Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

system pops on shutdown

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 12:57 PM
5 Year Member
system pops on shutdown

Anybody on the board have any suggestions on how to eliminate a popping sound that comes from my new system when I shut it down? The system includes:

Pioneer DEHP5000USB HU
TMA 4 channel amp wired in to 4 Infinity Reference speakers
10" Kenwood powered sub

Thanks in advance!

Old 05-18-2008, 01:53 PM
5 Year Member
Check your gain.If that's set up properly then might be a turn off noise from the amp.Not familiar with the amp brand so can't say about their quality.

Old 05-18-2008, 03:24 PM
Originally Posted by Fitting
Check your gain.If that's set up properly then might be a turn off noise from the amp.Not familiar with the amp brand so can't say about their quality.
Nothign to do with Gain.. WTF is a TMA amp?... if it's a cheapo amp you ca live with it or buy a motorala 555 timer chip and wire it to your remote turn on lead. Or a common mistake is using an ACC or +12V switched wore as the remote turn on.

If it's a cheapo amp..it's VERY common.. it won't do any harm..

Old 05-18-2008, 03:55 PM
5 Year Member
Could be the gain as having that way to high(people who think it's a volume knob and using it like the more the better). I had this when I started in audio and always had the gain at max. Seen this in Car Audio Mag. where Derek Lee told people to turn their gain down.
I doubt it's the gain but don't want to bash on his amp maker since I don't know the brand.
Not trying to argue with you as I'm sure you've way more experience as I never got certified or continue to work in the industry after my training.
Just trying to point out a possibility to the op that is easy for him to check and free to try.

Old 05-18-2008, 04:10 PM
5 Year Member
TMA is Total Mobile Audio, which is JL Audio's 'made in china' subsidiary. Not high end but not particluarly cheap, either. I bought it from a reputable local shop. I'll see what they have to say about it.

The wiring is from my remote turn on lead, but I'm using one wire for both my 4 channel and sub amp. Could that be an issue?

It does get better (not as loud) if I turn the amp gain down but it doesn't go away.

Old 05-18-2008, 06:16 PM
5 Year Member
Never knew JL have a subsidary in China.
Most hu remote can easily turn on 2 amps so that shouldn't be a problem.
I would have to say it's the amp.
Buy a new one or get something like what Injundon recommend.

Old 05-18-2008, 09:11 PM
Okay try this and lemme know how it goes. Get someone to turn your head unit on and off for you. When they turn off the head unit, does the light on the amp turn off instantly or does it fade down?.

It should turn off instantly. If it fades down there's a blown Diode on the turn on circuit and it's feeding back from the capacitors in the amps turn on section.

If it turns off instantly right whe the radio turns off. It's just a design flaw in the amp.

Old 05-19-2008, 03:51 PM
when my remote wire stoped working on my CD player harnass i hooked my wire right up to the power wire for the CD player and when i turned it on and off the sub would pop, are you hooked up to the remote wire or are you running you remote from you amp right to the power wire on your head unit? lol sorry have to ask some people dont know what there doing when thay hook up a system or what not.. not saying you dont.