Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

need help on installing LOC w/bass tube to factory HU

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 10:02 PM
5 Year Member
need help on installing LOC w/bass tube to factory HU

well i have a bass tube lying around, so figured why not use it?

have the power wire kit and picking up the LOC this weekend

ive been reading about how people have been tapping into the speaker wires and using a LOC(line out converter) to connect the bass tube while retaining the factory head unit.

i wanted to know if anyone has done this and what wires you tapped into? colors? what side? front or rear? it seems fairly easy but i always like to ask before starting a project.

thanks guys

Old 10-19-2010, 03:00 PM
5 Year Member
loc should not be needed if you have an amplified tube. It is built in.

Then depending on how you want to run wires if you want to go all the way to the headunit pull the headunit out and attach on to the speaker wires there or pop off the panel where the front seatbelts go and down there is the harness going into the back door all you have to do is either:
A. pull up a wiring diagram for the car or
B. take off the door panel and find which wires go to the speaker and tap those two wires in the harness.

I haven't changed the speakers in the car in about a year so i don't remember the colors off top. only one speaker really need be tapped. a couple of T-taps and male spade connectors and you are good to go. gonna be like 18 or 20ga wire so you need some small t-taps. also tap both leads for left and right speaker onto just the one if you are going the door speaker route.

Last edited by bigtoepfer; 10-19-2010 at 03:08 PM.
Old 10-19-2010, 03:51 PM
5 Year Member
well i need the LOC for the jack inputs for the tube.

found a thread on how to wire it up in a civic. should be about the same with the fit.\

what do you mean by tap both leads for the left and right speaker???

Old 10-19-2010, 05:56 PM
5 Year Member
ok running the RCAs is the part I'm talking about that is unneccesary. Because the bass tube has that built into it. makes buying an LOC pointless. you just run the wires on the bass tube to the speakers and tap on.

If you are going to run RCAs then run it all the way to the headunit and put it behind the headunit that way when you decide that its time for an aftermarket unit because I'm sure eventually u will if you keep the car, you can just plug in the RCAs to the new unit.

The LOC will have 4-6 wires, a left + and - and a right + and - and possibly two grounds. you have to connect the +s on the +side of the speakers wire, and -s on the - side of the speaker wire. usually they are white and white w/black stripe and grey and grey/w black stripe black stripes indicate - on the LOC that is.

is this any closer to answering your question?