Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

My system/alarm install in my '08

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 10:35 AM
5 Year Member
My system/alarm install in my '08 (updated 3/29)

First time post here for me, thought i'd share pics and talk of my install in my daily driver..

Stuff i installed:
- Pioneer F700BT and iPod cable using the Scosche kit
- Alpine PDX5 amplifier
- Kicker C10 woofer (since replaced w/ Rockford Fosgate P3SD210 10" 2 ohm DVC Shallow Sub)
- Autopage F110 alarm upgrade
- DEI 545T Headlight module
----- Updated 3/29/09 on page 3 of this topic ----
- Image Dynamics HLCDs
- Diamond Audio 6" midbass

Radio:

Install was pretty painless with the Scosche kit and included wire harness and directions.... the kit did not snap/rest fully into place on the top right hand corner though, i had to get creative in pulling it in from the back...

All in all, I am happy with the results...

The Pioneer radio is great in that it has Navigation, built in Bluetooth that works with my iPhone, and the iPod control is top notch.....

Amplifier:

Wanting to stay with one single amp for all 4 corners + a subwoofer, i went with the Alpine PDX5 amp (75x4 + 300x1)... great little amp although it's not little enough to fit under a front seat like the popular JL amp everyone on this forum recommends

Running the amplifier wire was easy... using a big flathead screwdriver i poked a hole through a big grommet on the driver side up where your left foot would go

And that comes out right where it needs to be :-)

For amp mounting, i screwed it right into the rear panel/metal.... it's nice and secure and off out of the way of anything i may lug around in the cargo area

For a subwoofer, my main goal was to keep it out of the way, which pretty much meant "off the floor".... so after taking in the layout in the back and weighing my options, i thought it would be a great idea to use the Fit's notches for the optional hatch cover to suspend a box above the floor... this way i could slide and store stuff underneath it...

So to start, took a simple piece of cardboard and traced and cut and traced and cut until i had mimiced the panel's curvatures...

Both sides mirror each other, so i only had to do up one piece of cardboard.... I then transfered the shape of the curve to a piece of MDF and measured across (it was something like 36" if i remember right) and traced the driver side..... on both sides, i left "tabs" towards the front of panel so it would snap into the notches for the hatch cover.... here is the top piece of the enclosure to show what i mean

So with that panel made, i could now suspend the woofer and it's box from that and keep the floor clear for stuff like golf clubs, gym bags, groceries, etc.... as shown in the pic

Because of the woofer i already had, the Kicker C10, i mounted it facing into the box and it sounds just fine... i do plan, and soon, to get a "shallow mount" 10" woofer and mount it facing down so that will clear up the space taken by the woofer itself..... the box is 4 inches deep inside, so i have choices between Sony, Pioneer, Kenwood and Rockford for shallow mount woofers...

## Edit ###
Did indeed buy a shallow mount Rockford woofer, now I my cargo/carrying space is still VERY usable

So with that setup, i can fold down both seats, just one, or leave them both up and have whatever floor space i need.... removing the box is as simple as pulling it up and out and unplugging it from the amplifier

Alarm and accessories:

I really really really liked the built in transmitter on the key, so i wanted to keep that in use and avoid carrying around another keyfob on my keychain.... searching around i found the AutoPage FA110 alarm upgrade that will piggyback on a stock keyless entry system and give full alarm functionality... it "watches" the doorlock wires to decide when to arm and disarm... pretty ingenious actually....

Anyways, *most* of the needed wires for the install are coming right off the gauge cluster..... from door trigger to trunk trigger to flashing lights are all located along the top of it

For the wires which the FA110 "watch", they are located in a plug on the left side of the fuse box..... i took a picture of that, but i don't have it handy right now... i'll post it if something asks for it later.... (EDIT: i did indeed post said picture a few posts down)

So that's the install i did..... i'm looking to change out that woofer sooner than later and then look into some nice components for the front doors..... i look forward to hanging around this forum as i love to talk audio/security and the installation skills that come with it....

- Steve

Last edited by MorningZ; 10-05-2009 at 05:11 PM. Reason: Added link to additional work
Old 08-26-2008, 11:50 AM
5 Year Member
wow awesome job dude... all that wiring has me lost,lol but that goes to show im not good with electrical work....does the pioneer radio stays like ???? I would be affraid for some one to steal that thing.

Old 08-26-2008, 11:54 AM
anyway you can describe how you removed the gauge cluster? thanks!

Old 08-26-2008, 12:34 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by vtecdreamer
wow awesome job dude... all that wiring has me lost,lol but that goes to show im not good with electrical work....does the pioneer radio stays like ???? I would be affraid for some one to steal that thing.
I don't understand... "stays like"? do you mean "is it securely mounted?".... yes, it's secure in there

btw, Deltona eh? Deltona High graduate myself (haven't lived up there for years though)

Originally Posted by jaebee
anyway you can describe how you removed the gauge cluster? thanks!
It's pretty simple, but just a lot of screws...
- First remove the clamshell surrounding the steering column (3 screws on the underside)
- The front facia of the gauges snaps in place.. just pull it back and it'll come right off
- Remove every screw you see until you can get at those wires

Old 08-26-2008, 09:50 PM
5 Year Member
Are you the same MorningZ from Team-Integra.net?

Old 08-26-2008, 10:15 PM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
wow great idea with the subs!!!!!
very smart.

Old 08-26-2008, 11:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by abcsr2ez4me
Are you the same MorningZ from Team-Integra.net?
indeed i am

i would have guessed the wristband in one shot and my GSR in the other would have given that away :-)

Last edited by MorningZ; 08-26-2008 at 11:04 PM.
Old 08-26-2008, 11:13 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MorningZ
indeed i am

i would have guessed the wristband in one shot and my GSR in the other would have given that away :-)

Oh damn. I wasn't sure. I switched from TI to FitFreak once I got my fit. Its hard to believe its the same guy but hey, welcome to the board.

Old 08-26-2008, 11:20 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by abcsr2ez4me
Oh damn. I wasn't sure. I switched from TI to FitFreak once I got my fit. Its hard to believe its the same guy but hey, welcome to the board.
Whats been your early thoughts on going from a teg to a Fit? well, besides "drastic loss in power", heh

Old 08-26-2008, 11:21 PM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
well now that you say it,
i'm down for more pics of your gsr then

Old 08-27-2008, 12:07 AM
5 Year Member
Kyle you can find MorningZ's fit all over his own website: team-integra.net

But Z, the irony is that my fit is actually faster than my teg. I had a really messed up integra and actually joined TI in hopes of rebuilding it to its original beauty. Hence the lovely DIY's all over TI. But instead it taught me a good lesson. I'm not good with DIY's. I have terrible luck with my handy work so... here I am with a new car.

So why the switch? Teg not gettin enough mpg?

Old 08-27-2008, 12:18 AM
5 Year Member
Oh no... i still have the teg... always will....

i just wanted to get something that i wasn't scared to death to drive/park/leave in mall parking lots and movie parking lots, etc etc....

plus the Fit is a lot more practical for hauling people and stuff around in

Old 08-27-2008, 12:22 AM
RubberBabyBuggyBumpers
dude u solved my latest dilemma of finding a piggy back alarm system... rep points for awesomeness lol

Old 08-27-2008, 12:45 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by B1str0
dude u solved my latest dilemma of finding a piggy back alarm system... rep points for awesomeness lol
if you want to see ahead of time what the install consists of, the 12volt.com has the install manual in their "downloads" section

This plug is the key to the install... it's got the actual door motor wires for both sides in it..... these are the wires the FA110 needs to see to arm/disarm

Just about every other wire needed is on top of that gauge cluster...... i got the colors needed from Commando Alarm's website (everything with "GCM" in the notes is a wire on the cluster)

Old 08-27-2008, 12:49 AM
RubberBabyBuggyBumpers
thanks a bunch ! i should be ordering the module this weekend

Old 08-27-2008, 06:04 AM
5 Year Member
wow, the way you have your sub box is actualy quite ingenius... keep most of ur hatch space, have access to your spare, etc... i mite use that idea for my car if i cant figure out how to mount everything in a stealthy manner... do you get any rattles or anything from how its mounted?

Old 08-27-2008, 06:56 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by feared
wow, the way you have your sub box is actualy quite ingenius... keep most of ur hatch space, have access to your spare, etc... i mite use that idea for my car if i cant figure out how to mount everything in a stealthy manner... do you get any rattles or anything from how its mounted?
no rattles at all

Old 08-27-2008, 08:30 AM
5 Year Member
Sorry about that dude... I ment to say does the radio stay with the screen like that, or is there a cover that you can put on so that thieves cant see it.... like radios were the face are detachable, well vise versa with this one.... does it have something of that nature??

Old 08-27-2008, 12:10 PM
5 Year Member
This radio does not have detachable face.... if that's important and you want double din, the JVC NX7000 might be more up your alley

Old 08-27-2008, 01:57 PM
exactly

Originally Posted by B1str0
Kudos to Morningz for this post. I've been looking for a way to upgrade the fit sport's "security system" since I got the car. I didn't want extra FOBs, holes drilled, warranties voided or any non OEM looking stuff. I've got a little more research to do on it but it looks perfect. DEFINITELY rep points for you.

Quick Reply: My system/alarm install in my '08