2008, 03:59 PM
Hey all.

Heard back from CoverKing - here's a pic they sent of a cover with the center sensor removed. You'll see it between the two forward vents. Sure enough I don't have this sensor so I requested and was able to have my order changed.

Anyone know what the sensor is for and why I wouldn't have it? I'm driving a 2008 Fit Sport USDM.

Quick Reply: Dash Cover + Fit?