Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Drunken Navigation System

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 01:07 PM
5 Year Member
Drunken Navigation System

Okay, I'm a newbie to this.
When I bought my Fit availability was difficult and I did NOT get the Sport with Navigation. So I bought a Garmin portable. To be honest, I like it a lot. It works great....BUT...

It has a tendency to guide me to places, but for no apparent reason when I get close? It will detour me in the final blocks and have me go some really weird ways to "actually arrive".

It's not a big deal if I can physically see the place, I just ignore and drive to it. But if it's a smaller place or I don't see it, I've driven in weird patterns just to discover that all I had to do was drive 500 ft straight and turn in a driveway.

Really, The Garmin works great, I'm happy with it, but it has this occasional tendency.

Just wondering if this is "normal" for GPS navigation systems or do I have a Drunken Garmin?

Old 08-20-2010, 03:02 PM
5 Year Member
Get an android smartphone and use google's navigation function in the maps app. the damn thing works better than my tom tom portable gps.

i never thought i'd see the day a phone can function better than a dedicated device at its own game.

p.s. your garmin gps is normal. my tom tom does the same thing. it tells me to make a safe u turn and then drive .25 miles and the destination will be on the right(when the damn place is right next to me on the left, i could just make a left turn into the parking structure but the gps tells me to take the road rage inducing u turn and turn a right into the place).