Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Real jdm steering wheel badge!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 08:46 PM
5 Year Member
Exclamation Real jdm steering wheel badge!

ok i messed up my stock steering wheel emblem and i always wanted a real one but didnt know what one it was, now i saw these two pictures on ebay somewhere for some off brand emblems, (the ones in the pictures are the real jdm emblems), now as many other people are dying to know, what damn badge is this from so i can order this thing today!

Old 04-24-2010, 09:17 PM
5 Year Member
ok so the only one i can think it could be is the ep3 rear emblem, its the smallest one i found online, its a little bit bigger than stock but screw it, it will look soooooooo much better with a rear emblem and not these stickers.

Old 04-25-2010, 09:54 AM
5 Year Member
Wow a whole bunch of views and not one person culd help a brother out with some info. I ordered the ep3 rear badge yesterday bec im impatient but i need some closure from someone to make sure i got the right badge

Old 04-25-2010, 07:56 PM
5 Year Member
Given what happened with your experience with decal dude, this looks like a promising solution. Let us know how it goes! Also, I wonder what would happen in the course of an accident with that thing flying @ your face?

Old 04-25-2010, 08:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by honda2112
Given what happened with your experience with decal dude, this looks like a promising solution. Let us know how it goes! Also, I wonder what would happen in the course of an accident with that thing flying @ your face?
thanx to the only guy that has done this (andyd) he sent me a picture of his installed, and man im sooooooo glad i chose this over then stickers, as far as the air bag, the emblem is smooth, has no sharp edges, and will only fly off when the air bag goes off, and to tell u the truth if im in an accident that requires the bag to go off im sure the emblem hitting me in the forehead will the last thing id worry about. i mean come on guys the car is a really safe car and plus when you guys swap out the steering wheel with a racing one then bye bye air bag, so whats safer having a little plastic emblem on a steering wheel with an air bag or not having an air bag at all??? and soooooooo many people have swapped there steering wheels so im sure they dont care.

Old 04-25-2010, 09:35 PM
Looks good man hope urs fits good

Old 04-25-2010, 11:03 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by crash001
Looks good man hope urs fits good
O i know its guna look sick. Nothing looks better than the real deal. I hope more people do this simple mod.

Old 04-26-2010, 12:38 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by xonexlifex
thanx to the only guy that has done this (andyd) he sent me a picture of his installed, and man im sooooooo glad i chose this over then stickers, as far as the air bag, the emblem is smooth, has no sharp edges, and will only fly off when the air bag goes off, and to tell u the truth if im in an accident that requires the bag to go off im sure the emblem hitting me in the forehead will the last thing id worry about. i mean come on guys the car is a really safe car and plus when you guys swap out the steering wheel with a racing one then bye bye air bag, so whats safer having a little plastic emblem on a steering wheel with an air bag or not having an air bag at all??? and soooooooo many people have swapped there steering wheels so im sure they dont care.

I have had mine installed for close to two years. Looks pretty much stock, and i am pretty sure it would not effect much with the air bag going off at all.

Old 04-26-2010, 08:08 AM
5 Year Member
Oh, I'm in for sure, just curious how you attached it.

Old 04-26-2010, 09:25 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by honda2112
Oh, I'm in for sure, just curious how you attached it.
O so thats the easiest part of all. The emblem has sticky crap on the back of the emblem already. All u have to do it cut off the pins and stick it on and ur done!

Old 04-26-2010, 04:50 PM
hm. Not a bad idea. Interesting though, that you helped decal dude come up with the designs now your almost diverting people away with statements like "it will look soooooooo much better with a rear emblem and not these stickers. "

Im sure thats not your intentions, but thats what just happened to me. I'll be ordering another rear badge from an ep3 within the next week or two. Thanks!

p.s. +rep for you!

Last edited by meyerman; 04-26-2010 at 07:59 PM.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:00 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by meyerman
hm. Not a bad idea. Interesting though, that you helped decal dude come up with the designs now your almost diverting people away with statements like "it will look soooooooo much better with a rear emblem and not these stickers. "

Im sure thats not your intentions, but thats what just happened to me. I'll be ordering another rear badge from an ep3 within the next week or two. Thanks!
It wasnt my intentions but i hate how much he has promised and promised and didnt make sure he sent me a real one before he made a whole bunch of the wrong size. Now if he makes the new ones and they work then hey good for him and all the people that ordered the gd3 one and got the wrong size. But ya nothing is better then getting something real that u know wont look bad and that u know that will work. Im my opinion i only was trying to help the guy out, if i wuld have thought of to put a real badge on the steering wheel in the first place than im sure u and a million people wuld have done the same in the first place.

Old 04-26-2010, 08:29 PM
so you just order a ep3 rear badge and it will fit the steering wheel insert where the original H emblem is? does this apply to gd and ge models? and does it make a difference if there is no cruise control on the steering wheel?

Old 04-26-2010, 09:31 PM
Originally Posted by xonexlifex
if i wuld have thought of to put a real badge on the steering wheel in the first place than im sure u and a million people wuld have done the same in the first place.
Oh no man, i agree with you, dont worry. I thought the decaldudes badges were of good quality, but they were more of a sticker huh?

Old 04-26-2010, 10:18 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jdmgd4
so you just order a ep3 rear badge and it will fit the steering wheel insert where the original H emblem is? does this apply to gd and ge models? and does it make a difference if there is no cruise control on the steering wheel?
it will work for the ge or the gd3. The emblem is 2 inch high and 2.5 wide. The stock emblem is about 2 inches high by 2 1/4 wide so the new emblem will cover the whole thing from top to bottom. It will stick to the black part of the wheel instead of going straight into the groves. In my opinion with it being bigger it will look way better. Ill post really good pics as soon as i get it tomarrow or the next day. But ya it has double sided tape on the back so all u have to do is cut the pins off the new emblem and peel and stick!

Originally Posted by meyerman
Oh no man, i agree with you, dont worry. I thought the decaldudes badges were of good quality, but they were more of a sticker huh?
ya its a sticker. Its just a vinyl sticker with some clear stuff on it to make it look like the real thing. But they do a good job if they were the right size

Old 04-28-2010, 03:48 PM
5 Year Member
finally got it on! and man does it looks sweet!

heres the link for more pictures
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...tml#post847875

Old 07-21-2010, 08:22 PM
Looks sick bro!
Glad that you're happy with the product now. Haha, thinking of doing this in the future. not now. But thanks!

Old 09-30-2010, 05:17 AM
doesnt the badge need to be convex?

Old 10-03-2010, 07:09 PM
How flush is it with the steering wheel? It looks like it barely sticks out past the wheel. Can you get a picture from the side or angled to show how flush it is?

Old 10-03-2010, 08:38 PM
5 Year Member
wow that does look pretty good.. do you know for sure if would fit the GE wheel perfectly as well?

And yea, wondering if you could get a couple side angle pics too

Quick Reply: Real jdm steering wheel badge!