Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Where to put my powered sub?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 11:00 PM
5 Year Member
Where to put my powered sub?

Sound Ordnance™ B-8PT

Bought this with a double din h/u and polk speakers (I don't plan on shaking my windows/mirrors with this system)...crutchfield didn't send me all that I needed so I have a few days to plan my install.

dimensions: 9-1/8"W x 3-1/4"H x 13-7/8"D

My priorities:

1) Maintain as much of an OEM look as possible (clean install)
2) Use as much of the cargo versitility as possible (I'm not planning on giving up my spare tire or trunk space unless absolutely necessary)

That said I was curious if there were any ideas of where I could put the sub.

I tried under the seat, it fits. However, what I mean by "fits" is there is no room to budge. I don't know how I could adequately brace it without ripping it out everytime someone moved the front seat up...also I'm not sure how many wires could be hidden under there given the limited room.

I also placed it on top of the right shelf in the trunk. It fits great! My concerns would be #1 how to brace it (w/o bungees) and #2 if it would rattle the plastic it was placed against.

Any ideas about the above or additional ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Old 08-17-2011, 07:09 PM
5 Year Member
Under the shelf can work but you may end up with some ugly fasteners to keep things in place. I always try to keep gravity on my side with something that could have some mass moving around. And like you noted rattles may turn into a nightmare depending on what kind of music you listen to, the volume you listen at and how sturdy the panel is.