Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

My system/alarm install in my '08

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 08:50 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mrken
Thank you for your reply.
Is there any secure mounting locations behind the gauge assembly, or should I not bother with detaching it at all?
I have no idea as i wasn't looking back there for a mounting location too much

Originally Posted by mrken
I am wondering why you do not recommend Scotchloks? The connections appear identical to those of T-taps.
Scotchloks are widely regarded as a poor choice..... you use what you want though, it's your car, your install

Old 03-29-2009, 10:21 AM
5 Year Member
Wow, it's hard to believe it's been 7 months since I started my system, yesterday I made some further upgrades... "new" front speakers

For these, I've had a set of Image Dynamic HLCDs (info) sitting in my closet for almost 4 years now, as the last they have been used was in my previous Integra... they would have made the switch into the new one, but the clutch pedal was in the way...

Anyways, scoping out the Fit (08 Sport), there's plenty of room for all the stuff I want to put in.... complimenting the ID speakers is going to be a set of Diamond Audio 6" mids that I also have had sitting around for many years

So first I took off the door panel and popped out the stock speaker (snap in clip on the top, slide up to remove the whole assembly) I broke the brittle plastic hooks on the bottom of the passenger side, but oh well

Weeeeaaakkk speaker!

So checking with the window down, there isn't a hell of a lot of room to work with

So I got some 3/4" birch, and created some new mounts.... pretty standard stuff..... traced the outside edge of the speaker...

A great trick I picked up years ago is to make a mark on the guide for a jisaw about 3/4" away from the blade and follow the trace with this line instead of the blade, this will be the inner cut for the "ring"

After cutting out the inside and test fitting the speaker, I screwed it right into the Fit's factory location using 1.25" wood screws

I don't know why these speakers never really caught on mainstream, but the Horn Loaded Compression Drivers are totally kick ass speakers..... This particular set is now in it's 3rd vehicle, including being involved in the attempted theft of my old Teg (you can see the damage done to the one on the driver side).... whoever tried to steal the car snapped these off their mounts and just left them on the floor, they had no idea they were a part of a $600 component set

Some well placed backstraps and screws and speedclips provided the mounting for both of these... and neither is in the way of the glovebox or pedals one single bit

Last thing to do is make some snap on covers for them and I am done with my system finally.....

thanks for reading

Extra side note: I know the F-Series Pioneer radios are popular with this crowd, if you have one, seriously look into upgrading the software with coding people out there have done.... you can change the way buttons operate, add extra buttons for functionality, and even have 3D buildings show up on the map screen...... and it's super easy to do

Old 12-15-2010, 05:55 PM
5 Year Member
Nice car and nice write ups. Gen1 FIT FTW.

Old 03-21-2011, 06:34 PM
where's the alarm write-up?

Old 06-02-2011, 01:53 AM
jdmfit08

i want to get a system for my fit too

Old 06-03-2011, 02:28 PM
5 Year Member
I am intrigued with the ID HLCD. What does this offer compared to component system? With the horns being away from the ear doesn't it make the sound farther and not up close? I am not a audiophile guy, but would like good sound from my system. Not to compete only for personal use. I have Diamond Audio M561 components not installed yet. And if the ID HLCD offer that much better sound I would pick those since I read one you install them you only need to change/add midbass and your set.

Last edited by danger69; 06-03-2011 at 02:34 PM.
Old 06-22-2011, 05:20 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by danger69
I am intrigued with the ID HLCD. What does this offer compared to component system? With the horns being away from the ear doesn't it make the sound farther and not up close? I am not a audiophile guy, but would like good sound from my system. Not to compete only for personal use. I have Diamond Audio M561 components not installed yet. And if the ID HLCD offer that much better sound I would pick those since I read one you install them you only need to change/add midbass and your set.
It's hard to really tell you via typing what horns sound like.... hearing a set in person is the best way......

Old 06-22-2011, 05:21 PM
5 Year Member
Update on my stereo system:

Ordered Pioneer's new "AppRadio" today... hoping to put it in my Fit this weekend

Old 06-22-2011, 10:07 PM
5 Year Member
Damn, haven't seen horn speakers in so many years.

Old 07-06-2011, 12:04 AM
hey, hey. i recognize the username on avic411. i'm one of the other guys that's pretty disappointed in appradio. LOL! oh well, that's the price we pay for being early adopters. i'm SO hoping for a firmware upgrade soon.