Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Help!! Need help to install subs!

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 01:51 AM
5 Year Member
Help!! Need help to install subs!

Hey guys I just purchased my 2010 Honda fit sport I recently had 2 12' jl audio subs in my grand am today I cut the box in half and re carpeted it I just want to insatll one sub I have the amp wires and equipment and the general knowledge to install em into an aftermarket head unit but I'm keeping my HU stock so how would I go about installing them to a door speaker and where is a good place to find a ground also I have a 1000 watt amp is the battery to small to even power that. Is it possible for any one to post a walk through for the install. or guide me to a thread that contains a detailed one... heres a picture of the box
P.s. The car rocks!! Name:  IMAG0069.jpg
Views: 4097
Size:  34.9 KB

Old 07-30-2010, 01:54 AM
i had 2 kicker cvr's and an 1100watt amp i wouldent mess with it myself the fit was a pain in the a$$ call a couple shops and ask how much they would charge to install i got all the wires and installed for 80$ you can do it your self but its a pain in the butt like i said also dont go any smaller than 4 gage wire. have fun good luck

Old 07-30-2010, 02:18 AM
5 Year Member
what was so hard about it? and i also have 10 gauge and 16 gauge idk which to use so help me lol ! also its a lease is it worth even putting them in

Old 07-30-2010, 01:51 PM
5 Year Member
Get yourself a 4AWG amp kit, it will have everything you need for that sub amp, you will also need a line out converter so you can get the signal from the H/U to the amp. Door speakers are 6.5's with Tweets in dash, rear doors are 6.5's as well I believe, you can tap the back doors for the line out converter, most people don't worry about rear door speakers. Your previous 6X9's are not going to work in the fit.

As far as difficulty in running the wiring for the amp, it isn't that bad you can check my build log here and see I ran a full set of wires front to back on my Fit.

Old 07-31-2010, 04:52 AM
5 Year Member
so me and 2 buddies did the install today we ran the power wire from the battery to the left all the way down the firewall behind the glove box we ran the remote lead around the accessoire fuse and ran it to the right side. we then opend the seatbelt pilliar i used the ground that was already there to attach the amp ground, i added a splice into the orange and blue speaker wire in the rear left speaker. i connected the cables ran the and tucked all wired re conecceted everything. the system played it was pounding hard. then maybe 3 blocks of dirivng i hear a pop. all speakers go out. i turn the car off hit the pilliar were the connection was made turned it back on and it worked. drving later it did it again ( meaning no speakers at all had sound) i turn the car off not hitting ot touching the connection and turn the car back on. and it worked! what could be that issue? is the amp to strong for the battery

Old 07-31-2010, 08:08 AM
check your ground.....

when i tried i couldent reach the firewall granted i have big arms and hands, neather could the guy at the shop he had to drill a hole, and run everything that way, but now that its done batery relocate? lol and i dont think ur system is too much for the alternater and the battery ive seen fits rocking two 15"s with 2200 watts fine. cheack your ground and see if the prob goes away i had what ur discribing once about 4 months after putting the system in i unhooked the negitive waited ten mins then put it back on never had a prob since. my fried with one 12" had the same prob bout a week later and he did the same thing and it worked good luck

Old 11-19-2010, 01:45 PM
the fit is a pain in the ass to deal with when you hide the wire under the plastic it never seems to want to fit together again