Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Post pics of your Headunit & Dash!

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 12:35 PM
Originally Posted by polokid69
Have you found any way of connecting the IPOD from the rear instead of the front of the HU ? This drives me crazy to have wires hanging out of my dash going to the glove box. When i bought it I thought you could connect to the rear.
Is that cable your using that one that can play video from the iPod? If it is, does it work for you. I bought one from eBay and it turned out to be a generic Chinese one and it didn't work with my 3gs.

Old 10-08-2009, 01:05 PM
Originally Posted by psmo290
Is that cable your using that one that can play video from the iPod? If it is, does it work for you. I bought one from eBay and it turned out to be a generic Chinese one and it didn't work with my 3gs.
That's the adapter cable Crutchfield sent with the head unit. I have yet to be able to play videos from the IPOD but everything else is controllable thru the HU, all the IPOD music. I just would like to somehow connect this thru the audio video connections in the back of the HU so I don't have those wires hanging out. It's funny, the adapter cable came with a warning label that it may be toxic, lol.

Old 10-08-2009, 05:40 PM
That's the adapter cable Crutchfield sent with the head unit. I have yet to be able to play videos from the IPOD but everything else is controllable thru the HU, all the IPOD music. I just would like to somehow connect this thru the audio video connections in the back of the HU so I don't have those wires hanging out. It's funny, the adapter cable came with a warning label that it may be toxic, lol.
Got my pioneer bluetooth model today and installed. Can make calls outbound and the voice quality is great. My only issue is that the manual for both HU and BT model manuals say I should get additional menus I do not get.

Old 10-08-2009, 06:00 PM
Got my pioneer bluetooth model today and installed. Can make calls outbound and the voice quality is great. My only issue is that the manual for both HU and BT model manuals say I should get additional menus I do not get.
If you're talking about the function menu, you have to flip the bypass switch to get to that menu.

Old 10-08-2009, 06:49 PM
5 Year Member
...off topic

Old 10-12-2009, 07:35 AM
mine is the metra kit that comes with the HU when u buy it off crutchfield.

Polokid, where did u put the ebrake bypass switch? Mine is still hanging from below the center dash right above those cup holders
I'll send you a pic but I just installed (mounted) the switch yesterday. I too had it dangling and looked bad so I took the cover above to 12 volt outlet, used a dremmel to cut a neat hole and snapped it in. Ran the wires behind the dash, now looks good and hardly noticeable.

Hey,question, on your pioneer HU, it has that BT Audio with a pic of headphones. I tried to sync my motorola headphones with it and it never will pair them. Is that just for a bluetooth player and not headset like the picture ? Not sure if you have an Ipod or Iphone but if you do, have you been able to play videos on the Iphone/Ipod thru the HU ?

Old 10-12-2009, 11:40 AM
I'll send you a pic but I just installed (mounted) the switch yesterday. I too had it dangling and looked bad so I took the cover above to 12 volt outlet, used a dremmel to cut a neat hole and snapped it in. Ran the wires behind the dash, now looks good and hardly noticeable.

Hey,question, on your pioneer HU, it has that BT Audio with a pic of headphones. I tried to sync my motorola headphones with it and it never will pair them. Is that just for a bluetooth player and not headset like the picture ? Not sure if you have an Ipod or Iphone but if you do, have you been able to play videos on the Iphone/Ipod thru the HU ?
The bluetooth audio player works fine with my iphone but I never use it since I always plug it in to charge the phone too. I never got video for the iphone to work. I even got that one special cable to do it, but it didn't work for me. It might be because it's a chinese cable and not the official Pioneer one.. I don't know

Old 10-16-2009, 08:12 AM
The bluetooth audio player works fine with my iphone but I never use it since I always plug it in to charge the phone too. I never got video for the iphone to work. I even got that one special cable to do it, but it didn't work for me. It might be because it's a chinese cable and not the official Pioneer one.. I don't know
I finally got my Ipod videos to play. Found I had to tell the HU aux1 that I had IPOD connected and had to set video out on Ipod. Videos play thru aux1 func and not thru normal Ipod menu option on HU.

Old 10-16-2009, 11:30 AM
^^
Did you use the special cable for iPod or just the normal USB cable?

Old 10-16-2009, 11:48 AM
^^
Did you use the special cable for iPod or just the normal USB cable?
I guess it's a special cable, has ipod connector on one end and other end is split between a usb and 1/4 stereo jack connector, I plug both in front of HU

Old 10-16-2009, 11:49 AM
I guess it's a special cable, has ipod connector on one end and other end is split between a usb and 1/4 stereo jack connector, I plug both in front of HU
actually is an 1/8 in connector(same kind that would plug into top of Ipod if I was connecting something there)

Old 12-26-2009, 04:40 PM
damn touch screens look great in this

Old 03-02-2010, 12:57 AM
5 Year Member
Eclipse AVN726E - 5 volts out, Scosche kit using Metra clips to keep it in place.

Old 03-02-2010, 11:26 AM
5 Year Member
It seems like my scosche kit doesn't fit properly.. I know about the bottom two peg things that need to be cut but the top doesn't fit properly. Like it won't push it all the way or something.. Anyone have insight on this?

Old 03-02-2010, 12:54 PM
Check out the Scosche fitment sticky - they all suck like that.

Old 03-02-2010, 02:59 PM
5 Year Member
I did look at that but I wouldn't think that the bottom would make the whole thing stick out like that. Also, is using a switch a good way to run the bypass for the DVD player?

Old 04-18-2010, 12:57 PM
Name:  IMG_0562.jpg
Views: 385
Size:  65.8 KB

Eclipse AVN 4430, screen is a removable Tom-Tom.

Old 04-18-2010, 11:42 PM
5 Year Member

Old 04-19-2010, 12:33 AM
5 Year Member
man, I've been dying to get a navi HU ever since I bought the car. I just don't want to risk having some douche bag break into my car though. Than I'd have to buy another one, and possibly a window too.

Old 04-19-2010, 04:52 AM
I like the looks of that Kenwood a lot.

Quick Reply: Post pics of your Headunit & Dash!