Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Rare Jdm goodness

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 07:40 PM
spelng > me
5 Year Member
Rare Jdm goodness

Been looking at some of this stuff before I bought my fit, wasnt sure if it would fit cause jdm fits are different, plus after 2004 there were some change's. I thought that someone else would have snagged some of this up buy now but I am guessing no so I will post these items up, maybey somebody would be bold enuff to try it out, since everybody is always asking about seats swap's, steering wheel's, and custom interior. Plus its just gangsta to have rare jdm parts so here we go.

Mugen seat covers
Auto light sensor for auto matic lights

Old 03-03-2009, 07:53 PM
5 Year Member
Hmmm, interior parts. They should fit with no problems

Only real question is how to wire the airbags on the JDM steering wheels I guess.

Old 03-03-2009, 08:06 PM
5 Year Member
I'm a big jdm fan and none of those parts are half as attractive as the usdm Fit's parts. The steering wheels look ricey. The Mugen seat covers are nice, but a waste of money imo.

Old 03-03-2009, 08:15 PM
spelng > me
5 Year Member
Well I would be willing to make the sacrifice for show's, pics, and meets, but I had some hope of it pluging in and working, I was more worried about the seats fitting or working right, cause they are just covers but I was wodering about the split backs and the harware cause there were some door panel trim peices, window botton trim, and the auto shift bezel wouldnt work on LHD car's. At first I was like IDK why not but after looking real good at the pics while I was on my laptop in the car I did notice why, so I didnt post pics of those items but the actual seats are whats important

Old 03-03-2009, 08:27 PM
spelng > me
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hondafrk
I'm a big jdm fan and none of those parts are half as attractive as the usdm Fit's parts. The steering wheels look ricey. The Mugen seat covers are nice, but a waste of money imo.
I did kinda think the wheel was a lil overboard but its a rare option to buying a aftermarket wheel it still has a airbag in it, getting to work would be the challenge, But its to be different and factory at the same time for me. And if my yen conversion is correct most of this stuff was under 400 and the mugen seat were less than 900

Old 03-03-2009, 08:33 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by HONDAJUNKIE
I did kinda think the wheel was a lil overboard but its a rare option to buying a aftermarket wheel it still has a airbag in it, getting to work would be the challenge, But its to be different and factory at the same time for me. And if my yen conversion is correct most of this stuff was under 400 and the mugen seat were less than 900
I understand the whole rarity thing, my Civic has and has had quite a few very hard to find items on it. I just don't think those steering wheels or shiftknobs/etc. are nice looking at all...just doesn't do it at all for me; i'd rather have an aftermarket Nardi or something nice like that. Yeah losing the airbag sucks, but can't win 'em all!

The Mugen seatcovers were less than $900? I didn't see Mugen seats.

Old 03-03-2009, 09:03 PM
spelng > me
5 Year Member
I understand the whole rarity thing, my Civic has and has had quite a few very hard to find items on it. I just don't think those steering wheels or shiftknobs/etc. are nice looking at all...just doesn't do it at all for me; i'd rather have an aftermarket Nardi or something nice like that. Yeah losing the airbag sucks, but can't win 'em all!

The Mugen seatcovers were less than $900? I didn't see Mugen seats.
They are the second to the last pic in the post befor the light sensor, and if you were talking about the websight they were on the second page I think. I would rather have the mugen seats but the sight only has the rears listed in description, and didnt have the fronts listed so I was cofused and until I get a answer back from them I would wait on those cause they are tight and all but it would suck to only have the rears but thanks for the input. I do think it looks worst cause the pics they use are not good quality

Old 03-03-2009, 09:31 PM
5 Year Member
Those are all options offered by Honda of America besides the Honda Access and Mugen seat covers.

Old 03-03-2009, 10:22 PM
5 Year Member
i think i like my stock fit color. not a bad find though for someone else

Old 03-03-2009, 10:23 PM
spelng > me
5 Year Member
really they never offerd any of that stuff when I bought mine, and even if they did I know it would be alot more than ordering them.

Old 03-04-2009, 01:21 AM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
guiness has the mugen seat covers and he says their fitment is not perfect but really close.

i like the stock colors of black and grey of my interior. all this color matching plastic is too ricey for my blood.

Old 03-04-2009, 08:44 PM
spelng > me
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kylerwho
guiness has the mugen seat covers and he says their fitment is not perfect but really close.
Is his set the fronts and rear they only list it as the rears

Old 03-05-2009, 12:59 AM
5 Year Member
actually these items have been covered before.

The gauge cover trim, that fits fine. Shifter with blue stitching, we have a US option so u can buy it from any dealership. Same with the steering wheel cover (only fits base models but member leonine put it over his sport model. it fit snug but looked good).

Mugen seat covers, the fronts fit nicely. Only 2 minor problems: no cutouts for airbags and drivers side has an opening in the back for a "hook" that the US version doesn't have so ur left with a 1.5 x 1" hole. As for the back seat, they fit very snug. There was only a couple minor things. There was no opening for the center seat belt latch, there was no openings for the center headrest holes (nor a cover for the headrest) and the other 2 headrests were a different shape so it fit kinda loose. Other then that, they fit fine. Rickygoshdarn had it in his car for a while and he showed all those minor differences.

Same goes for the red and blue covered seat covers, all the same minor differences then with the mugen seat covers. I remember a member on here bought them and installed them. They looked good but they were fitted losely on the seats, they really didn't hug the seats like the mugen seat covers.

Auto light sensor i've seen it before but nobody has used it before. I find it kinda ugly with a box siting there. It's not that hard to click on ur headlights.

Old 03-05-2009, 11:11 PM
spelng > me
5 Year Member
Dam I was hoping nobody knew about these let alone had them I was to keen on the trim peices I was digging the red seats they would have went good with some red type r recaro's, Mabey I might go seachin for some ep3 fronts hope nobody has done them

Old 03-16-2009, 02:54 AM
Touched by his noodly appendage
Only thing I like out of that is the mugen seat covers.

Old 03-16-2009, 03:09 AM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
my thoughts exactly

Old 03-16-2009, 03:15 AM
5 Year Member
I agree. I am a fanatic when it comes to JDM, but I think I would rather stray from the norm and reupholster with Katskins before I did any of those seat covers.

Old 03-16-2009, 03:30 AM
5 Year Member
I just fnished pricing Katzkin for the fit the way want that. I must regrettably say **** THAT SHIT!!!!

Old 03-17-2009, 03:19 AM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by Kittengolf
I just fnished pricing Katzkin for the fit the way want that. I must regrettably say **** THAT SHIT!!!!
What was the damage for them..?

Old 03-17-2009, 03:45 AM
Great stuffs...I think they will fit...

Quick Reply: Rare Jdm goodness