Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

stereo details

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 10:58 AM
stereo details

does any one have details on the radio that came in the car or any info on replacinf the stereo i want to put my touch screen clarion in there but no one has the kit to swap it yet helllllp

Old 06-14-2006, 11:11 AM
jocifer1,

I moved your post to the Electronics section forum.

In response to your question. To use an aftermarket DIN or Double DIN radio in the Fit, You and other North American buyers will need the Dash fascia from a Asian or Mexican/Brazil spec car.

From earlier post it will be about $300 for the panel but it opens a lot of options for what you can use in the car like Double DIN navigation systems. You might have to wait a little while until this piece becomes widely available.

Old 06-14-2006, 04:37 PM
sweet

ok i need it where do i get i want me me me me me lol

Old 06-14-2006, 04:38 PM
Master FitFreaker
I like hte JDM red hazzard button hahaha

Old 06-14-2006, 04:39 PM
also

i was wondering what the back of the stereo looks like does anyone have pics or info on the stereo itself i know its got a auxilary button but does it have plug in wires or do i need that stupid pin set thingy i want to rip it out so bad

Old 06-15-2006, 08:18 PM
Wiring Harness

People who are thinking about hacking their stock wiring harness to use an aftermarket radio may not have to do that.

I just talked to Scosche and they say they will have a reverse harness in about 3 weeks available for the Fit.

They say to ask for part number HA10.

Old 06-15-2006, 08:51 PM
cool but what kind of plugs are in the back of the stereo are there auxilary in jacks or are they those special plugs that that have to be used for example is it as easy as pull off the radio and pluging into those red white and yellow jacks

Old 06-18-2006, 04:00 AM
just to let everyone know that the dash you see in the pic will on fit without modification, also you need the ac and defrost switch also the color does not match.

Old 06-19-2006, 07:50 AM
I got the Mexican Fit panel and it doesn't work. It has two issues I can see so far:

1) Openings for the AC/Heater and Air-Bag warning are not big enough to accomodate the US versions of these items. As I see we have two options:

a) Use a Dremel to open up the location so they'll fit (might need to use epoxy to hold them into place when done since the snap-in install will be gone.

b) get the Mexican fit version of these switches and rewire the
harness. This would be quite a pain.

2) Curvature on right side (nearest glovebox) isn't as steep as Mexican version of the fascia so it doesn't allow the entire thing to fit.

a) Dremel out excess plastic.

Bottom line - I wouldn't waste time ordering the Mexico version of these parts unless you are extremely comfortable with making fairly serious modifications to get it all to work and look good.

I'm thinking a cleaner alternative might be to use the USDM fascia, take out the radio, dremel a huge Square and then fill back in the opening to a 2-DIN size by using Fiberglass, sand paper and painting it all black or silver when done.

Old 06-19-2006, 08:11 AM
timster,

Thanks for filling us in on your dash modificatons. Sorry to hear that the MDM facia doesn't fit without serious modifications. Out of curiosity did you take any pictures the facia? I was hoping some of our members in Asia (Thailand, Philippines) can confirm they use the same piece.

I guess I can uncross my fingers that this mod would work.

D

Old 06-23-2006, 10:07 AM
Originally Posted by aziatiklover
I like hte JDM red hazzard button hahaha
if you are referring to the pic posted above, then thats not JDM